Closed Thread

Old 10 May 2010, 21:48   #11
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Original German

Wednesday 5th May 2010

Liebe Stella,

Sebastian hat einen sehr wichtigen Beitrag zum kommenden Album geleistet. In der aktuellen, vorletzten Produktionsphase liegt der Schwerpunkt allerdings wieder mehr auf der Band, da wir jetzt, vor dem Mischen der Tracks, alle Live-Overdubs aufnehmen werden, also alle live gespielten Instrumente (Synths/Martin, Gitarren/Dave und Drums/Jacob, sowie alle noch fehlenden Lead- und Backingvocals) . Und für zwei Stücke muß ich bzw Martin noch Texte schreiben.

Wir wissen auch noch nicht genau, welche Titel konkret auf dem Album sein werden, das wird sich letztendlich erst nach dem Abmischen entscheiden. Ich hab Sebastian übrigens gestern von Johannesburg aus angeskypt. Er steckt mitten in den Tourvorbereitungen mit seiner eigenen Band in Edmonton und wird in den nächsten Wochen in Kanada und den Staaten unterwegs sein. Ich hoffe, ihn zur Release des neuen Albums nach Europa rüberholen zu können, wenn seine Termine es zulassen.

Was den Produzenten angeht, den wir für die Schlußphase der Produktion engagieren wollen, so werde ich mehr dazu sagen können, sobald ich aus Südafrika zurück bin. Im Moment sind wir in Kapstadt und werden heute zusammen mit Spandau Ballett auftreten. Was die Liveshows in Deutschland betrifft, sind einige Termine für den Sommer in Vorbereitung, über die Euch Claudia unds Moonbaserl auf dem laufenden halten werden, sobald eine definitve Bestätigung von Seiten der Veranstalter vorliegt. Ne richtige Tournee mit neuem Programm wird es dann zur Release des Albums geben, also schätzungsweise im Herbst.

Das wärs fürs erste. Martin klopft an der Tür, ich muß jetzt los, noch ein paar Souvenirs für die Kinder kaufen und mir n paar Trainers für den Auftritt heut abend. Die geilen Cowboystiefel, die ich in Johannesburg auf der Bühne anhatte waren arschglatt wegen der nagelneuen Ledersohle und ein paar Mal hats mich fast hingesenst.

Leider ist das Wetter nicht sooo toll, weil hier grad der Herbst angebrochen ist und alles in dichten Nebel hüllt. Macht aber nix, ist trotzdem cool, die Jungs von Spandau zu treffen und Kapstadt zu rocken.

Viele Grüße von unterhalb des Äquators

Marian

English Translation

Sebastian has made a very important contribution to the forthcoming album. In the current, last but one production phase the focus is once more on the band, as we are now, before mixing the tracks, adding all live overdubs and all live instruments (synths / Martin, guitar / Dave and Drums / Jacob and all the remaining lead and backing vocals). And for two pieces Martin and I still have to write the texts.

We don't yet know exactly which songs will actually be on the album, that will ultimately be decided after the mixing. By the way, yesterday I Skyped with Sebastian from Johannesburg. He is in the midst of the tour arrangements with his own band in Edmonton and will be in Canada and the States on the road in the next few weeks. I hope to get him over for the release of the new album, if his schedule allows.

As producers, we want to commit to the final stage of production, so I'll be able to say more once I'm back from South Africa. At the moment we are in Cape Town and today we are going to meet up with Spandau Ballet. As for the live shows in Germany, there are some dates for the summer in preparation, about which Claudia will keep you up to date through Moonbase, as soon as these are defintely confirmed by the event organisers. There will be a real tour upon the release of the album, which is estimated to be in the autumn.

That's it for now. Martin is knocking on the door. I must go now, buy a few souvenirs for the kids and me some trainers for the gig tonight. The horny cowboy boots that I wore in Johannesburg on the stage were dead slippy because of the brand new leather soles and a couple of times I almost fell on my arse (translator's licence!).

Unfortunately the weather is not great, because here autumn has already arrived and all wrapped in thick fog. Don't worry, it is still cool to meet the boys from Spandau and to rock Cape Town.

Marian

Source: The German Mailinglist

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Last edited by Krapplund; 11 May 2010 at 10:21.
Old 04 Jun 2010, 16:16   #12
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

June 03, 2010: Lunapark, Berlin

DEAR FRIENDS,

thank you, thank you, thank you so very much for all your lovely birthday wishes.
There were so many this year coming in through all possible channels, wow!
I am amazed and overwhelmed.

And I love you all!

Eternally Yours
Marian Gold

Source: Moonbase

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 03 Aug 2011, 21:10   #13
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Original German

Wednesday 3th Aug 2011

Strange Attractor

Wir werden keine dritte Single von GIANT auskoppeln. Es wird aber noch jede Menge Konzerte in diesem Jahr geben, wo man fast alle Stücke von unserem aktuellen Album live erleben kann. Im übrigen arbeiten wir bereits an der Produktion für ein neues Album, welches, man höre und staune, definitiv nächstes Jahr erscheinen wird. Wenn wir vor Juli 2012 damit rauskommen sollten, würden wir sogar den Rekord von AFTERNOONS unterbieten, das ist m. E. das nach FOREVER YOUNG bislang am schnellsten veröffentlichte Album, s. u.

1984 10 Forever Young
20 Monate
1986 06 Afternoons In Utopia
33 Monate
1989 03 The Breathtaking Blue
66 Monate
1994 09 Prostitute
36 Monate
1997 09 Salvation
66 Monate
2003 03 CrazyShow
92 Monate
2010 11 Catching Rays On Giant
20 Monate??
2012 07 Strange Attractor

Ob uns das gelingen wird, kann ich allerdings nicht mit Bestimmtheit sagen. Wahrscheinlicher ist ne Release im Herbst. Aber noch ist nicht aller Tage Abend. Wir haben schon jetzt jede Menge abgefahrene Musik für das nächste Werk und jeden Monat kommen neue, supergeile Nummern dazu. Mehr dazu später.

Beste Grüße aus Alphaville
Marian

English Translation

Strange Attractor

We will not release a third single from GIANT. However, there will still be plenty of concerts this year where you can experience almost all the songs from our current album live. Besides that, we are already working on the production of a new album which will, you will be amazed to hear, definitely be released next year. If it should be released before July 2012, we will with that break the record of AFTERNOONS, which is, I think, after FOREVER YOUNG by far the fastest-released album. See below:

1984 10 Forever Young
20 months
06 1986 Afternoons In Utopia
33 months
1989 03 The Breathtaking Blue
66 months
1994 09 Prostitute
36 months
1997 09 Salvation
66 months
2003 03 crazy show
92 months
2010 11 Catching Rays On Giant
20 months?
2012 07 Strange Attractor

Whether this will happen for us, I cannot say with certainty. The release is likely to be autumn. But it's not over until the fat lady sings. We already have a lot of cool music planned for the next album and every month we keep adding more super cool numbers to those. More on that later.

Best regards from Alphaville
Marian

Source: The German Mailinglist

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Last edited by Krapplund; 04 Aug 2011 at 08:26.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 16:47   #14
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Monday 11th June 2012:

Dear friends, firstly I'd like to thank you all for your numerous birthday wishes.
Maybe I will see some of you on one of our prospective concerts where we hopefully will introduce you to some of our new songs from the upcoming album. The production is in good progress, next week we start rehearsing the material for the album with our ingenious Swedish producer Ludwig Bösse. Release date still is September this year, believe it or not :-)

Best wishes from the summer in Berlin Marian Gold

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 01 Sep 2012, 20:14   #15
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Sep 1, 2012 7:40

Hi Daniel and everybody else from this list,
in fact 'London Sky' is not planned to be on the album. We got so much new
material and we don't intend to produce a monster release in terms of playing
time.
LS is a track that Marty and me wrote way back in 2004. I liked it first, then i
hated it and now love it again. So maybe it finds its way on 'Strange Attractor'
eventually.

Am in my hotel at the mo, waiting for the start of tonight's show. Still 6 hours
to go and, hey, got some time to write.
What can I say, hm... First the bad news: no album this year. Although Universal
confirmed the release for September 2012 they changed their minds owing to too
many releases in autumn. Only thing I can say is it wasn't up to us this time.

Good news is that we're all in writing mode and lots of new tracks will be
created due to the delay. As a result the spectrum of songs to choose from will
be much, much wider. As for the album, 'Strange Attractor' still is the working
title (just as it was once when we began writing 'Prostitute'). As a producer we
found Ludwig Bösse. He's a Swedish guy from Malmö, musically he belongs to the
indie department and fits perfectly to our conception of the upcoming album.

As for the songs they represent a great area of topics: few are autobiographical
('House of Ghosts', 'Sexyland'), some derive from poems written during the last
seven years ('The Wine of Astonishment', 'Marionettes with Halos'). Also Martin
contributed to the lyrics, especially to a song called 'Heartbreak City'. I
found an old short story of mine, 'Cephren's Barge', which led to a song titled
'Mafia Island', my fav track at the moment. Then there is music we did not use
for Giant because it didn't seem to fit stylistically: 'A handful of Darkness',
'Enigma', 'The Lions will never die', 'Over the Hills', 'London Sky', just to
name a few. Impossible to put all of that on one single album. Perhaps it's
about time to upload a new Dreamscape or to put some snippets at our website.

Well, that's it so far, folks.
Hope this mail finds you all well, wherever you are.

Love
Marian

Source: The Mailinglist

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 07 Jun 2015, 12:47   #16
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Jun 7, 2015 13:45

Dear friends of Alphaville,
last week I celebrated my 61st birthday and, gosh, there were many good reasons for celebration.
Celebration for my family and my children. Celebration for the coolest bandmates in the universe. Celebration for all of you, the fans of Alphaville.
So many paths, so many cossroads, so many lives. So many songs we haven't yet played. You guys brought me here to this place through time and space. You helped to fuel this dream machine, this wonderful and strange vehicle called Alphaville. Thank you for the past, thank you for the future.
See you somewhere on our journey.

À bientôt!
Marian Gold

Source: Alphaville@facebook

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Closed Thread