Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 23 Mar 2019, 02:52   #131
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Ah, yeah. FLAC does have level 1-8 compression options. One of these days I'd love to read how FLAC compression even works... I personally prefer WAV over FLAC since the filesize difference isn't enough for me to justify using them (usually a few MB difference)
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2019, 07:31   #132
Ana
Dreamer

Mart,I haven't listenend to all the cd's or dvd's even.When I do,I'lltell
Ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2019, 14:47   #133
Mart
Dreamer

OK. The whole remastered discs are up on Youtube for over a week now

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2019, 15:13   #134
Halfnelson
Waiter

So, really happy with this release. So far didn't came across any malfunctions. As far as my laptop can tell the sound is great. I found calling the short speed version of FY 'version rapide' a nice touch instead of 'new single mix' as it is more well known.
Nothing too special with the documentary but I liked it, especially the inputs of original producer & earing Bernd playing single parts of songs.

As it's more easy to critisize than praise, the only thing I would have done differently is skip 'Colours' & 'Romance' and replace them with 'Iron Gate' & 'Carol Masters' without the new vocals. 'Colours' was remixed so much in 1998 that parts of it sounds late nineties - fine in DS context but strange in this one ('Le Tone - Joli Dragon - 1998' came to mind for some reasons).
One mistake is the printed duration of 'Jet Set' video, 4:23 instead of 3:50. Surely a nice allusion to my birthday (or maybe it was a confusion with the lenght of 'Red Rose' single, who knows).
Obviously the original videos 'tapes' were nowhere to be found, it looks like youtube transfers color saturated (my eyes where bleeding after SLAM). And why SLAM is only 3:31? Still happy to have these in DVD format.
Booklett is very nice but I miss the original lyrics inlay, something it seems the viny-only edition have.

All in all I'm delighted with this near perfect release! A dream comes true for competists. So thank you very much AV for a job well done.

ps for no one but myself: hey the 47th track is the one featuring 'Alphaville' in the lyrics.

Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2019, 12:51   #135
humanracer
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfnelson View Post
So, really happy with this release. So far didn't came across any malfunctions. As far as my laptop can tell the sound is great. I found calling the short speed version of FY 'version rapide' a nice touch instead of 'new single mix' as it is more well known.
Nothing too special with the documentary but I liked it, especially the inputs of original producer & earing Bernd playing single parts of songs.

As it's more easy to critisize than praise, the only thing I would have done differently is skip 'Colours' & 'Romance' and replace them with 'Iron Gate' & 'Carol Masters' without the new vocals. 'Colours' was remixed so much in 1998 that parts of it sounds late nineties - fine in DS context but strange in this one ('Le Tone - Joli Dragon - 1998' came to mind for some reasons).
One mistake is the printed duration of 'Jet Set' video, 4:23 instead of 3:50. Surely a nice allusion to my birthday (or maybe it was a confusion with the lenght of 'Red Rose' single, who knows).
Obviously the original videos 'tapes' were nowhere to be found, it looks like youtube transfers color saturated (my eyes where bleeding after SLAM). And why SLAM is only 3:31? Still happy to have these in DVD format.
Booklett is very nice but I miss the original lyrics inlay, something it seems the viny-only edition have.

All in all I'm delighted with this near perfect release! A dream comes true for competists. So thank you very much AV for a job well done.

ps for no one but myself: hey the 47th track is the one featuring 'Alphaville' in the lyrics.
And what about SLAM single mix...
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2019, 17:04   #136
Ana
Dreamer

Mine,so far is perfect
Old 25 Mar 2019, 17:09   #137
Ana
Dreamer

The forever de luxe set has entered the Germán Album charts at 8 today!!!
Old 25 Mar 2019, 17:30   #138
RRC
Exclusive Fanclub Member

I've got it!

Very nice box.

Every CD and DVD have one finger print on the working space
Now I listen disc 1.
Last edited by RRC; 25 Mar 2019 at 18:36.
RRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2019, 18:40   #139
Mart
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRC View Post
I've got it!

Very nice box.

Every CD and DVD have one finger print on the working space
Now I listen disc 1.

RRC. Breath softlly onto the fingerprints and wipe away the mist with a lintless cloth. Follow the discs motion, don't wipe it across.

Or use a disc cleaner with a lintless cloth

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2019, 18:59   #140
RRC
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
RRC. Breath softlly onto the fingerprints and wipe away the mist with a lintless cloth. Follow the discs motion, don't wipe it across.
Or use a disc cleaner with a lintless cloth

Ye, but why finger print is on the every disc?

Disc 1 plays fine, also as disc3.

DVD - I would like to kill the man who made it - why after the end of the every song you switch to main menu?

PS: Also they can add BIJ 1992 AD clip, of cause it was released on 1992. I think we all will be glad and this video must be here. I like this video very much!
Last edited by RRC; 25 Mar 2019 at 19:18.
RRC is offline   Reply With Quote