Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 17 Apr 2017, 16:43   #61
nicole
Dreamer

That's what the person on the phone said as well. They have to finalize the venue and once that is done (which should be by the end of this week) AV will announce it. Once AV posts it on Facebook and their website, then I'll become even more excited! I don't want to get my hopes up just yet..but it's kind of hard not to!

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2017, 17:08   #62
andrewbw
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole View Post
I just called and found out that AV will be playing in Chicago!! It's not finalized just yet, but by the end of this week, they will announce it! I will definitely be going to this show! There was no other news if there were any more locations in the US they were going to play.
Aww, that's great news for you! I used to live in Wisconsin so I saw a lot of great shows in Chicago over the years. Curious what venue they will choose.

Given the high ticket prices, and the size of the venues they're choosing, I suspect they may not add too many additional shows. They've effectively covered most of the US by hitting both coasts, and now two shows in the "middle." I think they're going to rely on people traveling (like me) to whichever venue is closest in order to fill seats.

I could see them adding a show in the Southeast, however. Perhaps Atlanta, or even Florida (just speculating).
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2017, 17:12   #63
mdeconno
Dreamer

Just a running tally, give or take one or two seats.
Total seats taken (tickets purchased or venue holds):

San Jose, CA = 500 seats filled - tickets on sale 4/7/17

Los Angeles, CA = 365 seats filled (no way to know the tally of the grassy area behind the seating area) - tickets on sale 4/7/17

New York, NY = 165 - tickets on sale 4/15/17

Still no word on Houston...

Quote:
That's what the person on the phone said as well. They have to finalize the venue and once that is done (which should be by the end of this week) AV will announce it. Once AV posts it on Facebook and their website, then I'll become even more excited! I don't want to get my hopes up just yet..but it's kind of hard not to!
mdeconno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2017, 17:16   #64
andrewbw
Dreamer

500 in San Jose already! That's awesome. I'm pretty sure the capacity of the San Jose venue is ~2800, so that's a good start.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 17:22   #65
nicole
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbw View Post
Aww, that's great news for you! I used to live in Wisconsin so I saw a lot of great shows in Chicago over the years. Curious what venue they will choose.

Given the high ticket prices, and the size of the venues they're choosing, I suspect they may not add too many additional shows. They've effectively covered most of the US by hitting both coasts, and now two shows in the "middle." I think they're going to rely on people traveling (like me) to whichever venue is closest in order to fill seats.

I could see them adding a show in the Southeast, however. Perhaps Atlanta, or even Florida (just speculating).
Thank you so much!! I am quite curious as well too see what venue they will choose. And I also agree on the other locations they will be at. This is their first appearance in the US since 1999, and that was only in Salt Lake City, I believe. So this US tour is going to be huge for them so I can definitely see more shows getting booked all around the US.

Old 17 Apr 2017, 17:35   #66
nicole
Dreamer

There's a venue about 20 mins where I live. They always have live bands there. That would be something if AVs show would be there!

Old 17 Apr 2017, 18:38   #67
mdeconno
Dreamer

Actually, there was one free evening impromptu concert in outside an SLC restaurant (it turned out to be the full setlist and a snippet of it can be found in the extra features section of the "Little America" DVD) followed by the two concerts in the days after (the final one was videotaped for the DVD). Three days of Alphaville!

Then, it was followed by an unplugged SLC concert in 2001 (they were finalizing the DVD).

Total of 4 concerts between 1999 and 2001.

Quote:
Thank you so much!! I am quite curious as well too see what venue they will choose. And I also agree on the other locations they will be at. This is their first appearance in the US since 1999, and that was only in Salt Lake City, I believe. So this US tour is going to be huge for them so I can definitely see more shows getting booked all around the US.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 18:39   #68
nicole
Dreamer

Oh wow! I had no idea about that! Thanks for the great info!

Old 17 Apr 2017, 18:43   #69
andrewbw
Dreamer

SLC was such a funny choice. I've been there—it's a beautiful city, but it's not very big, and there's literally nothing in any direction for hundreds of miles but gorgeous canyon lands, the salt flats, high desert, and multiple mountain ranges. It's right in the heart of the mountain west of the United States, with lots of land and very few people. High concentration of Alphaville fans, I guess, or maybe the promoter was just hell bent on bringing Alphaville to the US and told them to name their price.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 18:52   #70
mdeconno
Dreamer

And his name is Brady Harper...who was also responsible for the creation of the DVD.

Him and his wife will be joining me and my wife in Los Angeles :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbw View Post
SLC was such a funny choice. I've been there—it's a beautiful city, but it's not very big, and there's literally nothing in any direction for hundreds of miles but gorgeous canyon lands, the salt flats, high desert, and multiple mountain ranges. It's right in the heart of the mountain west of the United States, with lots of land and very few people. High concentration of Alphaville fans, I guess, or maybe the promoter was just hell bent on bringing Alphaville to the US and told them to name their price.