Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News > Reviews

Old 22 Sep 2010, 16:06   #1
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

7 Concert in Helsingborg (Sweden), Aug 2010

Alphaville concert in Helsingborg/Sweden 2010.08.14

After a fantastic crayfish-party on Friday together with Lisa and Fredrik, also from New Horizons, on the little island of Kössö, we took the boat on this sunny Saturday morning back to Gothenburg, where Lisa and Fredrik was supposed to take the train down to Helsingborg while I was going by car together with Jocke and his friends. And so we did. Unfortunately the sun stayed in Gothenburg and when we arrived to Helsingborg the Big Endless Rain started. Jocke and his friends from Alingsås were staying at the same hotel as Alphaville and had a big, beautiful room so Lisa, Fredrik, Peter and I went there for a pre-party. Down in the lobby we met a smiling Martin Lister, who hugged us and was happy to see us there.

Lisa and I had made a Alphaville-quiz that we called “The middle of the Riddle” and was questions about the lyrics. The prize was one of these nice, swedish-traditional crayfish-hats that Lisa and I made with the song symbols from Afternoons in Utopia printed on it. Later on Christina arrived and did the quiz as well. By that time we listened to natures own “Thunder And Lightning” that sometimes drowned the music we could here from the Forever Young 2010-festival two blocks away from the hotel. At around 18.00pm Jocke, me and his friends made our way down to the festival to see Ultravox and the other bands that played before Alphaville.

At 21:00pm we gathered around the stage that was placed in the harbour square next to the grey sea. On the left side of the stage, a German flag was waving in the rainy wind next to a statue that reminded me of the Siegessäule in Berlin. So suitable, I thought smiling, while the falling rain was coloured by the stage lights. “Waiting for a change in the weather, I’m waiting for a shift in the air” I started to sing and the waiting audience around me joined me in the song.
The sky was dark when Alphaville entered the stage. “Still Falls The Rain” someone said next to me and we smiled to each other. But we forgot about the endless rain as we became one with the music. Maybe the rain even added something new to the line of Alphaville-concerts I’ve been to. Well, it definitely was a new experience to get a circulating rain-soaked Alphaville T-shirt right into my face from a singing and screaming Peter, who was jumping next to me to the song A Victory Of Love. Marian seemed to be in a good mood.

After the encore some of us went to the other stage to see the last band playing, The Human League, while the rest of us walked back to the hotel where we were lucky to meet Alphaville and the crew. They were standing outside and they thanked us once more for being there supporting them in this weather. Marian had a (new?) camera that he tried to understand how it worked and he took several pictures of Lisa and me. For a while we wondered who were the fans... ;-) The plan was to go to a bar and have something to drink. Peter were still wearing his rainsoaked T-shirt and Marian said that he could go upstairs to his hotelroom and fetch a dry shirt and so he did and gave his own to Peter. “I can’t believe it”, one of the sound guys from Alphaville said, “This shirt is Marians’ favourite shirt and he just gave it to you!”

We went into the bar Helsing and Marian asked what we wanted to drink and went to the bar. I guess we were there for an hour, maybe more. Then the band and most of the crew went back to the hotel. They were leaving early for Berlin the next morning.

We had a wonderful evening and night despite of the flood and went to bed with a big S.M.I2.L.E that early morning.

By: María Cederwall

Set list

01. Dance With Me
02. Monkey In The Moon
03. A Victory Of Love
04. Sounds Like A Melody
05. Summer In Berlin
06. Carry Your Flag
07. Big In Japan
08. The Jet Set
09. Forever Young

Encore:

10. Apollo

Photo gallery:

http://www.alphaville.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=72

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Last edited by Krapplund; 22 Sep 2010 at 16:10.
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2010, 23:48   #2
MalilaM
Random Motion

Great review, Maria, and those crayfish-hats were a great idea! Thanks for sharing the nice experience! [love2]

And.... From the new photos shared, it seems Dr. Bunny has been included into the new emblem: [smile2]

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2010, 05:10   #3
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Yeah...haven´t notis that before....JP where are you

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote