Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News > Chat Transcripts

Old 18 Mar 2003, 00:00   #1
wii
Dream Master

Chat Transcript with Bernhard Lloyd 17 Mar 2003

Agnes: agreeing with Mags
alpha-x: BIG IN JAPAN RULES !!!!!!!
davidhorizon: ok
Krapplund (to poul_e):
Agnes (to bernhardlloyd): of course, Bernd. we have time.
Karen (to bernhardlloyd): ok, I'm listening
Roland: ok
Krapplund: shaking
Jonatan: yeah!
alpha-x: go ahaed Bernd
Agnes: nodding
wii (to all): please give Bernd some time to write............
bernhardlloyd: everybody has his or her own perception of reality and of music
notebook:
Agnes (to bernhardlloyd): true...
bernhardlloyd: all of you have a different perception of avīs music...although you are all av-fans
wii (to bernhardlloyd): ok, so I get it, you disagreed on the music and which direction to take? Marian wanted to experiment more with another sound, and you wanted to stay with the synth sound, right ?
bernhardlloyd: so all of you have different perception what av is or means
Karen: just let Bernd explain
alpha-x: let him talk....
bernhardlloyd: all this counts for marian and me as well....
wii: last - arghhhhhhhh
notebook:
bernhardlloyd: we have a quiet different perception of reality....which is normal and which gave us the opportunity to create a very special “mix” in our music
poul_e (to wii): now you have to stop smoking
Agnes: listening Bernd carefully
notebook:
<wii listening.......>
bernhardlloyd: I have to admit that we have a quiet different taste when it comes to music....since ages
alpha-x: but you make it so beautiful and perfect together !!!
bernhardlloyd: funny enough....this didnīt bother us ….we could get along perfectly when we were alone in the studio creating music…
MalilaM: but you had been coping with those differences quite well, it seems...
Agnes (to alpha-x): who knows it came to an end....
wii (to bernhardlloyd): couldnīt you continue doing just that ?
bernhardlloyd: it was always ( ok most of the time) a very special feeling when we were creating stuff...
notebook:
Agnes (to bernhardlloyd): and a very special feeling for all of us i guess
<wii listening to Salvation>
alpha-x: i dont feel so good
Mags: the two of your together is pure magic
Krapplund (to alpha-x): that havenīt I for over a month
[ AlphavilleChat: <<< Alien crawls out of AlphavilleChat. ]
Clare: Alphaville in whatever form is special
bernhardlloyd: and i am sure that sometimes we could catch those magical moments on tape (or harddisk)...although we had different tastes...which wasnīt important as long as we were working on a certain song
Mags: also listening to Salvation :)
Karen: I agree Clare
alpha-x (to wii): can i call you and we'll cry together or something ?
Jonatan: Bernd and Marian is like Paul and John!
<Karen putting Salvation on now>
wii (to bernhardlloyd): Bernd, have you heard the intro at: http://www.alphaville.org/ ?
davidhorizon (to Jonatan):
Agnes: wingking to Mags
[ AlphavilleChat: >>> Alien jumps into AlphavilleChat. ]
wii (to alpha-x): yes, do you have my number ?
bernhardlloyd: we were able to find the best in the other one and were able to create an unique atmosphere....that we both like and that you might call the av-sound
alpha-x: So is this a long break or forever ?
Clare: wb Alien
bernhardlloyd: creating music together ( and with “together” I mean: on democratic basis) is a question of chemistry....
Alien (to Clare): thanks
Karen (to Alien):
alpha-x (to wii): yes.... but i will really cry.....
poul_e: wb again again
bernhardlloyd: if you work together making music itīs something COMPLETELY different from working alone....i always had the feeling of getting lost if thereīs nobody behind my neck who is involved
wii (to alpha-x): thats ok, I will help out
bernhardlloyd: are you still listening?
davidhorizon: Oh yeah!!!
Krapplund: YES!!
Jonatan: yeah!!
wii: oh YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agnes (
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2003, 18:40   #2
Avil
The dream

I copied the most important parts sunday evening...
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2003, 18:42   #3
wii
Dream Master

Interesting post Avil, donīt we have it here?

Arenīt there any other comments on the chat, and the things that were said?
Old 18 Mar 2003, 18:53   #4
wii
Dream Master

Ok, I do have a question for Bernhard which I believe was not answered directly and that is (as I wrote in the chat):

"wii (to bernhardlloyd): ok, so I get it, you disagreed on the music and which direction to take? Marian wanted to experiment more with another sound, and you wanted to stay with the synth sound, right ?"
Old 18 Mar 2003, 18:57   #5
Avil
The dream

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by wii

Interesting post Avil, donīt we have it here?
Not really, too much talking around.
I just took the part when Bernhard told us how the situation is.

And I thought it was interesting! =/
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2003, 20:56   #6
Bernhard Lloyd
Bell II

Quote:
quote: "wii (to bernhardlloyd): ok, so I get it, you disagreed on the music and which direction to take? Marian wanted to experiment more with another sound, and you wanted to stay with the synth sound, right ?"
it is right, that i want to stay with the synth sound. from the beginning on, there were only synths ...the synths and sequencers were my reason to start making music...they are part of me...itīs not a question of developing or not ...itīs a question of mentality for me
but....
this was not the reason for big arguments...i admit that marian likes guitars more than me...but we could both cope with that...and if it would have been a problem for him, he could have just done a soloalbum as he did before...
no...as a i said in the chat the reason for the split are not on the musical side...believe it or not...at least not as i perceive it

bernhard lloyd
+0:-)
http://www.atlanticpopes.de
everybody is a pope......
Bernhard Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2003, 21:20   #7
Agnes
Dreamer

So it was actually based on humane reasons?...

*** Say GOURANGA, and be happy! ***
Agnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2003, 09:07   #8
wii
Dream Master

I have said that many times before. Marian and Bernd match each other very well musically, with Marians interest in guitar and more experiments in the sound, and Bernds dedication to synth and production skills, itīs the perfect match, and I truly believe they are best together ! Oh well, maybe sometime in the future this can happen again, never say never
Old 19 Mar 2003, 09:22   #9
poul e
Dream Keeper

@wii: I agree Marian & Bernhard are perfect together. So from now on instead of one fantastic band we will have Marianīs "Alphaville project" with his fantastic voice but sadly (to me) with a lot less synth than before, and Bernhardīs "Atlantic Popes project" with fantastic synth but a singing voice very different and IMO not nearly as great as Marians (but how many singers have that?). I guess weīll just have to get used to that. We can always hope that Marian & Bernhard will work together again in the future....hoping for the best, but....
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2003, 10:44   #10
Mags
Moonshine

That was an amazing chat...and it's not like it wasn't what we were expecting, but I agree with all of you. Bernhard is wonderful for his honesty and care toward us. I love Marian's solo work, I love Atlantic Popes, but both of them put together is what makes the magic, the depature of this world for Utopia, that has enthralled me for so many years. Of course I absolutely respect the decision of Bernd and Marian, but together they made something that compared to nothing else. Like Krapplund said, AV without Bernd is like apfelstrudelkin ohne apfel .

Being the idealistic dreamer that I am, and seeing that knowing Alphaville has helped me to accomplish the impossible time and time again, I agree with Willy, and Bernd, never say never, in the hopes that there may be a collaboration some day in the future. But for right now, okay so it has been a bad day, but after reading Bernd's post to the list I think I would be sobbing if I were not sitting here at work right now, I just feel so empty [ashamed][cry]. I [love2] Bernd, I [love2] Marian, and I [love2] you all...thanks for listening.

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote