Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 25 Mar 2019, 20:59   #141
Mart
Dreamer

The collection is Limited Edition. So the discs were placed in the holders by hand. They should have been wearing surgical gloves to place the Cds into the slots. Write a review about it on the website that you bought it from.

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2019, 21:20   #142
RRC
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
The collection is Limited Edition. So the discs were placed in the holders by hand. They should have been wearing surgical gloves to place the Cds into the slots. Write a review about it on the website that you bought it from.
So take the disc by the working space and try to put so that into the tray!

When you will get yours you will know It's impossible. If your finger is on this side of CD you can't to do it!!!

Why I have to write a review on the website where I bought it? The box was sealed! It's a factory problem, not a website! Rhino and WB!

PS I bought it at LEXER.
PS2: It looks like the well quality CD life is ending But I hate digital releases!
RRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2019, 21:58   #143
Mart
Dreamer

RRC. Whoever LEXER got the CDs from is number one at fault. LEXER are responsible for holding and selling on the pack. According to a You Tube video, you are supposed to roll the Discs out of the slots, not taking them out with you fingers. Slide the discs out by the edge. Mine is due tomorrow, and I bought it from Amazon .fr. I'll let you know the condition and sound because I am an audiphile, and inspect everything with a magnifier, a Hi Rez Technics stack system with a Numark CS-1 cartridge, and an LG Blue Ray Player. My system is a windows 10 build. If anything is wrong with the discs that I receive, they are going straight back to France

Old 25 Mar 2019, 22:10   #144
RRC
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
RRC. Whoever LEXER got the CDs from is number one at fault. LEXER are responsible for holding and selling on the pack.
May be you are right. appx 90%

All discs play OK. Some problem was the reading DVD in CD-Rom. I tried to another two - it plays, as also in bluray player.

When you will get it you will be some happy!
Old 25 Mar 2019, 22:17   #145
Mart
Dreamer

+44 (0)20 7515 7712

LEXER's phone number

LEXER only had 150 copies. It looks like someone is pirating the CDs and placing them back into the cases. This set is up all over the web, in Blogs, Torrent sites and personal accounts without buying it

Last edited by Mart; 25 Mar 2019 at 22:22.
Old 25 Mar 2019, 22:28   #146
RRC
Exclusive Fanclub Member

I'm waiting when you will get yours! Very interesting!
Also may be it gloves...i don't know...

Box was sealed and has an original steacker.

Quote:
It looks like someone is pirating the CDs and placing them back into the cases. This set is up all over the web, in Blogs, Torrent sites and personal accounts without buying it
The second day the Deluxe edition, CD were able to get from torrents or WEB, 24 bit in a 3-5 days after.... I don't think that is mine.

I will wait the info about your box!
Last edited by RRC; 25 Mar 2019 at 22:33. Reason: add info
Old 25 Mar 2019, 22:36   #147
Mart
Dreamer

yep. It looks like they were removed before the shrink wrapping went on. But it's very easy to purchase a shrink wrapper, receive a box set, open the wrap, remove the discs, then place them back in and shrink wrap the box set again. There are documentaries made about this practice. That's why I'm a true believer in Vinyl

Old 26 Mar 2019, 12:02   #148
emo72
Dreamer

My remastered forever young disc is skipping a lot. I'll try to it in a different player tonight.
emo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2019, 12:51   #149
Mart
Dreamer

Mine came this morning. Just caught the postman before he left.

Checked every disc for marks, scratches or fingerprints etc.. All four disc are spotless. I checked the cover, booklet and back plastic removable page. Everything is perfect. Went over the vinyl and that too is spotless, although I haven't played it yet. All discs work on the computer. Playing them now on the Blue Ray player. Absolutely no problem with them.

The first disc is a masterpiece. Excellent sound. You can hear every tinkle. Sounds that were low on the initial pressing are now crisp.

The second disc is brilliant. 12" and B sides. Again the sound is flawless.

Third disc Demos. We know them all from DS. But now remastered.

The booklet is a great print, with rare photos and excellent stories. Lyrics are inluded

I will just have to check the DVD tonite, along with the Vinyl (Which is a bit heavier than normal.

Well worth the money spent. It went straight in at number 36 in the Irish charts this week, so hopefully some tracks will get air play

Old 26 Mar 2019, 13:12   #150
RRC
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Mine came this morning.
Checked every disc for marks, scratches or fingerprints etc.. All four disc are spotless. I checked the cover, booklet and back plastic removable page. Everything is perfect. Went over the vinyl and that too is spotless, although I haven't played it yet. All discs work on the computer. Playing them now on the Blue Ray player. Absolutely no problem with them.
Glad to hear it!

Quote:
Third disc Demos. We know them all from DS. But now remastered.
Do you hear it accurate? I will try to chek again, but sound is like on the DS. May be a little bit less noise, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Well worth the money spent.
Absolutely!
Last edited by RRC; 26 Mar 2019 at 13:26.