Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 15 Sep 2012, 17:51   #241
JaJaJa
Rebel Dreamer

Pekurovsky, I think I got your views, but I cannot join speculating on the band's aims - it is too much theory for me.

I find the current success of AV in connection to Universal remarkable - specially for nowadays. I still wish they would have had much more sales of course.

Sales is not everything. And I certainly haven't denied around how less I like CROG.

As for the new gain of fans: Remember there are millions of people listening to music they love without being any active in such fields. That's okay.
I AM glad that I registered here very long ago, I met lots of people, many important friendships emerged.
I still refuse to be a fan, to do big worship rituals and other things fans seem to have to do.
There are a thousand bands I love. And I bought all of their records. I hit the web to get news, to find information, sometimes I even register somewhere - but I am not an active fan anywhere. Why should I?
So I am sure, there are new or old AV-buyers thinking a similar way.

Pressure: I state that there is no single band on this planet that some time had sold more than 100 000 copies, that doesn't feel pressure about their new releases. Much less when in a contract to a major label!

Между нами дураками естъ один большой дурак.
Раз, два, три - Это верно ты!
JaJaJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2012, 18:56   #242
jetset
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaJaJa View Post
but I am not an active fan anywhere.
Come on, 11.020 posts can't be wrong [star] <= a star smiley, why not ?

Totally agreeing on the friendship part .

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2012, 19:40   #243
pekurovsky
Keeping On Dancing

JaJaJa, I personally dislike what the word 'fan' is originally supposed to mean, and as a rule I try to avoid using this word - BUT! - in a context of English language we are somehow left without options. Despite original meaning of the word 'fan', now it is just a common term for a human being that is the the part of auditory of the band's creations. Those who do worship rituals and etc. are absolutely another story and I certainly wasn't referring to them speaking of fan gaining. Thus I have no idea what do all mentioned things have to do with the matter of discussion.

When band becomes more popular - more social buzz is automatically created and you can see it whether you are a permanent Internet user, seeking for new music releases every day, or you just turn on music channel on TV from time to time. And that's what hasn't happened with AV, even with major label, even with 90 000 copies sold. Thus, no new auditory outbreak. Is that REALLY a success? That was the point of discussion all the time.

As to 'speculating' on band's aims - you shouldn't substitute general discussion with speculating, otherwise, what is this forum for? If one faces accusation on being speculative whilst just trying to express his thoughts and have some friendly discussion in an area he used to consider loyal - then I certainly have to reset my notions of both loyalty and how simple topics should be to be considered non-speculative.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
[jump1]
Last edited by Krapplund; 17 Sep 2012 at 16:20.
pekurovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2012, 14:16   #244
JaJaJa
Rebel Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset View Post
Come on, 11.020 posts can't be wrong [star] <= a star smiley, why not ?
Don't forget "What are you listening to" and "Word/Sentence Association Game"....![smile2]

Old 17 Sep 2012, 14:22   #245
JaJaJa
Rebel Dreamer

Pekurovsky, perhaps we are at cross-purposes. As I talked beside the matters of discussion, it seems proved enough.

Btw. My name around ist JaJaJa. Could you please edit your post? Thanx.