Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Dream Polls > Dream Polls

Poll: Will you join the concerts at the Whisky-A-Go-Go in LA in 2018?
Poll Options
Will you join the concerts at the Whisky-A-Go-Go in LA in 2018?

Old 10 Oct 2017, 15:26   #11
wii
Dream Master

I would say, lower the price with 50% then it would still be expensive, but much more reasonable considering the hotel and venue, but I don't think that will happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbw View Post

What does everyone else think? About the event, the idea of a band (any band, not just Alphaville) putting together an exclusive, weekend-long experience like this, etc? If you're not interested, what would it take for you to become interested?
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2017, 16:05   #12
andrewbw
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wii View Post
Andrew, you are right, we should be talking about this. I added a poll to the thread, let's see how that goes. I voted no, just too expensive. If an option comes up with concerts only for a fraction of the cost, I would consider it, but I doubt that will happen.

Very few fans I know about will join this because of the costs, but we'll see
Thanks for adding the poll! That's a great idea.

I voted "no," but I think I'd change my mind for the same reasons as you: If a new option comes up later to just attend one or both of the concerts, I'd seriously consider it. I'd be willing to pay $500 or a little more for that, since they'll be really unique shows, I think—not the regular setlist.
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2017, 17:26   #13
lorenzosusanna
Dreamer

Me and my husband would like to be in Los Angeles but the price is crazy. Only to the concerts if we can have the tickets. Bye
lorenzosusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2017, 08:35   #14
wii
Dream Master

I'm in contact with Brady Harper about the event, I will let you know when I can say more.

But please keep voting
Old 11 Oct 2017, 08:55   #15
lorenzosusanna
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzosusanna View Post
Me and my husband would like to be in Los Angeles but the price is crazy. Only to the concerts if we can have the tickets. Bye
for us.. It s NO
lorenzosusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2017, 10:10   #16
ApolloMan
Dreamer

I'm a lifelong Alphaville fan & still remember hearing the 12" remix of Forever Young for the first time. Despite the difficulties of getting hold of their music here in the UK in the late 80s and 90s, I've managed to get hold of all the items I wanted, though I've yet to see them live.
I've joined today because I feel quite strongly about the planned LA concerts. One one hand I'm genuinely delighted that Marian is making his dream come true. He deserves it and I guess all fans will want to support this - me included. The problem is that I can't support it in it's current format. I'm a Dad with two kids and financial commitments, and a partner who believes music should cost no more than a CD (good job she didn't see the bill for Dreamscapes....). I suppose this puts me in a category that wouldn't make me a target audience for such a costly event. But there's no option there at present for people like me who want to say "thanks" to Marian & to contribute to the success of this event in a lesser way to help make it happen. At the moment I feel a bit like this is an "Impossible Dream" for me.
In reality even a 50% price saving for the event wouldn't help me, but how about putting together a package for those of us who can't travel to LA? I'd be more than happy to pay handsomely for a package to cover a live stream of the concerts and for any CDs/DVDs that may be planned. In this way I will have the opportunity to help make this happen.
ApolloMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2017, 13:36   #17
furtive
Dreamer

The organizers could succeed with this project if they eliminate the hotel component and meet-and-greets and reduce the duration to two nights. For back-to-back evenings of rarities performed, they could still charge a premium. Just not a four-figure one…
furtive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2017, 13:57   #18
wii
Dream Master

The hotel itself is not the problem. The 2nd package does not include hotel, which saves 500 dollars. I checked the hotels in the area, and 500 dollars sounds reasonable for that location and time. We'll see what happens, there's still lots of time for changes to this event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furtive View Post
The organizers could succeed with this project if they eliminate the hotel component and meet-and-greets and reduce the duration to two nights. For back-to-back evenings of rarities performed, they could still charge a premium. Just not a four-figure one…
Old 11 Oct 2017, 15:18   #19
4everyoung
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloMan View Post
I'm a lifelong Alphaville fan & still remember hearing the 12" remix of Forever Young for the first time. Despite the difficulties of getting hold of their music here in the UK in the late 80s and 90s, I've managed to get hold of all the items I wanted, though I've yet to see them live.
I've joined today because I feel quite strongly about the planned LA concerts. One one hand I'm genuinely delighted that Marian is making his dream come true. He deserves it and I guess all fans will want to support this - me included. The problem is that I can't support it in it's current format. I'm a Dad with two kids and financial commitments, and a partner who believes music should cost no more than a CD (good job she didn't see the bill for Dreamscapes....). I suppose this puts me in a category that wouldn't make me a target audience for such a costly event. But there's no option there at present for people like me who want to say "thanks" to Marian & to contribute to the success of this event in a lesser way to help make it happen. At the moment I feel a bit like this is an "Impossible Dream" for me.
In reality even a 50% price saving for the event wouldn't help me, but how about putting together a package for those of us who can't travel to LA? I'd be more than happy to pay handsomely for a package to cover a live stream of the concerts and for any CDs/DVDs that may be planned. In this way I will have the opportunity to help make this happen.
live stream that's a good idea, my friend.
4everyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2017, 15:39   #20
andrewbw
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloMan View Post
I'd be more than happy to pay handsomely for a package to cover a live stream of the concerts and for any CDs/DVDs that may be planned. In this way I will have the opportunity to help make this happen.
This is a great idea. Even if a less expensive, concert-only (or whatever) ticket becomes available, I'd still have to think long and hard about whether I could manage another trip to California "just" to see a concert (as much as my wife and I loved the show in San Jose, it wasn't just tickets, it was airfare, hotels, rental car, meals... we don't regret the money we spent for an instant, but you can only splurge like that so often when you've got a family to support) The ability to support the band through merchandise or a live stream would be a great option.
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote