Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 13 Apr 2016, 21:45   #821
nicole
Dreamer

This whole situation is definitely a matter of opinion. I agree with all of you and disagree with some parts as well. I think all we have to do is just wait and be patient unfortunately. There's nothing we can do about it. I personally don't care what songs sound well with others, etc. but Alphaville does, so with that being said its just all up to AV when this album gets released. We can complain and be inpatient (which I tend to be) but that isn't going to make the album come out faster. In the meantime, we can just keep listening to their other songs until the album comes out. No one knows when it's coming out and frankly I don't think AV knows as well but all we can do is wait (impatiently, for some, including me)

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 21:53   #822
tjommen
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Whats the problem to give the fans some info even if the news is less good
tjommen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 22:03   #823
nicole
Dreamer

I don't think there's a problem with keeping fans updated. I never did. In fact, I feel AV should give us some kind of news. But if they wont, no matter what, we just have to wait unfortunately. Its out of our control.

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 22:05   #824
poul e
Dream Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjommen View Post
Whats the problem to give the fans some info even if the news is less good
Exactly! Some news are better than no news!!!
If there were frequent news about AV then more fans would hang on and stay hardcorefans..
Perhaps the band would even (unintentionally) put more pressure on themselves to release new stuff more often just to "keep it interesting"....one thing lead to another...
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 22:12   #825
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poul e View Post
In my opinion I'd rather Alphaville released new music more often than wait for them to have 10-14 songs who they think fit perfectly together. Not every fan can afford to travel around the world to go to concerts so the most important for most of these fans are the release of new songs....or at least news about something other than concerts on the other side of the world. I think AV are losing lots of this type of fans all the time simply by not releasing any new material....they lose interest in a band who does not seem interested in them...

I know it's critical but I also know that I'm not the only fan who feel this way....
Well this was very good written and nearly exactly my thoughts to about this(thanx)
This was what I was trying to express yesterday,when I wrote that 4 years delay was a disaster etc(but it didnt come out as good as your Words)

I Think there are a lot of lost good songs by not releasing studio stuff
Criminal Girl
Question of happiness
Gallery
My very blood

just to mention a few
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2016, 12:56   #826
poul e
Dream Keeper

Of course it's out of our control. But I still think it's ok for fans to be critical....

For me....Alphaville have turned into a live band....in my opinion it's a dangerous way to go....they risk ending up being "that 80s band who had hits with BIJ and FY" and losing most of their hardcorefans...

"Just give us some news that hasn't got anything to do with concerts....that's the least you can do!!!"
Old 14 Apr 2016, 14:00   #827
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poul e View Post
Of course it's out of our control. But I still think it's ok for fans to be critical....

For me....Alphaville have turned into a live band....in my opinion it's a dangerous way to go....they risk ending up being "that 80s band who had hits with BIJ and FY" and losing most of their hardcorefans...

"Just give us some news that hasn't got anything to do with concerts....that's the least you can do!!!"
Of course its OK to be critical.
Concerts doesnt interest me at all anymore because its the same setlist as Always.
Why cant AV do like other bands release an album and then go on tour.
I would love to see a Concert with the new songs
Old 14 Apr 2016, 14:12   #828
wii
Dream Master

Yeah, I agree with most of the points here...

Not sure about this, but I believe that concerts makes more money than albums, but Marian has always said that Alphaville is not about money, but about music :) but of course Alphaville is also a business so maybe it's a compromise, we will probably never know, we can only be patient and wait
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2016, 14:54   #829
poul e
Dream Keeper

I also think concerts makes more money than song releases....
If the reason is music more than money I think it's a contradiction to be touring much more than releasing new songs....
And I'm npt saying that AV should stop touring at all....I just think it should be possible both to do concerts and release new songs regularly....
Old 19 Apr 2016, 10:58   #830
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

[I just think it should be possible both to do concerts and release new songs regularly....[/QUOTE]

That should definately be possible for any band...

After Strange attractor is released,I Think AV should consider release EP:s
instead of album if its so hard to set 10-14 songs together.
In that case we should have something to look forward to instead of nothing
Last edited by hajak; 19 Apr 2016 at 11:04.