Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News > Reviews

Old 15 Feb 2008, 15:46   #1
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

7 Concert in Esbjerg (Denmark), Jun 2007

6 a.m. in the morning, the first beer refrigerate my liver on the train to Denmark. 16th June and I’m on the way to my 15th Alphaville concert. This time they play on the Esbjerg Rock Festival that have a 80´s theme with artists that was big in the 80´s. Danish and international acts will perform during the festival.

The time passed in the train and one other Alphaville fan, Lisa joined my journey after a while. We had a pretty long trip to Esbjerg, but after lots of beer the watch went 15.05 and we arrived to the town and had to hurry away to find the hotel all Alphaville fans hade booked. It was easy to find, running up to the room and preparing for the evening. Finding a cab and away to the festival-area. For the first time for me I was on the guest-list and could go inside for free. I had bought one ticket months ago and had to sell it somehow. But it was no problem to get ride of it, I just walked to the ticket-line and asked first best girl if she wanted to buy a ticket. Inside the festival that had been out stream for hours Belinda Carlisle was on stage performing all her well known songs like “La Luna” and “Heaven Is A Place On Earth”. Before her Midge Ure did perform, badly I missed him perform be course we just went to Esbjerg than, anyway it was great the rumours said. I would loved to hear him perform songs like “Dancing With Tears In My Eyes”, “If I Was”, “Vienna” and “Fade To Grey”.
After Midge Ure did Paul Young perform, it was good but not more.

A funny thing was that everyone looked for Willy that should be in the 80’s tent where they did play 80’s music all the time. We where looking for him and asked each other “where is Willy?” Abrupt he was there and talked to us, and than he was vanished again. And that continue all night long. The houres approach to Alphaville time and I had a last cold beer before the gig, and than to the front of the cruse barrier. I got a great place, just in front of Marian Gold. Time for love!

Martin Lister and band did board the stage first than Marian went on stage and did perform the first song “Gallery”. He looked happy and smiled. We Alphaville fans (including Willy) that did stand in front of the cruse barrier, screamed, sing and had a great time. We where from different country’s like Sweden, Norway, Germany and of course from Denmark. At this event all three leaders from the fan-club New Horizons was represent, that was fun. The time did run away very fast and soon it was time for the song “Forever Young”, Marian did the audience sing the first refrain like always and the audience did it well (like always). After that the band went backstage and everyone screamed “one more time”. Not long time after that the band went back on stage, and did start perform the 80´s song Golden Feeling – great! Last song after that, Apollo and that’s a great last song for a Alphaville concert, I think.

Just another Alphaville concert went to the end, and we where standing outside the backstage fence to try to get some small talk with the band, but Marian had to contribute one interview with the Danish television. During this time the Danish artist One Two did perform, they where like one copy of the Swedish band Lilli and Sussie.
We did wait for some time but decide to get some food and beer. When we didn’t where at the fence Marian came back and did signed stuff for the fans. Badly we missed it but we hade a great time together talking about the Alphaville show and different stuff in the sun, but the question was back again “where is Willy?”

Last act to perform was German Nena, and she got good response from the audience, and performed on stage for over 1.5 hours. Badly that Alphaville not was the last act, by this time it hade got dark and the light-show was great to see to Nena, so it would have been great to see to Alphaville. When Nena was ready we decide to go to the hotel, but before that we stopped at a bar to get some more cold beers. Willy should have joined to the bar also but over again “where is Willy?”. And before we went to the hotel I and Patrik bought a pizza-slice to eat.

Next morning I, Lisa and Patrik went to the breakfast and talked with all that was eating breakfast about the concert and the day before. Patrik did leave earlier than Lisa and me so we went back to the room and slept 1.5 hour more. After that we relax some time until Lisa watched the clock and notice that the watch showed 09.38 in the hotel room, and the train left at 09.42. We hade to run and I with my old fracture of the leg could not run accurate, but we made it. After several hours I was back at home

Altogether the festival was great and I had a wonderful time with the music and to meet all the Alphaville fans again and we hade luck with the weather, that always a big plus. Now just to wait one month to the next time I will see Alphaville live, this time in Langesund performing at the Gylne Tider Tour 2007. Can’t wait to be in front of the stage again and see and enjoy Alphaville again!!

Set-list:

01. Gallery
02. Dance With Me
03. Monkey In The Moon
04. A Victory Of Love
05. Carry Your Flag
06. Sounds Like A Melody
07. Questions Of Happiness
08. Jerusalem
09. Big In Japan
10. I Die For You Today
11. The Jet Set