Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 06 Nov 2010, 22:32   #41
pekurovsky
Keeping On Dancing

I sadly think of the informational era we live in.
Once getting a so much wanted vinyl was a matter of life-time pride and now people cancel their pre-orders on the basis of a each track's preview. It's not that artists are less qualified now - it's rather customers are effeminate. Even being a disliker of glimpses of new album, these cancellations of pre-orders are something beyond my comprehension.

What, you don't like what you hear? Go on and TRY to like it then. No result? Solemnly put this CD on a shelf and never put it back. Yes, I know, you-buy-only-what-you like is a rule, but hey, it's AV! You always knew it would sound jolly naive synthpopish once getting a commercial basis again, so what do these cancellation hysterics mean? Blah.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
[jump1]
pekurovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2010, 22:39   #42
pekurovsky
Keeping On Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
Never made sense to me (regardless of what others on here think) to have almost the full album there anyway. I know of people who have cancelled their pre-order (not me) based on what they heard on there so maybe that's the reason it's gone?
Indeed, it's useless. Either you make whole album available for free download or make a short snippets of each song for preview. Putting almost full tracks for preview really could be sales' decreasing factor.

[jump1]
Old 07 Nov 2010, 01:11   #43
russharvey
Dream Keeper

well then umusic.me should cancel every single one of their samples because they are all the same..... and they let you listen to almost the whole song...... I think though that we have become a universe of people who have gotten used to buying one song at a time and so that is your right to purchase only the songs you like.... however, as one said... this is Alphaville and if you frequent this forum and have waited years for this album and you call yourself a fan then why on earth would you cancel a pre-order based on sampling? Now that is what makes no sense to me!

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2010, 05:42   #44
Humbert
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
Never made sense to me (regardless of what others on here think) to have almost the full album there anyway. I know of people who have cancelled their pre-order (not me) based on what they heard on there so maybe that's the reason it's gone?

a lot of another upcoming albums are now unavailable for listen of their samples. And as CROG they had samples too just a day ago.

I don't know of people who canceled their pre-orders but definitely i know somebody (not me) who ordered the album after listening of the samples :)

Silence is golden,music is Gold
Humbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2010, 09:17   #45
manu
Banned

On amazon.de you can still listen a short snippets from all songs,maybe some have cancelled their ordering but i think thet are more who have ordering after short listening than the inverse and it wil certainely enter in the top 5 album after the release.
manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2010, 09:47   #46
TheMoonBoy
A view from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekurovsky View Post
It's not that artists are less qualified now - it's rather customers are effeminate.
Err, in what way exactly are customers more effeminate..?
TheMoonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2010, 10:41   #47
Kaz
Her...

It was just a theory. Maybe there are other legal issues we don't know about.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2010, 10:54   #48
pekurovsky
Keeping On Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonBoy View Post
Err, in what way exactly are customers more effeminate..?
Nowadays we don't have those difficulties in getting music that people used to have not so long ago. By the means of Internet, torrents, official sites we can get almost everything we want and very often absolutely for free. That goes not only for purchasing - also we have almost unmeasured access to get acquainted with any music from all over the world and we are not limited anymore by what we hear on the radio or see on the TV. Eventually, music is much more easier thing to choose and buy now. This is unbelievably good side of modern world, but also it results in customers' fastidiousness. Yep, luxury is great unless it begins to corrupt. What earlier could be considered as a gem in a collection (and every physical copy of AV creation is a gem despite you may not like its content) now is something which pre-oder you can cancel. With all that versatileness provided by information technologies' progress we lose that ability to truly appreciate, enjoy and value the new music we once had. We have Internet, credit card and PayPal account - we are the Lords Of The World.

[jump1]
Last edited by pekurovsky; 07 Nov 2010 at 16:13.
Old 08 Nov 2010, 23:59   #49
TheMoonBoy
A view from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekurovsky View Post
Nowadays we don't have those difficulties in getting music that people used to have not so long ago. By the means of Internet, torrents, official sites we can get almost everything we want and very often absolutely for free. That goes not only for purchasing - also we have almost unmeasured access to get acquainted with any music from all over the world and we are not limited anymore by what we hear on the radio or see on the TV. Eventually, music is much more easier thing to choose and buy now. This is unbelievably good side of modern world, but also it results in customers' fastidiousness. Yep, luxury is great unless it begins to corrupt. What earlier could be considered as a gem in a collection (and every physical copy of AV creation is a gem despite you may not like its content) now is something which pre-oder you can cancel. With all that versatileness provided by information technologies' progress we lose that ability to truly appreciate, enjoy and value the new music we once had. We have Internet, credit card and PayPal account - we are the Lords Of The World.
I can't say that answers my question...
TheMoonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2010, 10:14   #50
pekurovsky
Keeping On Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonBoy View Post
I can't say that answers my question...
I suppose then we should come down to possible misunderstanding in a sense of word "effeminate". I look up some other dictionaries and they give rather odd translation. This word was used in a sense of "fastidious", "over-selective". Hope this settles our discussion up.

[jump1]