Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 04 May 2020, 19:02   #11
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

A very nice, powerful addition to the Alphaville canon. Marian sounds incredibly young on this one, like back in the 80s. Which is a good primer, for I don't sense much Apollo-ish about this song, neither musically nor lyrically (Apollo was far more radical) - it reminds me more of AIU times and a bit of Sister Sun. Definitely worlds better than the version of the (otherwise grand) Strauss.
And yes, shape, this is a wonderful video. Makes me want to watch the one to Tempelhof again :)

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2020, 19:58   #12
jetset
Dreamer

Seven, are you sure of the line 'And we chant in megascope'? Because I hear a totally different word, not megascope at all. Beautiful lettering by the way (=the stylish font) with the vintage frame touch.

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2020, 20:31   #13
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Very nice video.....i like it ALOT! But the song...something missing...think I have to listen more to it.

I just love mondays nowadays (and i don´t like all the songs we got so far)

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2020, 21:51   #14
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset View Post
Seven, are you sure of the line 'And we chant in megascope'? Because I hear a totally different word, not megascope at all. Beautiful lettering by the way (=the stylish font) with the vintage frame touch.

That’s what gold delivered as lyrics.
I discovered the same, but he didn’t correct it. I didn’t wonder enough to ask
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2020, 21:57   #15
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

He seems to sing "sonoscope".
That song is a real grower, like it even more the more I listen to it.
Btw. - has anyone noticed that the beginning of the verse(s) is EXACTELY like "State of Dreams"?

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2020, 02:53   #16
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Does a stereo mix of this song exist? I just noticed the one posted on youtube is a dual-mono track. I confirmed it by splitting both tracks and inverting one of them. It silenced the track completely (apart from a few lossy artifacts)

Not complaining any but it intrigues me!
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2020, 09:18   #17
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

New release: Over The Hills And Far Away

The fact that the file is mono is nothing more than the result of an unintended error somewhere within the production/conversion process of the video release - which we have simply overseen (or overheard) within the short period of time we had. Such things can happen, unfortunately. I was about to discuss a solution, then I came across IMHO arrogant comments (not yours, MGF - I understand the wish for a stereo file a 100%) on YT like „An Utopia in Mono is fake. Sorry.“.
I might not act mature, but in all honesty I lose motivation in pleasing such people, so I won’t trigger any action in fixing this.
Last edited by shapeseven; 05 May 2020 at 09:24.
Old 05 May 2020, 10:05   #18
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeseven View Post
The fact that the file is mono is nothing more than the result of an unintended error somewhere within the production/conversion process of the video release - which we have simply overseen (or overheard) within the short period of time we had. Such things can happen, unfortunately. I was about to discuss a solution, then I came across IMHO arrogant comments (not yours, MGF - I understand the wish for a stereo file a 100%) on YT like „An Utopia in Mono is fake. Sorry.“.
I might not act mature, but in all honesty I lose motivation in pleasing such people, so I won’t trigger any action in fixing this.

Oh... Wow. That's a shame. It's not immature for you to react this way. Pardon the French, but anyone would get pissed if they were verbally shit on for a simple oversight such as this... Sorry that somebody spoiled it and discouraged you from resolving this.

It really says a lot that you and the band are even willing to post these songs after the smear campaign and misleading garbage which went on YouTube during SA's production. You surely know what I'm referring to. I and every other fan thank you for it ten times over. It shows how much you all care about the fans

A quick question: Do you remember that 2011 Strange Attractor vinyl art? It had a whole list of songs, some of which were made up according to you (such as "Rama Lama Ding Dong"). One of them is "The Carnival Is Over". In the pre-chorus part of "Springtime Cherries" Marian says "And now the carnival is over". Is that an old name for the song or was it its own thing?
Old 05 May 2020, 10:08   #19
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

You refer to the cover with the goats?
That was a fun thing Marin and me created just for entertaining purposes.
As far as I remember „the carnival is over“ is a solitaire song. The respecting line in the lyrics is one of a few you might come across in misc AV songs
Old 05 May 2020, 10:11   #20
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Yes, that one. The one which is a subtle nod to the "Pet Sounds" cover by The Beach Boys :)

Ahh alright, so it's a bit like how Marian likes to reference bees in his songs. Yes that makes sense!

How many versions of Cherries exist apart from the one posted? I'd guess if any other ones exist they don't differ much. It's my favorite release so far. Beautiful song. The production values are just insanely high on it.