Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 03 Apr 2017, 19:40   #1171
jetset
Dreamer

(Run thru Google's evil translation machine)

Seven years, Alphaville fans had to wait for a new album. Why the production of "Strange Attractor" took so long and what the Bee Gees have to do with it, band leader Marian Gold explains in the interview with spot on news.
The synth pop-heroes of the 80s Alphaville are not exactly the fastest when it comes to songwriting. Beaten seven years, fans now had to wait for a new life of the band around singer Marian Gold . "I'd like to be faster, but it just does not work," explains the 62-year-old on the occasion of the new album "Strange Attractor" In an interview with the news agency spot on news.
For him, the songs must mature, develop a self-life. But also the special approach to the recording took some time. "We are the production twice. Originally, we wanted to play them live together as a band. But that was not for us. We are not a pure rock'n'roll band. It also made it clear that we did not have the material we needed, "Gold continued. So the production was broken off and it went back to the pro - space - to write new pieces.

"The Gordian knot burst when I started to inspire Funk for the 70s. Suddenly I found the Bee Gees good - a band that I have always hated in the disco-phase of their career, "Gold explains. This new fascination quickly found its way into the Alphaville songs. "We integrated funky elements into some pieces and suddenly they worked. From then on it was a self-running! The new album will be released next Friday, April 7th.

Source:
http://www.focus.de/kultur/musik/mar...d_6883909.html

Last edited by jetset; 03 Apr 2017 at 19:43.
jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2017, 19:50   #1172
musicdb
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset View Post
(Run thru Google's evil translation machine)

Seven years, Alphaville fans had to wait for a new album. Why the production of "Strange Attractor" took so long and what the Bee Gees have to do with it, band leader Marian Gold explains in the interview with spot on news.
The synth pop-heroes of the 80s Alphaville are not exactly the fastest when it comes to songwriting. Beaten seven years, fans now had to wait for a new life of the band around singer Marian Gold . "I'd like to be faster, but it just does not work," explains the 62-year-old on the occasion of the new album "Strange Attractor" In an interview with the news agency spot on news.
For him, the songs must mature, develop a self-life. But also the special approach to the recording took some time. "We are the production twice. Originally, we wanted to play them live together as a band. But that was not for us. We are not a pure rock'n'roll band. It also made it clear that we did not have the material we needed, "Gold continued. So the production was broken off and it went back to the pro - space - to write new pieces.

"The Gordian knot burst when I started to inspire Funk for the 70s. Suddenly I found the Bee Gees good - a band that I have always hated in the disco-phase of their career, "Gold explains. This new fascination quickly found its way into the Alphaville songs. "We integrated funky elements into some pieces and suddenly they worked. From then on it was a self-running! The new album will be released next Friday, April 7th.

Source:
http://www.focus.de/kultur/musik/mar...d_6883909.html
Hi Jetset

Bee Gees has nothing to do with "Strange Attractor"!

The reason is that the Songs "Hearbreak city" and "Fever" have the higher voice from Marian Gold!
The Song Fever has some Discostyle in it, which can remember a Little bit of Bee Gees Sound...thats all!
musicdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2017, 20:59   #1173
Arjan
Dreamer

I would really like to hear the live band-versions of the band. Less over produced, less mechanical and without the funky elements would have worked better for me. Maybe someday on a new Dreamscapes album???
Arjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2017, 21:02   #1174
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Seriosusöy, there's not a single track deserving to be called "overproduced" on the album.
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2017, 21:03   #1175
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

... some tracks have even be downsized compared to earlier versions (like enigma, giants or house of ghosts)
Old 03 Apr 2017, 21:16   #1176
Arjan
Dreamer

Hi Shapeseven,

Thanks for your reply. Maybe overproduced is not the right expression. I mean that the live versions of Around the Universe and Handful sound more emotional to me than the new versions. What do you think of the new versions compared with the live tracks?
Arjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2017, 21:44   #1177
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Strange Attractor - New Album

I value taking use of chances that are unique in both scenarios, live and on stage or with production time in studio. with other words: live versions that are a 1:1 to album versions seem non authentic to me. Because of this, facing differences here absolutely meets my expectations.
Old 07 Apr 2017, 08:17   #1178
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Release day

Hopefully I get my CD soon and its a good album
Last edited by hajak; 07 Apr 2017 at 08:20.
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2017, 08:29   #1179
tjommen
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajak View Post
Release day

Hopefully I get my CD soon and its a good album
It is................................
tjommen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2017, 08:37   #1180
wii