Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > Fan Discographies, Music and Artwork

Old 07 May 2003, 23:24   #11
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

You are so sweet, Christine! You really are! Thank you for these moving lines!

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2003, 00:03   #12
Jonatan
Arranged in White

I like the lyrics for "Love's a lie" a lot! Unfortunately it's in the middle of the night here right now so I can't play any of the songs without waking up my parents. I will listen tomorrow if I get a chance.

I guess I'll have to put some of my own works on the net soon too. I have no less than 30 songs at the moment, but most of them is pure crap

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2003, 12:59   #13
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Great to hear - I am very curious to your oppinion!

I have more than 50 pages of songs and most of them is NOT crap...and I am sure that yours won't be crap, too. Not too much understatement :-)
But there's only one way to judge it: Go for it and post them!

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Old 12 May 2003, 15:29   #14
Jonatan
Arranged in White

Hi Romeo! I've listened to the songs on the homepage now. I think you write great songs but they really deserve to be recorded better!! I recommend you to put some reverb on the voice recordings. I liked "Song of a Siren" the most. The drums are so cool!

Keep writing!

See another topic for my song(s)...

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2003, 23:50   #15
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Hej Jonatan!
Thanks! Last wednsday I re-recorded song of a siren in a slightly different version (with a variation in the beat) and with much better quality. I hope that I will be able to upload it soon - a question of time.
I'm glad you like it and as you see I try to give the tunes what they deserve...just that real studio time is too expensive (at least 1000€) and I hate working with computers only - so I got to work on with my MD-recorder and some digital makeup and see that I optimize this constellation.
I am curious to read your songs...let you know when I found the time!

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Old 19 May 2003, 23:58   #16
russharvey
Dream Keeper

looking forward to hearing a newer and better version of the siren song there Romeo!!!! I understand how you feel when you have songs inside you that you can't get out like you want them to.... keep up the struggles - it will be worth it!!

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2003, 08:56   #17
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Things are in progress: I re-recorded most of the songs and recently we bought a new professional microphone thet should do wonders!
In a competition, we didn't get one of the prices for the best 3 %, but we left with an interesting professional studio software.
Plus, I finished some new songs.
Last week, we made an a-capella-cover of "Miracle Healing", and I did a piano version of Song of a Siren that I love a lot.
As soon as I will get to my FTP again (end of september) you will be able to check out some more of the stuff, and by October the album should be ready to be sent out to music labels!

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Old 18 Aug 2003, 17:12   #18
Dustin
Dreamer

I just visited your Ephemere-site! And I'm amazed. If I ever found a band it would be a lot like Ephemere for sure! Influenced by Alphaville (music style, mysterious lyrics...) but still something very own. I can't explain it any better, sorry. Now to the music: Song Of A Siren: The voice sounds a little bit boring and somehow far away.
Hopelessly: I like the vocals on this one. But it reveals also the limit of your microphone...
I'll comment on the other songs later.

-------------------------
who the heck could be bigger than Bernhard and smarter than Gold!?
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2003, 08:48   #19
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Hey Dustin! Thank you very much for your feedback! I am proud and happy that you like my project so much - such feedback, to see that what we do really has some kind of effect, is fuel for us to invest even more time (and money...that is the hardest thing when you found a band and try to get something bigger started) in Ephemere. I am also happy that I obviously succeeded in transporting the desired athmosphere.
Thanks also a lot for your honest feedback to the songs!
Well - the difference between the voice on Song of a Siren and Hopelessley is, that it's me who sings on the first, my brother who sings on the second track.
So I hope that on my further records I will be able to satisfy you with my voice :-))
No, for real: I like to be criticized constructively, and this record is -when it comes to recording quality and expression- really not the best ever done of that song, which is also a bit owed to the rather cheap technical equipment.
On younger records I sang with more devotion and gave more input level to the voice-track. And with our new microphone the songs should finally sound quite as good as they do life and not that filtered.
I am very looking forward to your comments on the other songs! Keep in touch!

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Old 20 Aug 2003, 09:58   #20
Dustin
Dreamer

Ok, now I have all four songs. Let me say first, that all four melodies are really good (and that's no joke!). I have already an "Ohrwurm"(english word?) from "Hopelessly". For this it would be great if it would be able to read the lyrics on the homepage. If you'd be able to re-record the songs in a studio to erase "the distance" (I can't describe it, the voice seems to be far away from the microphone). Hopefully this will work out better with the new mic. I guess one of you has some difficulties in singing the high notes (on "That Brilliant Glow" & "Song Of A Siren", so I believe it's you?), perhaps you can take some lessons? But leave this notes in the songs, the fit very good! "Back From The Night": The chorus really got me. "I'm coming back from the night of lonely dancing..., back from the night I'm crying out for love" That song absolutely fits my mood. "That Brilliant glow": Sometimes it's hard to understand the lyrics but I think it's only a problem of the record-possibilities again. Nice one, again a cool refrain. Well, I wish I could criticise you more but at the moment I see no things that could be criticised. Maybe later, when I heard the songs for a week or so. They're already added to my Winamplist :)
My conclusion: A very good ground to start from, if you only get the chance to record the songs 'professional'. Perhaps you can try to play some gigs with your non-synth-live band to get known by some people. Furthermore I'd like to hear more songs of Ephemere as soon as possible..
From your homepage I read, that you and you're brother ("The Ephemerals" ) don't live in the same city. That is a critical point.. isn't it? (who has the synthesizer? *gg*).

-------------------------
who the heck could be bigger than Bernhard and smarter than Gold!?
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote