Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 28 Oct 2009, 14:36   #1
Mozartkugel
Dreamer

No remaster of Forever Young ?

How come there's no remastered version of the legendary masterpiece album Forever Young? I've been enjoying remastered versions of some of my other favourite artists, since they seem to be able to raise the sound quality on some recordings greatly now a days.

Every other month I get really excited "I'm sure they've released a remaster of it now" and check their site but no.. I just can't believe it! Wouldn't it be a great release for Alphavilles 25 year anniversary?

And I'm of course talking about a remaster of the original which would preserve the cool "analog" sound of the original but in higher quality, not a slight remix like the version of "A Victory of Love" on First Harvest.

After several years of waiting i finally registered here to ask if you more active Alphaville fans have got any clues about a Forever Young remaster?

Cheers, Mozartkugel ^^
Mozartkugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2009, 16:04   #2
JaJaJa
Rebel Dreamer

Welcome to the forum, Mozartkugel!
We've discussed that many times around here, so you will find a lot about it in the forum.
Actually remasters of the first three albums makes most sense at the moment of a new
release. Since this obviously will happen soon, it's probable that remastered versions will
be released too then.

Между нами дураками естъ один большой дурак.
Раз, два, три - Это верно ты!
JaJaJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2009, 21:41   #3
poul e
Dream Keeper

I'm afraid I don't share your hope there JaJaJa....I think the possibility of remastered versions of the early Alphaville dissapeared with the lost WEA deal...
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2009, 21:59   #4
davidhorizon
Antilles

Yeah. I agree with poul. When I first met Bernd in 96 he talked about getting FY remastered. It hasn't happened yet and I'm afraid it will never happen.
davidhorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2009, 22:18   #5
JaJaJa
Rebel Dreamer

I understand your pessimism, but I still emphatically disagree, because Warner certainly will join with
FY and AIU at least in case of a worldwide new AV release, like every record company would do, provided they have the rights.

Old 28 Oct 2009, 22:41   #6
wii
Dream Master

Hmm, not sure about this, 25th anniversary is this year, but we haven't seen it yet, so I doubt it, but it would be nice for sure
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2009, 06:45   #7
poul e
Dream Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaJaJa View Post
I understand your pessimism, but I still emphatically disagree, because Warner certainly will join with
FY and AIU at least in case of a worldwide new AV release, like every record company would do, provided they have the rights.
Perhaps Warner could earn some money on releasing remastered versions of the early Alphaville, but at the same time they would need to collaborate with Alphaville for the release(s) and they would help Alphaville by releasing old stuff at the same time as they release new stuff....and why would they want to do that when Alphaville broke off a new deal with them????
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2009, 19:27   #8
JaJaJa
Rebel Dreamer

Do you know AV broke off a new deal? Perhaps both side just couldn't come to an agreement.
And if AV releases and Warner re-releases at the same time, both of them would profit by.
It's not unusual, far from it!

Besides it could be possible someone but Warner meanwhile possesses the rights of the AV backcatalogue... But it's all speculation. Hardly one of us will know until a release.

Old 29 Oct 2009, 19:43   #9
navigator
astral body

I think (hope) that AV will see remastered versions released when Warner decide to also release A-ha remastered versions.

So far there is also nothing for A-ha... And they celebrate 25 years next year.

Now Duran Duran and Pet Shop Boys (EMI / Paralphone) and Depeche Mode and Erasure (Mute/Reprise) is luckily a different story!

Lets hope Warner wakes up from their slumber and start releasing remastered and expanded versions of AV (and A-ha) early releases.

Some are a melody and some are the beat...
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2009, 21:09   #10
pekurovsky
Keeping On Dancing

Doubt that. Doubt that. Doubt that... Did I say that I doubt that?
For every release there must be a buyer, preferably, many of them. As to AV remasters... You would buy that, I would buy that, and a friend of the girl from next street would buy that. But that won't convience a major label to release a remaster.
That is a poor destiny of AV fan - to be a member of limited human kind. Unlike we have in all of the mentioned above bands' situation.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
[jump1]
pekurovsky is offline   Reply With Quote