Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News > Reviews

Old 08 May 2008, 08:29   #1
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

7 Concert in Rostock (Germany), Apr 2008

First journey for 2008!

After almost one year was it time to make a journey to see Alphaville live again. I have been look forward to this time, 30th April a long time now, but now was the time! After a days work am I now sitting on a train from my hometown Emmaboda in south-eastern of Sweden. But I hade not open many beers before the first problem came along this trip. Five train stops from home was a forest fire so the train couldn’t continue the trip. Everybody had to take a buss for around 1½ hour and than back to another train to continue the trip. Lucky that I hade cold beer with me After some more problems and 2½ hour later than estimated from the beginning was I in Trelleborg and did wait for the ship should leave the harbour for Rostock. I was lucky that I joined Trelleborg in time for the ship. Strange that every time I go for a Alphaville trip somewhere there’s problem in some way or another, but for sure are that you will remember the trip for a long time

Another day another beer…

The boat trip went without any problem and lots of beers. Time to leave the boat and take buss and S-bahn to the hotel Elbotel that was very opportunely close to IGA Parkbühne, where the gig should be later this evening. The hotel I did know from my last visit in Rostock back in 2006. After the check in it was time for some relax time in front of the television with a beer or two. After a lunch at the hotel I went to the city centre for some sightseeing and pub-visits. I hade anyway time to spend before the other Alphaville fans arrived.

Back at the hotel

More beer at the hotel and a knocking on the door, it was Leif from the German Alphaville fan-club “Golden Feeling” that have arrived some minutes before. We talked some minutes before we went to the bar to get a cold beer. And at the bar Andre joined and some more minutes later the other fans joined us also. Nice to meet old fans again and they that was new for me. After some chat we decided to travel by car to the concert. I got the chance to talk and have some drinks with Katrin parents while we where going. At the concert place was pretty many people and I found a beer-wagon

Time for the show!

The watch approach concert time and almost everyone went to the crush barrier. But a DJ at the stage did play different songs a long time so I got the chance to meet other Alphaville fans that I did know should join the concert from the German forum. And the time went away and more beer for me But than was it time for Alphaville! I have been look forward to this for a long time now and now was the time! Gallery was first and the crowd was at top and screamed! What a feeling and one song after the other past, but than was it time for “my” song “A Victory Of Love”. And like the most times since 2004, I take off my t-shirt and starts to scream, sing and jump like a crazy! What a great song! That’s “love” like I always say. And after around the half concert, starts the second highlight that I have been waiting for, the song “Song 4 No 1 But Myself” that I never heard before. Badly the sound was too bad for a real listening by the crush barrier, but I liked it a lot what I did hear. I think it would be a great song for the next Alphaville album. Back to the concert and two songs later they did play “Golden Feeling”, and it was the third time I ever heard it and it’s a great song! So I think they can continue playing it for some more years. After the ballad-classic “Forever Young” they went of stage, and I fought now wouldn’t I get the chance to hear “Apollo”. But the crowd creamed “zugabe” which means “encore” a lot so they went back and performed the song, that to my happiness. A great finish of a great concert! They went of stage again but went back after that the crowd creamed “zugabe” again and this time very more. And what to say, the next highlight was so great, that tears could flow. Like last song did they perform the piano version of “Dance With Me” and it was unimaginable sumptuous. At the end of the song Marian Gold get down on his knee in front of Martin Lister, what a great gesture made by Marian. A powerfully moment at one great concert and evening, that will be in my memory for a very long time. And the day after did the magazine write on the show like slow and that the crowed liked it but not more. They hade so wrong, the crowed was screaming, jumping and enjoyed the concert very much.

After-party…

Back at the beer-wagon for me, than I did go with Jan’s parents by car to the Radisson Hotel in the city centre and at the bar in the reception was the band with crew. So we got the chance to talk with them and have some beers together. Photos and autograph was written during this very nice time. Like always it’s nice when we get the chance to hang around with Alphaville, you feel like get one more connection with them. After some hour one after one dropped away to their rooms and we decided to leave the hotel for our own hotel.

After-party II

The night was still young so Leif, Katrin, Andre and me decided to have some more beers at our room, and I hade the fridge full or cold beers. We did listen to music, talked about everything and hade a pleasant time. My beers that I hade drunk during the day made it and I started to get tired so at around 5 a.m. I did go to sleep, but after just one hour did the reception call. It was time for me to leave. A taxi was waiting for me outside the hotel. Just to get ready and run down to the taxi and be happy. We went to the überseehafen and I jumped on the boat home to Sweden again.

Home sweet home

The trip home went without any problems and of course beer. I still hade some cold beers from the fridge at the hotel, and at the duty-free shop at the boat they hade more beer to me. So after two days and two hour I was back at home again and this time with a memorably memory from a great trip, a wonderful concert and a powerfully experience. I will maintain a great memory in my mind for a long time. This concert was a top-5 concert for sure of all my 17th concerts I have seen during the years. I can’t wait to the next time I will start a journey to see Alphaville live again and I hope it will be a release-party for the new album this autumn in Berlin/Germany. We will see what’s happening, but I wish it will happen. Take care everybody and cheers!
Set-list:

Part 1

1. Gallery
2. Dance With Me
3. Monkey In The Moon
4. A Victory Of Love
5. Sounds Like A Melody
6. I’ll Die For You Today
7. Around The Universe
8. Jerusalem
9. Song 4 No 1 But Myself
10. Questions Of Happiness
11. Golden Feeling
12. My Very Blood
13. Big In Japan
14. Jet Set
15. Forever Young

Part 2

16. Apollo

Part 3

17. Dance With Me [Piano Version]

Video:

Photogallery:

http://www.alphaville.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=65

Jeder geht allein
Jeder für sich
Auf seinem Weg nach Alphaville.

Peter “Krapplund” Krappinger
New Horizons co-leader Sweden

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Last edited by wii; 08 May 2008 at 08:52.
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2008, 08:55   #2
wii
Dream Master

Thanks Peter, I will have the Gallery ready today
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2008, 12:14   #3
*ariAna*
maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krapplund View Post
And what to say, the next highlight was so great, that tears could flow. Like last song did they perform the piano version of “Dance With Me” and it was unimaginable sumptuous. At the end of the song Marian Gold get down on his knee in front of Martin Lister, what a great gesture made by Marian. A powerfully moment at one great concert and evening, that will be in my memory for a very long time.
OMG, how I wish I could have been there!!!
I'm listening to that you tube file all the time and although it has a quite bad quality this performance gives me goose bumps.

Thanks for your report, Peter!

G - O! Let's go!
*ariAna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2008, 12:19   #4
poul e
Dream Keeper

Great work Peter!!! Thank you!
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2008, 12:47   #5
*ariAna*
maniac

okay, see if it works ....

*and still listening to that wonderful file*
Not a glimpse of a chance for the three new songs on moonbase at the moment!

G - O! Let's go!
Old 08 May 2008, 12:48   #6
*ariAna*
maniac

Fine, everything okay! :)

G - O! Let's go!
Old 08 May 2008, 12:49   #7
wii
Dream Master

Cool, gallery online later, I´m too busy right now.
Old 08 May 2008, 12:59   #8
*ariAna*
maniac

I have a question to all the german speaking people here (and especially to the concert visitors):
I can't get all of what Marian's says at the beginning. It's about some old songs and a new tour programme. So, will they continue playing this piano version in the future or won't they? If I understood it right, they won't. What a pity! I can't believe ist. Maybe that's because you can hear some people hooting after his words? *again in need of a question smiley and naging about it*

G - O! Let's go!
Old 08 May 2008, 15:03   #9
wii
Dream Master

53 pictures uploaded - thanks Peter, if anyone has more, please PM me.
Old 08 May 2008, 15:13   #10
*ariAna*
maniac

Great pictures!!! [spin]

G - O! Let's go!