Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News > Reviews

Old 10 Jun 2008, 07:00   #41
wii
Dream Master

- ok mom, I will take a look one more time
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2008, 13:39   #42
*ariAna*
maniac

[curious mode]So? What did you see, Willy? [/curious mode]

G - O! Let's go!
*ariAna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2008, 14:02   #43
wii
Dream Master

What mode is that ?

Code:
Haven´t checked it yet !
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2008, 15:14   #44
Shrotty
Dreamer

hello everybody!

so, i dare come here and posting.

i´m new in the dreamroom, but longly Alphaville Fan.
Shrotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2008, 16:06   #45
*ariAna*
maniac

So, finally, here you are! Welcome and have fun, Shrotty!

[smile2] Hmmm, Willy, maybe the
[I'm-the-admin-I-have-so-many-things-to-do-at-the-same-time-I-don't-know wether-I'm-comming-or-going-mode]
Haven't checked it yet !
[/I'm-the-admin-I-have-so-many-things-to-do-at-the-same-time-I-don't-know wether-I'm-comming-or-going-mode]

G - O! Let's go!
Old 11 Jun 2008, 16:32   #46
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrotty View Post
hello everybody!

so, i dare come here and posting.

i´m new in the dreamroom, but longly Alphaville Fan.

Hello Shrotty!!

Welcome!! Don't be affraid! We are one big happy familly.
Some are a bit strange, but they are not dangerous!! [smile2]

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2008, 22:59   #47
Shrotty
Dreamer

thank you, ariAna and fallenangel

@ana, i have reading your review. very great.( [smile2] i´m missing a *grouphug* smilie)

it´s too bad, that i am not gone there. but the next time, i will to be present.
Shrotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2009, 08:49   #48
Sheldon Harrison
Silent Dreamer

Thank You for this awesome review, If I had been there like you, I probably would have choked on my own tongue and forgotten every question I've imagined for 30 years, So Don't be embarrased when in the presence of Genius!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krapplund View Post
Saturday, 31 May 2008: Laufach Day!

Hoping for the best!

We had thunderstorms all week and now it's raining cats and dogs for hours. While our city softly sinks I feel like drowning in the floods. It's noontime and I've checked the internet: The weather forecast for Laufach doesn't look much better and I'm afraid that the concert will be cancelled last-minute.

Some hours later it's still overclouded and dark but Apollo and me are finally on our way. Watching the skies, hoping for the best but expecting the worst...
After a while it gets clear outside and crossing the frontier to bavaria the sun breaks through. Great!
Arriving at the festival area the first band has already started. After a while the other members of the Golden Feeling fanclub arrive one by one and it's great to meet them face-to-face for the very first time. I've been a member of the fandom for about half a year, have mailed and sent private messages so some of them and of course I've seen them on several photos, so it is very easy for me to identify most of them.
Unfortunately the music is very loud and we can't find a quiet corner somewhere to sit and talk (not to mention something like a pub in this one-horse town) so we decide to stay at the festival area and continue shouting at each other, drinking and eating something and talking about everything under the sun. Time flies and now it's about time to enter the first row. The second band is somewhere in the middle of their setlist and it's still easy to get there. We have quite some fun listening to their cover versions of known rock songs and even more fun watching them packing their stuff – and I mean this literally! [smile2] There is an older man from the band (and when I say older, Katrin, I mean definetely much older than Marian ) trying to pack far too many different instruments, cases, bags and music stands at the same time and ways and me watch him failing with growing fascination. After a while a woman appears on the stage (his wife maybe) and takes the lead. That is sooo funny, I will never forget that! Ways and me nearly die of laughter!

After another seemingly endless while Martin enters the stage with his notebook. Some of us shout his name and he smiles over to us. Another half an hour elapses but then – it's midnight in the meantime! – Alphaville finally start the concert.

This is the time, now gimme that beat!

After the Intro and "Gallery" (Thank you, André, for prompting me the titles of the unknown songs!) "Dance With Me" started and suddenly I remember a post from Krapplund somewhere in the Rostock-thread: "GREAT than I will think at you when you are at the front of the stage!!!" Yes, Peter, here I stand at my very first Alphaville concert. I'm directely in front of the barrier in the middle of the stage, André in front of me, ways to my right side and all the other dear fans around me! Wow! Marian stands at most five meters in front of me and it feels as if he is singing just for me (give me creeps again right now while I'm writing this).
Well, that's right: It feels like he is singing just for me, but it doesn't sound like this … Unfortunately the sound is very bad, his mike is to low and the basses seem to be set at maximum gain. There are several back couplings and after a while I see David frowning and twiddle with one of the boosters. Then a guy comes up to the mixer on the stage and suddenly – right in the middle of "Jerusalem" – Marian's voice get's louder and clearer. Good! Not as good as it could be but better anyway. But the hum is still there and it get's louder all the time. First I thought it was only the guitar but then it also starts to hum when Martin plays some deeper notes on his keybords. My eardrum starts to vibrate and so do the speakers on the right side of the stage. Really annoying!
I try to ignore that and let me get carried away from the power that comes from the stage and after a while I succeed again. I like David's rocking guitar, Mattes drums sound tremendous and the whole arrangement is very powerful. Especially "Jet Set" really blows me away! Awesome!!! Still filled with adrenaline the first notes of "Forever Young" reach my ears. What?! Already "Forever Young"? I look at my watch, it's nearly 1:00 am. So many adventures couldnt happen today, so many songs we forgot to play… That's it! The guys disappear from the stage and we start shouting "Zugabe" as lound as we can.
After a very short while they come back again and start to play "Apollo". I'm already looking forward to the piano version of "Dance With Me" (listened to Krapplund's file from Rostock about a hundered times during the past few days) but now it's "Apollo" and I sing along very loudly, I really love this song! Alphaville disappear again, the lights go on and the music from the tape starts to play. We look at each other a bit confused. No more bonus song and even worse: No piano version? Wasn't it said to be a 90 minutes set? But that was only 60 minutes! Still discussing that topic Apollo points at a woman who comes up to our group of fans and explains to me, "That's Claudia from moonbase."

Isn't it strange…

She takes us with her and following her behind the barrier, along the backstage area and up the stairs to a kind of club house I suddenly start to feel very strange, as if I don't belong here.
Martin sits outside, saying hello to several people and Marian stands in the middle of the entrance door, one big smile in his face hugging every single one of us! I feel even more strange looking at the scenery. Yes, I've seen this face on magazine photos, different covers, posters, his look is familiar to me, I've read some messages from him in the mailinglist, in chats or on moonbase, and yes, of course I know this is Marian Gold, but he is nevertheless a totally unknown person to me, a complete stranger. I don't have that much time to think about all of this, because suddenly I feel Marian's arms around me and … I'm through the door, finding myself in a room with David, Mattes and some other people I've never seen before.

We all get our drinks and I bravely try to adapt to the situation. Seeing some familiar faces around me makes it easier. We all feel a little bit unsure, I can feel the tension and Marian starts to break the ice through talking to us about the future plans of the band.
From the corner of my eyes I see Katrin with the set-list in her hands going to Martin who stands a bit behind me and I take the chance to follow her and catch a glimpse of the list. Several titles were stroke with an edding – but not Dance With Me at the end! So I point at it and ask Martin why they didn't play that song.

And here it comes: ariAna's embarrassing situations, part one:

Martin looks up to me, smiles and says, "There was not enough clapping!"
I can't see if there is a wink in his eyes (I really hope so!), I just listen to the sound of his wonderful voice with this beautiful british accent – and I lose all my vocabulary at once. I feel like a little girl, silly and totally overstrained. I just answer something like claping our heads of and screeming our lungs out, at least I try but I feel it's only stuttering and how my legs turn to jelly. Oh Lord, help me! And yes, help is on the way, thank you, Apollo! He comes over to us and kind of saves me through starting talking to Martin and I get some time to recover.
I get my ticket signed and after a while go over to Mattes to get the next autograph. After that I see ways walking up to Marian with a golden edding in her hand and follow her to get a golden signature on my ticket as well. On our way I ask her if she could take a photo of Marian and me and she nods.

ariAna's embarrassing situations, part two:

I ask Marian for the photo, we line up for it and I hear him asking "So, who is going to make the photo?" ways is gone!!! It seems like she had been swallowed by the earth. I desperately look around me – nothing! At a sudden I see André with a camera in his hands and call him over. He looks a bit uncertain because this is Katrin's camera but takes the photo in the end.
Marian just laughs and says with a proud sound in his voice, "Hey, I kept my eyes open!" (While we stood there at the beginning of this aftershow meeting someone complained about Marian having his eyes closed on every photo.) I have to laugh as well. I'm really looking forward to see this photo!
After this photo shooting I turn around and see David coming into the room again, so I take the opportunity to get the last missing autograph on my ticket. At a sudden there was some kind of agitation around. At this time we've spent nearly an hour together with the band and now I want to go over to Claudia to say hello, but I can't find her anymore. So sad, would have been nice talking to her, but she's gone. Then it comes into my mind, that I forgot to greet Marian from Peter ("[…] å hälsa från den fulle svensken Krapplund till Marian om du träffar honom.") and look around me, but Marian is gone too. We feel that it is about time to leave the meeting, say goodbye and go out again.

Big yellow cadillac, carry me back home

Outside there are still a lot of people of all ages dancing to the music from the tape. We go to our cars, joking and laughing down the way. Katrin, André and ways are the first to say goodbye with lots of group huggings, then Apollo and me reach our car and say goodbye to Susi and Susi's Chauffeur promising to organise a kind of western fan-meeting in the near future.
So, finally me and my chauffeur are on our way. Big black Nissan Patrol, carry me back home!
Isn't it strange, I still can hear your call,
isn't it strange, you're not a ghost at all!
Isn't it strange or is it just insane?
I'm back in Bonn and here still falls the rain.

What a day!

Setlist:

Part 1

1. Gallery
2. Dance With Me
3. Monkey In The Moon
4. A Victory Of Love
5. Sounds Like A Melody
6. I´ll Die For You Today
7. Around The Universe
8. Jerusalem
9. Questions Of Happieness
10. Golden Feeling
11. Big In Japan
12. Jet Set
13. Forever Young

Part 2

14. Apollo

By: Ana Suhr
Sheldon Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2009, 18:10   #49
*ariAna*
maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Harrison View Post
Thank You for this awesome review, If I had been there like you, I probably would have choked on my own tongue and forgotten every question I've imagined for 30 years, So Don't be embarrased when in the presence of Genius!
Thank you very much, Sheldon, you're welcome!

G - O! Let's go!