Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 08 Oct 2002, 22:21   #61
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

I don't have VH1... MTV-Russia is boring... and it shows not well... I only watch other musical channel 4 times a week when this program about old music is on.

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2002, 22:04   #62
Adiville
big in japan

MTV sucks big time !!!!!!
All those rappers and dance bands who think they are so special...
You call that shit "music" ?!?
Try listen to some 70's-80's and discover the big difference......
VH1 is fantastic !!!

"Ok Adi, this song is for you..." Freiberg 13.8.2005
Adiville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2002, 22:29   #63
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

I don't know about MTV-Europe... but on MTV-Russia there are less and less music and more and more and more stupid shows and programs!

*MADE IN USSR*
Old 13 Oct 2002, 16:24   #64
micki
Banned

here in our school the play MTV on the TVs in the corridors all the time, and sometimes you really can catch a glimpse of something good, like Forever Young once...and one day they even played DM! =), but generally MTV sux (and I ain't gonna tell you WHAT it sux...)
...oh I wish I had VH1...*sighs*
micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2002, 20:52   #65
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

This morning I started with a Alphaville video....on the channel VH1 they played Big In Japan....great to see....Thanks VH1!!!

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2002, 07:45   #66
micki
Banned

yeah, thanx satellite-disks...(if I'd have onem that is)...
micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2003, 00:21   #67
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

Have you read AV bio on VH1 site?

This polished Euro rock band had its origins in the Westphalian provinces of North Germany. They came together in M?nster and started their career as a trio in Enger, near Bielefeld on New Year's Eve 1982 under the moniker Forever Young with Marian Gold (b. Hartwig Schierbaum, 26 May 1954, Herford, Germany (vocals), Bernhard Lloyd (b. Bernhard G”ssling, 2 June 1960, Enger, Germany (synthesizer) and Frank Mertens (b. Frank Sorgatz, 16 October 1961, Enger, Germany (synthesizer). In mid-1983 they changed their name to Alphaville, inspired by Jean-Luc Godard's eponymous science fiction film from 1965. After producing their first single in the German capital (Studio 54) they adopted Berlin as their new base. Singing in English and constructing simple, synthesizer-led pop, Alphaville had a huge success in 1984 with the single "Big In Japan", a cleverly constructed but hollow lament that predated A-Ha's Europop follies and lifted heavily from Ultravox's synth-pop sound. Vocalist Marian Gold remained the band's focus, but on much of their debut album, Forever Young, his melodramatic delivery, which had given the single much of its appeal, sounded affected, and follow-up singles to "Big In Japan" were disappointing. The science-fiction concept of Afternoons In Utopia stretched credulity further, with 31 musicians credited in addition to the now reshuffled band itself, in which Mertens had been replaced by Ricky Echolette (b. Wolfgang Neuhaus, 6 August 1958, Cologne, Germany in 1985. With co-production from Tangerine Dream's Klaus Schulze, The Breathtaking Blue might have offered new possibilities. However, with Gold still intent on perfecting his Bryan Ferry impersonation over ersatz jazz and pop rock, it had even less appeal than earlier outings. The fact that the CD was graphics-encoded, with pictures of still photographs and illustrations, at least proved mildly diverting, which is more than can be said for the previous year's Singles Collection. This saw the band's one hit reprised in two different versions, along with their three other singles, "Forever Young", "Red Rose" and "Dance With Me".

rock band??????

*MADE IN USSR*
Old 27 Jan 2003, 15:57   #68
Cappy
Dreamer

May I ask what channel VH-1 is? I have never heard of that one, even you swedes seem to know.

"with Marian Gold (b. Hartwig Schierbaum" His real name! Always thougth Marian was a girls name, didn't seem as german.

\"Blumen wie ein meer ohne ende, blüten wie ein ozean aus farben,
bringen sie alle her - all die fahnen,
küss mich noch mal vor dem nächsten krieg\"
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2003, 18:02   #69
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

@Cappy: you can read huge discussion about Marian's origin here
http://www.alphaville.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=640

*MADE IN USSR*
Old 27 Jan 2003, 18:31   #70
Avil
The dream

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cappy

May I ask what channel VH-1 is? I have never heard of that one, even you swedes seem to know.
It´s a british channel I think, playing mostly 70/80/90´s music!
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote