Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News > Reviews

Old 12 Aug 2010, 19:47   #1
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

7 Concerts in Linköping & Varberg (Sweden), Aug 2010

Forever Young 2010 - Linköping & Varberg!

Linköping - 06-08-2010

Time for party!

Friday morning at 13 pm on August 6th and it was time to drive away from home and the goal for the day is Linköping and the Forever Young 2010-tour that will stop at six different cities over three weekends. Bands that will play are Jacob Hellman (he haven´t recorded any music since 1989), Lustans Lakejer, Reeperbahn (reunited for this tour), Howard Jones, Ultravox and of course Alphaville. Now I was on my way home to the Krister aslo known as Chinese Theatre, to pick him up and then move on to the train station in Linköping. There we met Patrick "Patten" Karlsson and his friends Tom and Glenn. In addition to a small pre-party before we went into the field where the evening's festival would be...

Festival area!

The festival area was a large meadow and consisted of two stages, one large and a bit less which unfortunately turned out to Alphaville would play on, and a large restaurant and bar tents. Howard Jones was already on stage when we got there. I has not eaten for several hours and decided that I would buy some food. After over an hour and two lanes did I get my food. But by this I missed Howard Jones gig, but what I heard from where I was standing it sounded good. After the Howard Jones´s gig I did met Andreas Fredlund among the audience. Was really fun, I have´t met him in years. Then it was time for Lustans Lakejer to play, was no big shots so to speak. Reeperbahn was the next act on the big stage and people started gathering in front of the stage. But I did different of course, I put myself in front of the small stage and waited....

Counting down the seconds...

The clock was approaching 22:30 and it was time to launch the evening's high point So it was time to PARTY! The guys came out on stage and started the song Gallery, like so many times before, then it just rolled on with Dance With Me, Monkey In The Moon, and my song A Victory Of Love! Fredlund revealed as a madman behind me (which you should do a concert). But Marian Gold revealed even more on stage, bouncing around and seemed to be in very good mood. When it was time for Monkey In The Moon, did it happened that should not happen, the sound hang and Marian got a good laugh over what happened, after some minutes with problem everything continues as it would. During the song Summer In Berlin we heard that everyone in the audience sang with, and it was totaly crazy when the audience did singing along to Forever Young. The entire audience raised their mobiles and did filmed in the dark, had probably been quite magical to see that from the lowest rear. The band went by the scene but came back just as fast again to play the last song Apollo. Then we knew that now it was over, and indeed after 1 hour and 15 minutes was the concert over. Sadly! But think the most of the audience did like the show...

After the show...

As the last band this wonderful night was Ultravox on stage and many people had gathered in front of the big stage, but I noticed that many had gone home after Alphaville, what can it be? Was maybe Alphaville the tonight's climax? Most features of the scene stood for Alphaville, but perhaps a bit of unknown songs for the audience who probably had hoped to hear their entire first album, but for me it was as good as always.

Time to go home!

A great day and evening began to run to the end and it was time to say goodbye to everyone and drive home, good weather and no traffic on the roads so the return trip home went quickly. 05 o'clock in the morning, and I was home again and time to get some sleep before it was time again...time to party!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Day 2 - Varberg!

Varberg - 07-08-2010

After seven hours of sleep was it time to sit in the car again and drive to Varberg. A little ripped from yesterday's party but no problems and was in Varberg at 16 o'clock. During some food outside the train station did I met a man who had seen Alphaville twice before, in 1996 and 1999. We talked about various concerts that we had been on during the years since 1999 when I saw my first Alphaville concert in the same place as he, Trädgår'n in Gothenburg.

Festival area!

At 18 o'clock did Kicki Fogborn arrive with the train to Varberg and we went to the area and checked out the beautiful area. Behind the scene was Varberg fortress and to the left the blue sea. The sun was shining and we sat in the beer tent and talked a lot about and around Alphaville. We were sitting there and the time began to run against Alphaville's gig...

Counting down the seconds again!

Today it was already a lot of people early in front of the stage which was also the small one of the two that were at the festival area, unfortunately. But we took us almost to the fence and was waiting for the notes to the song Apollo. I shouted "hello" to Alphaville's manager, Christian Mielke, as always when we stood and waited for the concert would begin. Some minutes later did Christian apear and gave us two backstage pass to join the band after the concert. After that it didn´t take long time before the concert did start.

Dance With Me

The notes to the song Apollo never came, but they drove up with Dance With Me. And Marian Gold did jump around on stage and gave everything to the audience's surprise, or happiness like previous day. When it was time for my song A Victory Of Love did Martin's computer jump so that the base and the loops hang and then it was time for Marian to laugh again, before the song did start right again and he begin to sing. The band did play a song after another but they had picked out a few songs including the new single I Die For You Today this day. The gig today was shorter than in Linköping. Like yesterday was Varberg shaking during the song Forever Young, and I can imagine that the entire audience raised their mobiles and gilding the darkness of night. The band ran off the stage but came back just as quickly and played the last track Apollo, like in Linköping.

Backstage

The concert is over and we got backstage and said hello to the band, took photos and was waiting for Marian Gold that direkt after the concert went to the main stage and was listening to Ultravox, that was the last band. I must say that it did sound better from behind the stage than infront as I did watch in Linköping. While we was waiting for Marian did I and Kicki got a cola to drink (yes I was sober, for the second day) and hit on Johan Strauss, who produced two songs on the forthcoming new album. Nice guy, but did/could not tell anything about the songs, unfortunately. Photos were taken and after over an hour of waiting came Marian propelled when Ultravox hade played their gig. Marian went into the band's tent and we were still standing outside. When we stand there there did I say to Kicki that I think he was smokeing a cigar and securely hold a bottle of champagne in the hand. Not many minutes later he turns up in the opening of the tent and in one hand he held a bottle and a cigarette in the other. 10 points for me Then he discovers us and there was a hug before some photo shooting. Badly he did´nt hade the time to talk with us, he had to run to a afterparty. But anyway it was a great time backstage!

Trip home...and a end!

The clock began to move closer to one in the morning and it was time to drive back home for me. The trip went without any problems even this night and I was at home at four in the morning. The weekend with two days and two Alphaville concerts, five hours of sleep in 31 hours and 1195 kilometers by car is over and to that sober also But what a great weekend! Thanks for a wonderful weekend to all whom I met during this trip, new and old friends! Thanks!

By: Peter "Krapplund" Krappinger

Photo gallery:

http://www.alphaville.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=72

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Setlist - Linköping

01 - Gallery
02 - Dance With Me
03 - Monkey In The Moon
04 - A Victory Of Love
05 - Carry Your Flag
06 - Sounds Like A Melody
07 - Summer In Berlin
08 - I'll Die For You Today
09 - Big In Japan
10 - Jet Set
11 - Forever Young

Encore

12 - Apollo

Setlist - Varberg

01 - Dance With Me
02 - Monkey In The Moon
03 - A Victory Of Love
04 - Sounds Like A Melody
05 - Summer In Berlin
06 - Carry Your Flag
07 - Big In Japan
08 - Jet Set
09 - Forever Young

Encore

10 - Apollo

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Last edited by Krapplund; 16 Aug 2010 at 17:40.
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2010, 17:40   #2
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Photos are online now.....from Linköping!

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 17 Aug 2010, 18:56   #3
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Photos from Varberg are now added also....

You see from what concert the photos are from in the uper left corner "Varberg" first and "Linköping" after that.....

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com