Yazoo/Alison Moyet

Who could not love her??? I love Alison, Have all her cds, including Yazoo's
Cruising in Cocktails,
Trent

Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2001, 19:55   #2
wii
Dream Master

yeah, Alison Moyet - what a great singer she is, apparently a new album is coming up soon !

http://www.alisonmoyet.com

visit us at:
http://www.alphaville.org
wii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2001, 20:14   #3
poul e
Dream Keeper

"Walk away from love", "Only you", "Situation", "Don´t go" and "Nobody´s diary". Great songs!!!!

poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2001, 23:34   #4
wii
Dream Master

Alison Moyet - Chat Session, December 18

Sherry: one more ?, Alison, is there an email or snail mail address where people may reach you?
Alison: when we are up and running, we will add an e-mail address to our website, www.alisonmoyet.com. This is due to launch early next year....famous last words!!
andreas: since the days of yazoo i like your work a lot and since some time i was asking myself already what you were doing. i'm glad to read that next year your new album will be released. what will it sound like? i'm very curious.
Alison: It is quite an eclectic mix, with songs ranging from ambient to chansons. It is without doubt an album I should have made long ago.
UpstateNY: Dear Alison....will you be singing in NY anytime soon?
Alison: I will most definitely be singing in NY. I'm not sure about the timeframe, but I am hoping for the Summer.
wiggy: Any pre-tour warm up gigs planned ?
Alison: I will be doing as much as I can before the womb prolapses. Again, no details, but soon.
jason: Alison, A few years ago it was rumoired that you may go into acting, would this be something you would consider?
Alison: My dream job has always been voice-overs. In confident moments I feel unassailable, but book the date and the bottle goes! I think that I could act but probably only for childrens programmes.
david: any favourite gigs youve done througout your carrer
Alison: The acoustic gigs that i have done have been my favourites because I prefer to be autonomous. I have always had a good time in America because the expectations there are different and I am not expected to be a popster. I usually do enjoy the singing - if I look like I'm enjoying myself, then I usually am.
Caroline: When will you be back on german stages ?
Alison: I have always had a lot of support in Germany; it is a very important territory for me, so I should imagine a visit to Germany will be one of the earlier ones.
Dan-Chicago: Alison, was the chat your idea or did Debbie make you do it? (hello debbie!)
Alison: Believe it or not, it was MY idea, prompted by the fact that I have condemned my laptop to hell, and was feeling bad about not posting on my site.
Dan-Chicago: When you say ambient...are there a lot of synths and things?
Alison: Some synths, but it ended up being more played than we expected. I probably mean it's emotive and it breathes.
Jean: Alison,do you always write your own lyrics? Or do you ever collaborate with other writers/use others'words?
Alison: I mostly do write my own lyrics. It is very rare that I would collaborate with another lyricist. I find language needs to be personal. The one time I like to sing other people's lyrics is when I want to concentrate on a voice alone, and then I try not to get hung up on semantics.
wiggy: Do you have a working title for the new album?
Alison: Yes - Hometime.
Marc: Hi Alison. So good to have a chance to chat with you and seeing you respond live to all our questions. You are very open and down to earth on your website. How does the website make you feel?
Alison: I really like being in contact with other people when there is no need to get dressed.
bob: Hi Alison what is your favorite song?
Alison: See above.
jason: I cant believe you are nervous, you always appear so confident. I'll always remember your gig at Manchester apollo where halfway through a song,you burst out laughing!, who normally makes you laugh?
Alison: It has always helped that I am tremendously short-sighted. Six brandies before singing for a tee-totaller is very useful!!
Dan-Chicago: What are you wearing right now?
Alison: Debbie says that I should say Prada, but the truth is closer to the sava-centre.
brian: Hi Alison! IYou and Pete Glenister are great live. How did you two meet?
Alison: He played for me for a short while after auditioning for the Raindancing Tour. We didn't click but for some reason met up again some time later and became very good friends. Pete is a very talented man.
jason: Alison, Dawn French has appeared in 2 of your videos, is she a close friend?...would you like to work with h
Old 09 Jan 2001, 07:39   #5
Trent
Dreamer

WoW!!!! Very cool Wii..thanks for that, I just LOVE Alison...And Now I have a new cd to look forward to..fantastic!!
Cruising in cocktails
Trent

Old 09 Jan 2001, 07:43   #6
Trent
Dreamer

And I am very tempted to join her mailing list...Dont know if I could keep up though, being on 2 AV ones, this forum, A bunch of Big Country and a-ha mailing lists...
*Is being spread thin into a piece of tiny string hanging on to all the music he loves*
Ahhh ummm woahhhh BIG COUNTRY NEW POST TIME!!!!!!
Cruising in cocktails
Trent

Old 10 Jan 2001, 21:50   #7
Avihai
Dreamer

I'm aware of what I've said about a former DM member but I really like the keyboard work on 'Don't Go' .
Avihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2001, 18:25   #8
wii
Dream Master

Can´t believe this topic doesn´t get more attention ! I just love Yazoo. Listening to their greatest hits right now - Nobodys Diary definately my favorite track!

Old 16 Dec 2001, 19:49   #9
Avil
The dream

Nobody´s diary is the only song I´ve heard, or at least heard and remember from Yazoo.
It´s so very...80´s!!

~/~/~Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, live today~/~/~
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2001, 09:27   #10
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Yazoo are GREAT!!!

Top songs:

Nobody's Diary
And On
Goodbye 70's
Don't Go
Anyone
Situation
Only You
Mr Blue

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
make your choise - i made my - www.krapplund.com
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Last edited by Krapplund; 07 May 2008 at 21:20.
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote