Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > Fan Discographies, Music and Artwork

Old 22 Aug 2006, 11:43   #211
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Four new songs for download, demo CD released

I must apologize for my long absence...especially to Polygon Life that I have not answered your post for so long. The singing on SOAS does not sound very professional which is mostly due to crappy old equipment, but I really like the song. You will find much more professional recordings on the

Entirely new Ephemere.de

Not only is the site completely relaunched, it also offers

four brand new songs for free download,

three of which are excerpts from recordings I have done in San Francisco's Baysounds studio with producer Leo Frappier and one of which is a full-length demo of our latest tune.

The demo CDs for the album Hologram have just been sent out and I will keep you posted on whether you will be able to purchase the album as a commercial release from a music label or as a self-release over our homepage.

All, plese give me feedback and keep in touch, I promise to be around more frequently from now on.

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2006, 11:56   #212
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Really great to see you back!!

Will download them when I am home. Really curious to hear them...

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2006, 17:35   #213
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Finally home and started listening to Voyage...

Wow, have to say that I am impressed - sadly it's only an excerpt - but it's worth the waiting...

At these moment I find it sad that I am not a music company or I had already a demo cd....

And second demo now, Take me high, it has a really catching music...

Have to say, that the music is getting better and better - don't understand me wrong, the first cd was great but this is going really......

I really hope that this time you have more responde than with the first cd and I really hope that it will a big success.... if not I cannot understand it!!

You made my day!!!

Ephemere - Fallen Angel

Old 23 Aug 2006, 12:34   #214
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Thank You :-) Be sure that you will get to hear the songs in full length - I just need to wait for the reactions from the music companies...if they are interested, it might not be too favourable to have distributed the same songs over the web before - some companies are cool with that (see Arctic Monkeys story), some have issues with it.

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Old 09 Nov 2007, 12:07   #215
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Where are you?

Long time no news from Ephemere!!

Ephemere - Fallen Angel

Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:09   #216
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

You're right, I totally forgot about the good old Dreamroom...which is a shame given that I have spend so much great time here with so much great people. This forum used to be a source of inspiration and energy for me, and now I haven't visited it in 1 1/2 years. I promise improvement :-)

So, even more: Thanks for sticking around and not forgetting me! So...Ephemere. There have been no news because there has been no new album. And this is for a good reason. I did not like the stuff I had recorded in 2004-5 anymore (except the Baysounds-stuff - Alter Ego, Voyage, Take me High). I was very discontent with the recording and production quality of my own work (that is the songs I have produced myself, not those that I have hired producers and rented studios for) and I got tired of the style of most of it (too much pop).

So, when the Hologram-Demo (which consisted of the Baysounds-songs) did not make it past initial rounds with the record labels, I decided that it's time to upgrade my own studio to the extent that would enable me to deliver state-of-the-art-output myself. This turned out to mean building a completely new studio as the old stuff (MiniDisc with optical link, an older Siemens microphone, etc. and completely inadequate software) was outdated. Over the course of 2006 I bought all the components (new audio interface and mixer, new Cubase version, Plugins, the awesome Rode NT-1A microphone, etc.) and in 2007 I recorded quite a lot of stuff. After plenty of trial-and-error I am now confident that I have achieved a fairly nice production standard. By the way, we played a live gig at an open-air-festival last year - now there is a little Ephemere-video, too. Unfortunately, the quality sucks as it's all ancient Super-8 with no external mic.

A selection of the new songs will be pressed on another Demo this spring and pitched to some labels. Also, I will offer an album (right now I would say about 8 tracks) for download and on CD soon afterwards. To give you an impression of the new Ephemere-sound (I think I can say that not only the quality, but also the style has changed quite drastically. I like it much better this way, it's more nonconformistic) you can listen to streams of some new tracks on www.myspace.com/ephemeretheproject and soon on the official site, too, which I will give an update these days.

That was a LONG reply to a short question...I hope you forgive me ;-)

Love,

JanRasmus

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:29   #217
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Good to see you back! Hope to hear more from you!

Ephemere - Fallen Angel

Old 25 Feb 2008, 16:17   #218
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Let me know what you think of the new stuff when you find time!

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Old 25 Feb 2008, 17:34   #219
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

For important things I make time!

Wow, I agree - style has changed a lot... It really surprised me when I start listening to Alter Ego. Although your old material was already great, this is much better!

Californian Night, sad that it's that short - sure it's only a demo? Sounds already that great.

Dream. Very catchy music!

Iron Sky. For a demo it is really nice.

Take Me High - That has a great beat!

Song Of A Siren - was one of my feavourites on Outside The Golden Cage - but this version is much better!!!

Have it difficult how to say, but I am sure you will understand me. I have that you're music have grown, not only instrumental - but also you're voice is much better!

When the cd is ready you can already put me on the list!!!

By the way, it was worth the waiting!!!

Ephemere - Fallen Angel

Old 25 Feb 2008, 19:00   #220
davidhorizon
Antilles

I think "Voyage" is your best song!
davidhorizon is offline   Reply With Quote