Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 24 Mar 2003, 00:42   #81
russharvey
Dream Keeper

Hmmmm..... fascinating how nobody seems to find Saddam at fault in any of this? If he had done what the UN demanded over 12 years ago we all would be talking about something else that is for sure.

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2003, 02:26   #82
boblinda
Dreamer

I totally disagree....It's about world domination of the US nothing else...and oil is one factor...Luckily the Netherlands are showing their best in politics again (not). It seems that 'we' are politically supporting it, but military absolutely not. Now THIS is what I call diplomatic!! [eyebrows]

I\'m dancing on the roof of your mind...
boblinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2003, 03:05   #83
russharvey
Dream Keeper

hehe.... well, you are entitled to your opinions that is for sure, nobody can take that from you - but I think some people in the world have overlooked that their was a UN resolution and only two countries didn't approve of the actions necessary to bring those resolutions to fruition. The rest of the countries are on board (most politically and a few militarily) with this and even now France admits that Hussein has chemical weapons - but they are still against the war. I just find it odd that only two countries voted no and its somehow about the US trying to rule the world?

I respectfully disagree with your disagreement (hehe... did that make sense?)

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
Old 24 Mar 2003, 06:10   #84
boblinda
Dreamer

Why didn't they interfere with a lot of African and Asian wars, then Russ? Can you explain that to me?

Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:24   #85
Bernhard Lloyd
Bell II

jonatan wrote:"You cannot demonstrate against violence by using violence."

i absolutely agree, and this should count for bush and blair and everybody else who is involved as well.
violence and war is never justified, it just shows that you are helpless if you are using it.

terrorism is the war of the poor
war is the terrorism of the rich

who is innocent?...who is entitled to judge between good and evil?

bernhard lloyd
+0:-)
http://www.atlanticpopes.de
everybody is a pope......
Bernhard Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2003, 13:04   #86
russharvey
Dream Keeper

@boblinda - Afrika or Asia never came onto American soil (except for Pearl Harbor and look at the mess that caused) and murdered innocent people in such a violent manner as 9/11 - maybe that is at the root of this war with terrorism and its proponents. We were involved to some extent in Somalia at one point if I do recall but you have somewhat of a valid point that I made earlier on this list. Which wars are justified as some of them the UN approves of and others they do not? If you are asking me to explain why one nation does what it does in one area vs another or how the UN really works - I cannot explain it, nor do I completely understand it.

@Bernhard - I respect your position and how you came to it (You know that I have the deepest respect and admiration for you - I did read your post on the mailinglist) but I do not necessarily agree with it. If NO war was ever justified, then I would still be paying taxes to the Queen of England. I am not saying you are wrong in your beliefs - just that I do not agree or feel the same way about things as you do. I do agree however that war is NOT always the best answer and should really only be the LAST resort when all other attempts at diplomacy fail. I would be completely against anyone who thought that WAR should always be the first option!

Earlier on this topic I asked the question if not violence, then what is the answer? Some of you are saying violence is weakness, that NO war is ever justified - but how long (12 years) do you just talk about these things and do nothing???? What do you do instead? Please tell me?

Again - I think the entire UN is unified on the problems not just the solution but I cannot get anyone to tell me what we should be doing instead? I guess it really doesn't matter anyway as its too late for other solutions, so I just sit and watch the horrible event on the television and hope that its over soon without too many innocent people dying.

Old 24 Mar 2003, 21:57   #87
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

ok. I'm tired of reading all the comments about it. I'm tired of watching different pictures on different TV channels. I'm tired of getting different news from different news programs. So... from this point I don't believe anyone at all (hmm... anyway I never believed politicians)

Yestereday I read ALL messages in digests from mailing-list. In the beginning I was annoyed with them but in the end I laughed at lot. Because all this discussion turned to some kind of marasm. And now I realise how funny my comments look here.

And after all I posted them because I wanted to contradict. Well... you know when for many many years you have argues every day and then you suddenly don't have anyone to argue with... Make notes for yourself that Alien has gone crazy and don't pay attention to her comments in this topic.

If I post here again that means my worst side took control of me again [smile2]

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2003, 22:25   #88
Jonatan
Arranged in White

One thing I can't understand is that media count deaths of civilians seperately from deaths of soldiers...isn't a soldier's life worth as much as anyone else's?

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2003, 23:40   #89
Agnes
Dreamer

@Jonatan: Remembering back the bombing of Yugoslavia, some politicians said that the death of the civil population during bombings is just a so-called "additional damage".

*** Say GOURANGA, and be happy! ***
Agnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2003, 04:11   #90
boblinda
Dreamer

Don't you think it's kind of funny that the US are NOT targeting the IRAQI Tv stations? It should be one of their first targets strategically, shouldn't it? Does the US government have a contract with CNN, I wonder....[eyebrows]