Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News > Reviews

Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:06   #1
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

7 Concert in Rostock (Germany), Aug 2008

Back in Germany!

I’m back in Germany and Rostock to see Alphaville live for the second time this year. Last time was in May and now I’m sitting at a park bench together with Patrik “Patten” Karlsson in downtown of Rostock. We are enjoying the warming ray of lights from the sun and the cold beer in your hands. We are waiting for the hotel to get a room free for us. We have been travelling from Sweden since yesterday and spent the night on the night-boat from Trelleborg. This trip was decide for only three days ago and now we are here ready for the happening of this evening – Alphaville live!! Partik have been looking forward to his next gig, and soon it’s time.

Sound check…

Time for us to get our room, and it was no problems at the afternoon. A single-room but adequate for us, we was not here to sleep all night long. After some food we went to the festival-area and was looking around and had some beers. It was a lot of people there and we had a nice time. But than was it time for Alphaville to sound check and two crazy fans was close to the crush barrier. We had the chance to listen to different short songs like “Golden Feeling”. It was nice to hear again and I had to record a short part of it. I did send it to Katrin that was at the “Golden Feeling” fan-meeting with lots of fans, so they could laugh a bit

Beer-time!

After the sound check we went home to the hotel and had some more beers, but than it was time to get back to the festival-area and we had a great time there with beer and live-acts with different qualities. We meet another fan also, Nicola that was alone there. The time approach for the top-act at 9 pm – Alphaville! Time to get a new beer before the crush barrier was calling again. Than was it time…time for the party to begin!

Time for party!

Time for party and the gig started with song “Gallery” and continue with “Dance With Me”. Looked that they had a great time on stage Marian and Co. And what can we say in front of the stage? We had a great time also Patrik, Nicola and me. And if it was a party before did the show go to a great party when the song “A Victory Of Love” started to my happiness. Jumped and like almost every time it was time to swivel my t-shirt I did enjoy the concert totally and song after song past by. Martin Lister was happy and smiled all the time. When Marian did sing “Golden Feeling” (I think it was that song but I don’t remember clearly) he went down to the crush barrier and did shake my and Nicola’s hand. That was a great feeling, he recognized the Swede The concert continued and to early the band with Marian went off stage, but went back after some screaming. It was time for the end of the show…time for “Apollo”!! Great song and I did enjoy every second, but sad to know that the show was almost over. After that they went off stage and did not return for the ballad version of “Dance With Me”, that was a disappointment after the great memories I had from the song from last show in Rostock. But it was also a disappointment that the show only was for 60 minutes and not 90 minutes that Moonbase said it would have been. But nothing to do about it, just to enjoy and collect memories from another live gig with Alphaville!

After-party?

We was waiting after the show and hoped to see any from the band or crew so we could talk with them about a after party, but no one that hade time or energy for that. So we walked to the hotel we hoped that Alphaville was staying during the night. Asked at the reception and got the answer that they wasen’t staying at the hotel, but we went to the bar and had some beers and hoped for the best. But no Alphaville arrived and we went to our hotel for some sleep. We heard later that Alphaville was on some interviews and did meet fans that had won a chat with Marian and Co after the show thru a magazine. And after that they did travel back to Berlin, so they did not have any hotel in Rostock, badly.

New day, new sun…

6 am did Patrik and me wake up after just a few hours sleep and went with a taxi to the ship that should take us back to Sweden. The trip home went without any problems and I was home again later that evening. Patrik had a long trip home again but think he hade some great memories with him now, like me. A great trip with great weather, cold beer, nice food and a great Alphaville concert! Thanks Marian and Co!! Now I’m just waiting for the new album and a new tour that I will join for sure, and think Patrik also will that for sure.

Set-list:

Part 1

01 - Gallery
02 - Dance With Me
03 - Monkey In The Moon
04 - A Victory Of Love
05 - Sounds Like A Melody
06 - Around The Universe
07 - Jerusalem
08 - Golden Feeling
09 - Big In Japan
10 - Jet Set
11 - Forever Young

Part 2

12 - Apollo

Photogallery:

http://www.alphaville.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=66

Jeder geht allein
Jeder für sich
Auf seinem Weg nach Alphaville.

Peter “Krapplund” Krappinger
New Horizons co-leader Sweden

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Last edited by Krapplund; 14 May 2009 at 10:32.
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2008, 19:11   #2
*ariAna*
maniac

Thanks for your review, Peter!
No wonder Martin recognized you ... I guess everyone would!

G - O! Let's go!
*ariAna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2008, 19:27   #3
Katrin
Banned

Thanks for the report, Peter!!!
Katrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2008, 04:50   #4
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Thanks....

I hade a great time in Rostock!

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2008, 08:01   #5
wii
Dream Master

Pictures online soon...thanks for the report Peter, looks good
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2008, 10:08   #6
Mateusz
Banned

thanks for relations too
Mateusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2008, 17:40   #7
MalilaM
Random Motion

Great review, Peter. Thanks for sharing!

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2008, 20:16   #8
alphaandre
Dreamer

yeah peter, really intresting review, if it`s okay i will translate it in german, to print the review in our fan magazine "golden news", because at the day of the second rostock concert was our fanmeeting so that me, torleif, katrin and some others couldn`t come to rostock, and drink some beer with you :-)

Many greetings from germany

André
alphaandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2008, 20:19   #9
wii
Dream Master

I changed the new pic and added the gallery, see our mainpage:

www.alphaville.org

Thanks for the pics Peter, perfect size and filenames, I like details like that, less work for me
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2008, 20:48   #10
Katrin
Banned

Thanks for upload peter´s photos, willy! Are nice!
Katrin is offline   Reply With Quote