Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 16 Jun 2007, 13:22   #271
snake5
Dreamer

Yes but i think most of us getting really tierd of all those empty promises. 2,5 years after what we thought should be the realese together with no sign of eather book or dvd. Parts of my AV intrest died when Bernad left and i think it might be hard for Marian o carry he AV sound alive but al least, i did like to hear something. Itsd like duran duran. They had a complete album ready for realese, throw away it and then started over again

I'm seeing very similar things happen with other artists. The label first lets them record new material. The label then listens to new material and scraps all the work they've done because they don't think it's "marketable." So the label makes the band record MORE new material but they oversee it with their own producers and songwriters. And then the label waits until what they see as the "perfect" time to release said album.

I don't know if you guys have been keeping up with things, but Kelly Clarkson was actually told by her label that she needed to re-record her entire album because it wasn't "marketable." And she told them to basically go to hell. She's one of the few artists, though, that's doing this.

She's on the same label as Gavin... Gavin hasn't said as much, but his new album (which was originally due out last year) is being re-recorded.

Thats some of the bad things with beeing on big labels but i heard a reliable rumour that sat that they will realese the new album in 2009, the 25 aniversity of alphaville.

Best Alphaville songs, Iron John, Soul Messiah and Dance with me
Last edited by snake5; 16 Jun 2007 at 13:45.
snake5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2007, 16:43   #272
Kaz
Her...

Wouldn't actually be surprised if they did. However, the new songs will be old songs by then, tried and tested, so I would hope they have many more up their sleeve to surpise us with.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:12   #273
Jonatan
Arranged in White

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake5 View Post
I don't know if you guys have been keeping up with things, but Kelly Clarkson was actually told by her label that she needed to re-record her entire album because it wasn't "marketable." And she told them to basically go to hell. She's one of the few artists, though, that's doing this.
What is the point in releasing an album which is not marketable, at a big label? If the artists want to make exactly the music THEY want to make, then they can always release it for free on the Internet. It's not a human right earn your living on music, even if you have been successful in the 80ies.

If I were a record boss and a band like Alphaville would want to release an album with songs like most of the ones from Crazyshow, I would tell them they would have to reproduce it with a proper producer, find new label, or release it themselves on the Internet. If they want to make strange songs and try things out, they can do it as a hobby.

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2007, 19:33   #274
Adiville
big in japan

I dont believe Marian is enjoying teasing us or something like that...
The album will probably come out when its good and ready.
Dont get me wrong, im very anxious as well !
What can we do ? stop loving them ?
Lets wait a little longer and see if there really will be a single around October.....

"Ok Adi, this song is for you..." Freiberg 13.8.2005
Adiville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2007, 16:38   #275
Clare
Alphanut

I don't think the delay is down to the record company. Remember the wait for Crazy Show. We do refer to Alphaville time, with or without record companies.

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2007, 19:30   #276
russharvey
Dream Keeper

hehe.... you would think we would all be used to this.... happens every time.

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2007, 05:18   #277
Trond
Forever Young !

The norwegian radio-station Kanal 24 had an interwiev with Marian Gold yesterday. And again it was talk about the new record of AV, and again it was told it will be released this year, for sure!!!!

\Still Falls The rain\
Trond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2007, 09:16   #278
tjommen
Exclusive Fanclub Member

yeah that sounds really good but we have to WAIT and see,maybe it will be delayed
tjommen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2007, 15:44   #279
Kaz
Her...

It will be released this year if Marian says so...unless plans change...

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2007, 17:37   #280
poul e
Dream Keeper

It's just a hunch....but my guess is that Marian has finished his work on the album some time ago, but something has been delayed in the production/management. It's so annyoing that we are never told anything....it's always guessing and guessing
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote