Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 12 Apr 2016, 20:10   #851
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumu View Post
And remember what happened to the band, during these 4 years ! Don't you think it's enough to make a big mess for them ? No empathy, only "I want the new album" ! Nice fans, indeed !
We all remember as I wrote above
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 15:07   #852
poul e
Dream Keeper

It's been 5,5 years since the last studio album was released. I find it hard to understand what in the process of making an album it is that has to take this long time? The next album was more or less planned shortly after the release of "Catching rays on giant". And as far as I understand most of the songs from the upcoming album were already written 3 years ago.

I know that the band (Marian) think it's important that the songs fit together on each album release, but I wonder if anyone besides band members figure out how and why songs on each album fit together? I know that besides the sound of some songs (not all) on each album I have never found any connecting thread to tie all the songs on an album together.....so is it really that important? And is that the reason for all the delays? It's only a theory....

If only they would release remastered deluxe versions of the old albums with extra tracks while we wait for the next studio album. But that is not possible because of Warner....or are they really to blame??

Feel free to speculate....there is probably enough time to do so before the next album is released....
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 17:56   #853
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poul e View Post
It's been 5,5 years since the last studio album was released. I find it hard to understand what in the process of making an album it is that has to take this long time? The next album was more or less planned shortly after the release of "Catching rays on giant". And as far as I understand most of the songs from the upcoming album were already written 3 years ago.

I know that the band (Marian) think it's important that the songs fit together on each album release, but I wonder if anyone besides band members figure out how and why songs on each album fit together? I know that besides the sound of some songs (not all) on each album I have never found any connecting thread to tie all the songs on an album together.....so is it really that important? And is that the reason for all the delays? It's only a theory.....
I never cared if the songs is fit together its not important to me.
its more interesting to get good songs on the album,listen to the songs one by one a lot of times and then decide if they are good or not.

And you are right the album has taken too loooooong time,and some news would be great
Last edited by hajak; 13 Apr 2016 at 17:58.
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 20:06   #854
Halfnelson
Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajak
I never cared if the songs is fit together its not important to me.
its more interesting to get good songs on the album,listen to the songs one by one a lot of times and then decide if they are good or not.
I completly disagree with this point of view. AIU, BB & Prostitute are so much more than the sum of theirs parts when listened as a whole, and it's true too - at a lesser extent - for the others album. For stating the obvious I can't imagine Anyway or Apollo elsewhere than being the last track of their respective album

Quote:
Originally Posted by poul e
I have never found any connecting thread to tie all the songs on an album together.....so is it really that important? And is that the reason for all the delays? It's only a theory....
I believe that it is that bloody important. Again AIU is telling a story, I can't say that my intellect understand it but I've got the feeling' that my soul is. Now is it the reason for the delays? No idea & not my problem.

Now it wasn't the wisest move ever from Marian to say that this album would be probably the fastest delivered ever 4 years ago, but hey, the CS-CROG 7 year gap isn't reached yet! It will come finally, but not too late. Peace.

Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 21:16   #855
Itzel
Universal Angel Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
Remember also that it's been a difficult time the past couple of years, with bereavements and so on.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumu View Post
Why ? We DO know that AV always spend a lot of time working on each album. We are used to. Why is there always people surprised with that ?

I think it's showing respect for us to work so long for us.
They could say "ok, they want a CD, let's give them one, even if some songs are crap to our point of view, it's money for us". But they don't. They always do their best, and we do know it, even if we don't enjoy some of the song (as it's usual for any human being :) )

So wait and see.
Yes, indeed and after waiting so long for Alphaville albums, their albums are great

Marionettes with halos sell out their rights... Oooh, crack, baby, crack
Marionettes with halos, immortalized, doomed variety acts
Doomed variety acts…

Alphaville - Marionettes With Halos
Itzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 21:36   #856
poul e
Dream Keeper

I guess it's a matter of opinion if you think that every song on every album released by Alphaville could only fit on that particular album. For me the first 2 albums (+Prostitute) are those where the songs fit together the most and those first two albums were released with less than 2 years between them....

I think TBB is a mess of different styles of music and their worst studioalbum by far. Productionwise Salvation is the best album...

In my opinion I'd rather Alphaville released new music more often than wait for them to have 10-14 songs who they think fit perfectly together. Not every fan can afford to travel around the world to go to concerts so the most important for most of these fans are the release of new songs....or at least news about something other than concerts on the other side of the world. I think AV are losing lots of this type of fans all the time simply by not releasing any new material....they lose interest in a band who does not seem interested in them...

I know it's critical but I also know that I'm not the only fan who feel this way....

Studio albums:
Forever young 1984
2 years
Afternoons in Utopia 1986
3 years
Breathtaking Blue 1989
5 years
Prostitute 1994
3 years
Salvation 1997
13 years
(demoes, rare tracks, remixes released on DS 1999) 2 years
(Limited edition studioalbum-ish Crazyshow released in 2003) 4 years + 7 years
Catching rays on giant 2010
6 years?
Strange attractor

And btw.....some of my favourite AV songs aren't on any studio album.....they are from a time where there were "b-sides"....I'm wondering how many great AV songs we will never get to hear because they don't fit onto any album.....
Or will there perhaps be another Dreamscapes release?? We don't know....we can just keep speculatiing...
Old 13 Apr 2016, 21:45   #857
nicole
Dreamer

This whole situation is definitely a matter of opinion. I agree with all of you and disagree with some parts as well. I think all we have to do is just wait and be patient unfortunately. There's nothing we can do about it. I personally don't care what songs sound well with others, etc. but Alphaville does, so with that being said its just all up to AV when this album gets released. We can complain and be inpatient (which I tend to be) but that isn't going to make the album come out faster. In the meantime, we can just keep listening to their other songs until the album comes out. No one knows when it's coming out and frankly I don't think AV knows as well but all we can do is wait (impatiently, for some, including me)

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 21:53   #858
tjommen
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Whats the problem to give the fans some info even if the news is less good
tjommen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 22:03   #859
nicole
Dreamer

I don't think there's a problem with keeping fans updated. I never did. In fact, I feel AV should give us some kind of news. But if they wont, no matter what, we just have to wait unfortunately. Its out of our control.

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2016, 22:05   #860
poul e
Dream Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjommen View Post
Whats the problem to give the fans some info even if the news is less good
Exactly! Some news are better than no news!!!
If there were frequent news about AV then more fans would hang on and stay hardcorefans..
Perhaps the band would even (unintentionally) put more pressure on themselves to release new stuff more often just to "keep it interesting"....one thing lead to another...