Old 21 Aug 2013, 16:23   #11
sophienoelle
Themaestro'sgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wii View Post
So, you're vote is actually yes
I like to lie to myself to make me feel safe...If I vote no, it must be so

(I'm a big wimp LOL)

“Therefore, let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.”
sophienoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2013, 21:49   #12
Sappy
Exclusive Fanclub Member

I think some planets in the universe do have some kind of life, but not similar to us humans. This planet came to life in some special way (big bang) and the fact that us humans are here on earth now I also think is a very special thing and not alike anywhere else (too many things do have to fit), so the answer to the question must be a yes from me.

Sappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2013, 22:03   #13
Foolship1077
Travelling Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Black Dog View Post
I believe we can never be alone in the Universe, because we have each other. A species that thrives on regular physical and emotional contact will be very likely to find others off-world, however long in coming. -LBD.
^ This.

Hello, my friend...
Foolship1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2013, 23:08   #14
Kaz
Her...

I voted yes. I think all the discoveries that have been made showing areas within our solar system (notably on Mars) where some necessities for life have been found in some form or another, and fossilised microbes found on meteorites, show that life possibly may have been in existence at some time or another somewhere else. It may even indicate that life on Earth came from this. But I think that life in any of its forms is part of the evolutionary journey of the Universe and that life may be in some places at some times and in other places at other times, meaning life on Earth is where life is meant to be in the evolution of the Universe at the moment. It may die out here and evolve elsewhere in the future of the Universe.

If life outside the known Universe (by that, I mean the parts of the Universe we have been able to observe and explore) exists, I don't think we will ever know about it since our capabilities to find out about it are limited.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Last edited by Kaz; 21 Aug 2013 at 23:10.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2013, 14:46   #15
wii
Dream Master

Yeah, but if you vote no, and then you believe we are not alone and therefore not save

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophienoelle View Post
I like to lie to myself to make me feel safe...If I vote no, it must be so

(I'm a big wimp LOL)
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2013, 14:55   #16
Pitesina
Take it easy!

Another point of view:

Why do we think we are the only thinking being in the universe? Maybe somo other planets are full of live and they are more intellingent than us, and they do have the technology to travel across the universe.

I read somewhere that the Hearth was the dump of another planets and we were born in this dump

Maybe, but... do they have any evidence? How can they prove it?

Ohoho... I'm going crazy [smile2]

Nunca te arrepientas de lo que hagas. Arrepiéntete de lo que no has hecho. [kitty]
Pitesina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2013, 14:59   #17
poul e
Dream Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappy View Post
I think some planets in the universe do have some kind of life, but not similar to us humans. This planet came to life in some special way (big bang) and the fact that us humans are here on earth now I also think is a very special thing and not alike anywhere else (too many things do have to fit), so the answer to the question must be a yes from me.

Exactly what I think
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2013, 16:55   #18
sophienoelle
Themaestro'sgirl

Did I mention I'm also very strange[smile2]? I will simply refer you to the movie Mars Attacks LOL!!!

Anyway, at the end of the day, I really have no clue...

Ooops - Was replying to Wii and forgot to click "quote reply"

“Therefore, let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.”
sophienoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2013, 18:08   #19
MalilaM
Random Motion

Chances are that we are by no means the only intelligent species ever.
The Big Bang is believed to be the origin to the whole universe, not only this solar system. At least every star similar to the Sun had, has and will have the same probabilities to develop similar forms of life to the ones we know, and others. Every planetary system had, has and will have non-neglectable probabilities to develop forms of life, intelligent ones included.

Whether or not two or more intelligent forms of life can develop ways to get in touch with each other is a whole different matter.

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 08:12   #20
wii
Dream Master

To think that we are alone in a universe this big doesn't make any sense to me

We are all created from stardust - which is everywhere, our galaxy alone have more than 100.000.000.000 stars, and our galaxy is just one out of more than 200.000.000.000 galaxies in the observable universe. Even if life is very very rare (specially advanced life) the universe must be filled with it, just because of the size of it.

The distances is the main problem, and therefore we may never get in contact with anyone...
wii is offline   Reply With Quote