Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Dream Polls > Dream Polls

Poll: Will you join the concerts at the Whisky-A-Go-Go in LA in 2018?
Poll Options
Will you join the concerts at the Whisky-A-Go-Go in LA in 2018?

Old 11 Oct 2017, 22:39   #21
MalilaM
Random Motion

I have paid huge amounts of money to travel for "just" one AV concert and it has been worth every penny (and every month paying the debt off). The extras have been to visit new countries, meet the great friends I've made in this community and, definitely, the experience of being there to listen to all those songs live is one of the best things that have happened to me.
Since my current job won't allow me to commit with such a huge debt and because of the uncertainty of a trip to the USA as a Mexican, this is a straight no for me. Apart from that, even if I could, I'm not sure I would enjoy it as much without so many of my friends.

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2017, 13:28   #22
wii
Dream Master

More info now on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1964320256961427

***Disclaimer - This is NOT for everyone and it is NOT just a concert – it is a 4 day event! Only about 400 people can attend. We have arranged payment plans to make it more affordable.***

Packages will go on sale on October 20th, 10AM Los Angeles time at http://www.AlphavilleUSA.com/
This is not just a concert show. Think of it as a a retreat with your favorite band which includes: 2 unique concerts, 3 nights / 4 days of ultimate band experience with Alphaville for you - the fans! Come celebrate Marian's Birthday Weekend in Los Angeles- plan your vacation week now for this memorable opportunity.
*** What you get:
· 4 days / 3 nights in the same hotel as the band, breakfast included.
· 2 evenings with Alphaville at the Whisky a Go Go – this will be about 6 hours of Alphaville performing dozens of songs - more than 30 never performed live before.
· 2 Pre-concert parties with transportation to and from the Whisky a Go Go.
· After party / birthday bash for Marian.
· Dinner & Q&A session with Alphaville and special guests.
· Intimate meet and greet with Marian and the band (only 25-30 people at a time).
· Complete Box Set for the entire two night performance – as much as 6 hours of stage time.
o Audio CDs, Blu-Ray/DVD
o A book documenting the entire event and more (estimated to be more than 200 pgs.)
o All kinds of Alphaville swag – commemorative poster, coffee mug, t-shirt, pin and more.
· Special surprises that cannot be announced. You’ll just have to wait and be there
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2017, 14:51   #23
NelsonF
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalilaM View Post
because of the uncertainty of a trip to the USA as a Mexican, this is a straight no for me
Uncertainty? What uncertainty? Unlike that facing U.S. tourists in Mexico (http://cnn.it/2v9OWsd), there is no uncertainty facing Mexican tourists in the U.S. Never has been.
NelsonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2017, 15:02   #24
JaJaJa
Rebel Dreamer

There is the uncertainty of getting an entry to the US at all. And that btw. goes for many nations, also EU ones for example! So if you have got a valid visa it won't necessarily mean you can enter the thing. And if you have paid an amount like the one for this event plus for a flight, to have to return would make you specially happy.

Между нами дураками естъ один большой дурак.
Раз, два, три - Это верно ты!
JaJaJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2017, 15:06   #25
NelsonF
Dreamer

Obtaining a tourist visa to the U.S. from Mexico or the European Union is amazingly easy.
NelsonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2017, 22:06   #26
MalilaM
Random Motion

@NelsonF: I know two people who are (or were) frequent travellers to the USA, but weren't allowed to renew their visas. One person close to me was rejected at the airport with a valid visa. In my own experience as a foreigner, renewing my visa wouldn't be a simple process, plus it would take me at least two days off-work; not counting that it would also add to the cost of the trip.

@Ja^3: I could very well be rejected from any country in Europe the next time, but so far everything has been easier for me there. And I felt more welcomed too.

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2017, 07:42   #27
wii
Dream Master

I wrote on my Facebook page about this event, and asked: "Who's joining this?". Got lots of replies, but read this from Carl in Sweden (copied here with permission):

Who's joining this?
So I said to my wife: ”Oh Patti, Ain’t it strange but we now face New horizons and I know this will mean some Danger in your paradise, but we need to talk (although you’re not In the mood).” So, we brought the family together and (If) the audience was listening. I said: “There won’t be a Summer in Berlin this year and oh yes that’s right, no Jerusalem either, I know we had plans for that but you can be On the beach as much as you like, play in Patricia´s Park and there will be some Summer rain when you can have indoor activities and wait for Tomorrow. They asked me why so I said: “You know The one thing I love is to live Today, therefore I want to live through The impossible dream and be in Control of myself. I will always be Here by your side but we need to turn our pockets Inside out so your (Universal) daddy can fulfill his Fantastic dream. Caroline and Ariana, your Jet set days are over for at least Five years”.
My wife said: “Say it ain’t so Joe” and I answered: “Some people will travel, some will not but I want to see this Crazy show. Please have Faith in me and I promise it will Change the World. There will be Headlines about this and maybe they will call us Fools and maybe the Next generation will talk about this For a million years. I know this will throw us Into the dark financially but thanks to our 20th century savings I can travel to Dangerous places and treasure that Golden feeling and truly state that Life is king. You know you can always Call me… (Lies, no time for that…)”. She looked at me, asking herself whether this was Heaven or hell and said: “Something is wrong here but I suppose that is how the Mysteries of love works And I wonder how our marriage turned Upside down? You need to Wake up!” So I woke up and asked myself: “What is love? Is a Return to paradise still possible?”
Those were the days back in Berlin 2004 and Paris 2014 but we have now reached a Paradigm shift. There will always be more Afternoons in Utopia, I will keep the Flame and try to stay Forever young and it won’t be the End of the world (just one of The things I didn’t do) but next time you Carry your flag please Dance with me in a Heartbreak city nearby. Wishful thinking? Anyway, the answer is unfortunately no.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 16:56   #28
andrewbw
Dreamer

That's brilliant.
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2017, 08:05   #29
wii
Dream Master

The packages have been updated, take a look:

http://www.alphavilleusa.com/packages.html
Old 15 Oct 2017, 11:10   #30
Kaz
Her...

A lot for what is basically two concerts and an aftershow party.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote