Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 17 Apr 2017, 18:55   #71
andrewbw
Dreamer

Ha!! I just love all the trivia I'm learning since I joined here. :)
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2017, 19:27   #72
Kaz
Her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeconno View Post
And his name is Brady Harper...who was also responsible for the creation of the DVD.

Him and his wife will be joining me and my wife in Los Angeles :)
Say hi to Brady from me.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2017, 03:22   #73
nicole
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbw View Post
Ha!! I just love all the trivia I'm learning since I joined here. :)
You will learn a lot! I've been a member for about 6 years now and I'm still learning so much!

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2017, 18:51   #74
mdeconno
Dreamer

New Tally:
San Jose, CA = 497 seats now (3 less than last time), down 1%.
Los Angeles, CA = 358 seats now (7 less than last time), down 2%
New York, NY = 208 seats now (43 more seats than last time, up 21%.

Perhaps, 10 East Coast people had their tickets moved to NYC and there was 33 additional seats purchased.

Regardless, it looks like West Coast sales have stagnated. There needs to be better (or at least some) promotion to let people know about the concerts.

And still no word on Houston...

Quote:
Just a running tally, give or take one or two seats.
Total seats taken (tickets purchased or venue holds):

San Jose, CA = 500 seats filled - tickets on sale 4/7/17

Los Angeles, CA = 365 seats filled (no way to know the tally of the grassy area behind the seating area) - tickets on sale 4/7/17

New York, NY = 165 - tickets on sale 4/15/17

Still no word on Houston...
mdeconno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2017, 15:05   #75
Verdana
Magistra

Ich kann nur kommen, wenn ich in einem paar Monaten das Abi habe.
Verdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2017, 23:30   #76
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

I've come to realize I'll never get to see AV live.. heck, I've never seen ANY band live.
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2017, 23:51   #77
nicole
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianGoldfan123 View Post
I've come to realize I'll never get to see AV live.. heck, I've never seen ANY band live.
You're not the only one! I've never been to a concert before either. There's really no one I'd like to see besides Limahl and Alphaville.

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2017, 16:45   #78
andrewbw
Dreamer

In the early years of my career as a graphic artist, I did concert posters and support artwork for a handful of promoters in the city where I lived at the time (this would've been in the early 1990's). A few dollars here and there, but mostly in trade for tickets or backstage passes or whatnot. As a result, I long ago lost count of how many concerts I've been to. Hundreds. I still love going to concerts, although only make it to one or two a year at this point.

Whether you've never been to a concert, or been to 1000, at a club with 10 people in attendance, or a stadium with 50,000 sold-out seats, each is an experience unto itself, and the talent on display is both humbling and energizing. Each concert you see can make you as excited as the first one all over again.

So don't hesitate. Go see live music whenever you can—it's truly the way it's meant to be heard, and the best way to make sure the artists can see and hear your appreciation of their hard work.
Last edited by andrewbw; 21 Apr 2017 at 16:48.
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2017, 17:48   #79
mdeconno
Dreamer

The difference between a CD and a live concert: The CD is only a product with a recording made with no one intended but for anyone to listen to whenever they want; A live concert is musicians (whether one person with a guitar or a 10-man band backed up by an orchestra and a choir of singers) is a performance directed at you, a complete show, a gift to you from them.

The show is more special (and depending on how good it was, you may remember it for the rest of your life), the CD is just a supplement to the experience.

My mother and I passed on seeing Elvis when he was touring in the mid-70s, I passed on seeing the Bee Gees circa 1995 - both with the thought "I'll see them next time". Two of my regrets...

I saw Guns N Roses about 8 times between 90-93 and then they were gone for decades. My motto "If you want to see a concert, you better go as you don't know what tomorrow brings"

Now, I drag my wife to A-ha, Blondie, Roger Daltrey, etc., and now Alphaville (bands that I've already seen many times) so she can share a portion of my earlier life since she was sheltered from American music during her childhood in Poland. We can drive down the street and hear a song on the radio/TV and share that we saw the actual performance, not just hear the end product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbw View Post
Whether you've never been to a concert, or been to 1000, at a club with 10 people in attendance, or a stadium with 50,000 sold-out seats, each is an experience unto itself, and the talent on display is both humbling and energizing. Each concert you see can make you as excited as the first one all over again.

So don't hesitate. Go see live music whenever you can—it's truly the way it's meant to be heard, and the best way to make sure the artists can see and hear your appreciation of their hard work.
mdeconno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2017, 21:02   #80
Steckley
Dreamer

Hey, that's great! We're at 16 & 18!

I gotta say, I'm a little worried about this show- they've got one in Houston the day before, and last I checked (Wednesday?), there was very little promotion for this show. Hopefully it'll pick up steam.

On a side note, does anyone know if there's going to be any sort of meet & greet option with show? VIP tickets or something? I know it's a long shot, but it's worth asking around.

Quote:
Anyone who has not purchased NYC Tickets yet, please contact me - I have something you want/need: marco {at} deconno.com.

Steckley, my wife and I are also in the second row Seats 11 and 13. Also, we are flying out to Los Angeles for the following weekend.
Last edited by Steckley; 21 Apr 2017 at 21:08.
Steckley is offline   Reply With Quote