Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 15 Jan 2019, 20:36   #1
HVA
Dreamer

Alphaville WEA Records problem?

Ok so, i have a few original Alphaville vinyls, (Big In Japan 7", Sounds Like A Melody 7", Dance With Me 7", and three different Forever Young 12" Albums)
And i have a problem with these records, (and some others too). They keep skipping when i play them, the needle is skipping in the grooves. Otherwise, the sound quality is good, but some of them i can't even play because the needle skips so much... I was thinking it might be something common on Alphaville records? Maybe bad vinyl quality from WEA? Or am i just unlucky only finding bad records?
HVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2019, 20:50   #2
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA View Post
Ok so, i have a few original Alphaville vinyls, (Big In Japan 7", Sounds Like A Melody 7", Dance With Me 7", and three different Forever Young 12" Albums)
And i have a problem with these records, (and some others too). They keep skipping when i play them, the needle is skipping in the grooves. Otherwise, the sound quality is good, but some of them i can't even play because the needle skips so much... I was thinking it might be something common on Alphaville records? Maybe bad vinyl quality from WEA? Or am i just unlucky only finding bad records?
I have not have any problems with any vinyl Alphaville records and I got alot of them
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2019, 22:04   #3
Ana
Dreamer

I haven't got any problem with my vinyls and have them all!!!
Ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2019, 17:49   #4
HVA
Dreamer

Hmm that's strange... Well then, i guess it's a case of me just having bad luck with the records then. Or it might be my record player... It's an old player from the 80s so it might be worn out in some way, even though i don't think it's used that much.
Old 16 Jan 2019, 18:01   #5
Mart
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA View Post
Hmm that's strange... Well then, i guess it's a case of me just having bad luck with the records then. Or it might be my record player... It's an old player from the 80s so it might be worn out in some way, even though i don't think it's used that much.

You just need to buy a good cartridge. If needs be, replace the belt
Best way to remove skips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDA6UbP3pc
Last edited by Mart; 16 Jan 2019 at 18:04.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2019, 01:57   #6
Foolship1077
Travelling Companion

The kind of turntable may be considered. I once bought one of those USB turntables to try and save data into files, but the arm was so lightweight and weak, it skipped with a couple of ones I tried to play on it.

It only played one older double album without any problems.

What are you using?

Hello, my friend...
Foolship1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2019, 14:17   #7
HVA
Dreamer

Well, idk if you'll know what kind of record player it is, it's a sort of multi-purpose thing, it has both tape player, vinyl player, and a radio.

And as i said, it's an old machine, from the mid 80s i think... My father bought it but didn't really use it and now i got it from him. He said it was one of the cheaper models though...

It says "MARK DC510" on it, so i guess that's the name of it?

I don't know what the weight of the arm should be... it's not adjustable on this one, but it might be to light? i don't know...