Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 14 Aug 2017, 23:50   #81
hikanteki
Dreamer

Thanks Nicole and Andrew! :)

Yeah, I agree it was a gamble to play the US and I hope it paid off for them. For a split second I thought the minimum $55 price was steep (although, to be fair, service fees were only $3 whereas for other shows they can be up to $20 or higher...so that probably evened things out a bit) but then I realized, this is the first and possibly only chance to see them in the US.

I was reminded of when I missed out on Simple Minds on their limited 2013 tour (their first time back in the US since 2002). Their only west coast show was in LA and I didn't want to worry about travel/hotel...and then later, I saw their playlist, and read reviews of how awesome their show was, and regretted not going. I couldn't let that happen with Alphaville, especially with them being in my backyard!

Salt Lake City does seem like an odd place for their only US performance before this, let alone their only 3 US performances. SLC is beautiful and a nice central location, but it's just not that populated. Most likely, a big Alphaville fan with a lot of money lives there... (since there seems to be a lot of that in Utah!)
hikanteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2017, 00:28   #82
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

The Chicago theater was actually quite filled. A LOT of people! It killed me inside when I saw a guy walk up to the front row seats and he sat down.. haha I wanted to punch him (not really. lol). I heard the front row tickets were rather pricey.
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2017, 01:40   #83
nicole
Dreamer

The front row tickets were $150!! I paid $95 to be on the main floor, but way in the back. I thought my seats were going to be better for the amount of money they were. During the show, I had a man come up to us and offer his front row seat because he had said he couldn't hear Marian very well. I did want to take him up on that offer but it was only one seat and I didn't want to leave my friend alone. Now thinking though I could have just went down to his seat, take a few pics/videos and then come back, but I didn't. The man stood in the aisle, right next to us the whole time.

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2017, 02:01   #84
hikanteki
Dreamer

In San Jose they were (I think) $55 to $150 with a few limited view seats being sold for $50. Front row seats were $150 and the back of the main floor was $60. All balcony seats were $55. The Civic isn't that big, and has a decent setup, so there really weren't any bad seats. I snatched up the most front middle balcony seat as soon as they went on sale.

At the beginning of August, I was a little irritated to see that the promoters offered a 50% off code. I know it was to encourage sales but many had already bought their tickets. Oh well. At least those who paid full price got their first pick.

EDITED to correct pricing. (I had incorrectly listed the high end pricing at $100 rather than $150)
Last edited by hikanteki; 15 Aug 2017 at 19:25.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 02:04   #85
nicole
Dreamer

Oh wow! Those prices are a lot more reasonable! And I think the promoters did that on purpose-knowing most people had already purchased their tickets and then offering that code last minute! That is a great offer though!

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2017, 02:52   #86
andrewbw
Dreamer

Your prices are a little off for the SJ show; the very front row was $150. I was in row 5, center section. Our tickets were $130 each, as were all of the floor/center seats, back to the sound board. They were cheaper behind that, and on stage left/right, but not by much. Down to $100, I think. Balcony was $55, I seem to remember. But then again, I bought our tickets a week after they went on sale. Depending on sales, the promoter may have started adjusting pricing as time went on.
Last edited by andrewbw; 15 Aug 2017 at 02:54.
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2017, 19:21   #87
hikanteki
Dreamer

Thanks for the correction. Since you paid $130 and looked up front row tickets, I obviously believe you more than me. ;) I just pulled the $100 figure by looking at the high end price on this link: http://www.itsmyseat.com/events/703380.html but you are right, it may have changed since you bought it or maybe they just sold out of the front few rows. (The $35 low end price, was not for tickets but for some sort of merch, T-shirts maybe? They were $40 at the show.) Balcony was indeed $55 which is what I paid and the back section of the main floor was $60. (That I am sure on, since I remember almost buying a seat there since it was only $5 more than the balcony...but then I ended up getting the balcony ticket, because I thought my view would not be blocked at all from the front row of the balcony.)
Old 15 Aug 2017, 19:30   #88
andrewbw
Dreamer

...all that being said, I think we can agree: Not a cheap show. But totally worth it. :D
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2017, 13:23   #89
mdeconno
Dreamer

Pre-Show sustenance in Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole View Post
That's a great picture! I wish I saw that!

@ Andrew- And yes, I'd love to see your photos and videos!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20170812_19_07_33_Pro[1].jpg‎
Views:	120
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	2180  
mdeconno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2017, 14:34   #90
AmberVonAvalon
Dreamer

The show in Burbank was much more packed than the San Jose show. Energy was good at both but maybe more lively where I was sitting at the Burbank show.

I took videos both nights. Here's a link to one so if you want to see the others you can just click on my YouTube profile for the list:

https://youtu.be/kC72pM3EgU8

Now the party's over, I'm so tired ~ Then I see you coming out of nowhere
Much communication in a motion ~ Without conversation or a notion
Avalon
AmberVonAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote