Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News > Reviews

Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:28   #1
wii
Dream Master

7 Concert in Emmen (Netherlands), Jun 2010

Here's the review by Richani about Retropop

Pictures:

http://www.alphaville.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=71

Alphaville @ Retropop - Emmen, June 12 2010

Friday - June 11

My friend and I took the car to go on a 3 hours trip to Emmen - totally ready for a great weekend !! When we arrived at the hotel for checking in, it was time for a big pre-party and so we went to the pub hoping to find AV fans! There seemed to be many fans there (also going to the event) so in no-time we owned the whole pub and had a great drunk party 'till 4 in the morning [drunk]

Saturday - June 12 - Retropop, Alphaville, here we come !!!

Finally !! The big day !! Katrin was already waiting for us at the venue/ticketcheck and I couldnt wait anylonger to meet her again !!! We took some drinks, chatted a lot and walked to the big mainstage where Billy Ocean, Alphaville (16:15 - 17:15), Raymond van het Groenewoud (ehhhrr..who??), Level 42, The Real Thing and Nena planned to play. Of course we had great standing places close to the stage and already met AV fans from Germany AND Holland whoohoo !! After long waiting finally Alphaville came on stage and we went totally crazy! Again Marian was in a very good mood and full of energy! Here's the setlist:

Dance with me
Monkey in the moon
Victory of love
Sounds like a melody
Summer in Berlin
Carry your flag
Die for you today
Big in Japan
the Jet set
Forever young

After the concert we started to drink lots of beer and chatted about the concert and then comes the best part; GOING BACKSTAGE !! Just the 6 of us got allowed to go there and meet the band.. wow !! I Still can't believe it.. getting hugged by Martin and Marian, having a chat and taking many pics (forgot to ask for autographes ow sh*t ) I just kept on saying thankyou to them for coming to Holland (and giving compliments for seeing them drink Hertog Jan - best dutch beer yee yeee !!! )

Will never forget this...

We spent the rest of the day with our little AV gang and some of us got really drunk But not too much 'cause another great band was waiting for us; NENA !!!! She was absolutely the best together with AV; What a show !!!
Nena was the last band of the event and around 01:00 it was time to say goodbye.. So happy to have met new AV fans and to know that dutch fans DO excist !! [smile2] And Katrin, thanks SO much for coming to Emmen and for the great time that we've had !!!! Now I gotta visit you to of course in Malchow

And for Alphaville; THANKYOU SO VERY MUCH FOR COMING TO HOLLAND !!!! You made a dream come so true !!!

Sunday - June 13 - that darn hangover

But it's worth it forever !!!
Last edited by wii; 13 Jun 2010 at 19:41.
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:57   #2
colette
Forever Young(ish)

Great review Richani! Thanks for sharing and glad to hear you and Katrin had such a great time C x
colette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:47   #3
Rene4u
Dreamer

Great review! It was stunning to see Alphaville live in the Netherlands.
For me it was the first time to see them live and it was great! I hope they come back some day.

Ow..you are a great dancer.
Rene4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:34   #4
JaJaJa
Rebel Dreamer

Great review, Richani!!! The only thing I'm worrying about is if you've had enough burgers and fries there,
cos it's not mentioned.

Между нами дураками естъ один большой дурак.
Раз, два, три - Это верно ты!
JaJaJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:59   #5
Alphaanni
[less is more]

Thanks Richani for sharing your weekend with us... nice backstage pictures

+ + + aw[4]design + + +
Alphaanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 13:27   #6
Richani
Party nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaJaJa View Post
Great review, Richani!!! The only thing I'm worrying about is if you've had enough burgers and fries there,
cos it's not mentioned.
Yes we could buy burgers and snacks everywhere Proove has been spotted here

~~ Ријaнa [love2] Алфaвил ~

~You gotta fight, for your right to party~
Richani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 15:36   #7
JaJaJa
Rebel Dreamer

*relieved*

One of your last secret dreams probably is to have burgers and fries together with MG, huh?

Между нами дураками естъ один большой дурак.
Раз, два, три - Это верно ты!
JaJaJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 15:48   #8
Richani
Party nut

Yes but instead of that I got alcohol with him ^^

~~ Ријaнa [love2] Алфaвил ~

~You gotta fight, for your right to party~
Richani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 16:53   #9
mirela
forever young dreamer

13 i'm invidioooosssssss

yes, i'm so invidios to you.. because you saw and listening them , thank you for your comments about the concert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wii View Post
Here's the review by Richani about Retropop

Pictures:

http://www.alphaville.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=71

Alphaville @ Retropop - Emmen, June 12 2010

Friday - June 11

My friend and I took the car to go on a 3 hours trip to Emmen - totally ready for a great weekend !! When we arrived at the hotel for checking in, it was time for a big pre-party and so we went to the pub hoping to find AV fans! There seemed to be many fans there (also going to the event) so in no-time we owned the whole pub and had a great drunk party 'till 4 in the morning [drunk]

Saturday - June 12 - Retropop, Alphaville, here we come !!!

Finally !! The big day !! Katrin was already waiting for us at the venue/ticketcheck and I couldnt wait anylonger to meet her again !!! We took some drinks, chatted a lot and walked to the big mainstage where Billy Ocean, Alphaville (16:15 - 17:15), Raymond van het Groenewoud (ehhhrr..who??), Level 42, The Real Thing and Nena planned to play. Of course we had great standing places close to the stage and already met AV fans from Germany AND Holland whoohoo !! After long waiting finally Alphaville came on stage and we went totally crazy! Again Marian was in a very good mood and full of energy! Here's the setlist:

Dance with me
Monkey in the moon
Victory of love
Sounds like a melody
Summer in Berlin
Carry your flag
Die for you today
Big in Japan
the Jet set
Forever young

After the concert we started to drink lots of beer and chatted about the concert and then comes the best part; GOING BACKSTAGE !! Just the 6 of us got allowed to go there and meet the band.. wow !! I Still can't believe it.. getting hugged by Martin and Marian, having a chat and taking many pics (forgot to ask for autographes ow sh*t ) I just kept on saying thankyou to them for coming to Holland (and giving compliments for seeing them drink Hertog Jan - best dutch beer yee yeee !!! )

Will never forget this...

We spent the rest of the day with our little AV gang and some of us got really drunk But not too much 'cause another great band was waiting for us; NENA !!!! She was absolutely the best together with AV; What a show !!!
Nena was the last band of the event and around 01:00 it was time to say goodbye.. So happy to have met new AV fans and to know that dutch fans DO excist !! [smile2] And Katrin, thanks SO much for coming to Emmen and for the great time that we've had !!!! Now I gotta visit you to of course in Malchow

And for Alphaville; THANKYOU SO VERY MUCH FOR COMING TO HOLLAND !!!! You made a dream come so true !!!

Sunday - June 13 - that darn hangover

But it's worth it forever !!!
mirela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2010, 15:42   #10
Pitesina
Take it easy!

Great review and great pics!! Finally we can see Marian with the eyes opened! Richani: What did you did to him?

Nunca te arrepientas de lo que hagas. Arrepiéntete de lo que no has hecho. [kitty]
Pitesina is offline   Reply With Quote