Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 30 Nov 2005, 09:28   #171
wii
Dream Master

Well, we have discussed this before, many of us donīt blindly just love AV because itīs AV, it has to be a sound that pleases us, and Salvation had just that. As we have talked about in the past, Bernhards leaving was very sad, the AV sound may not come back at all. Iīm sure it will sound different, but different isnīt always better. In any case, Iīm curious to hear the new album.
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2005, 09:57   #172
Alphaanni
[less is more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bright
Honestly, I also prefer the traditional AV sound that we know from the first 5 albums (the so-called Bernhard style), but somehow it seems to me (and let Anja correct if that's wrong) that Martin Lister is now more interested in the guitar rocky sound, and the new songs will be influenced by that......... But I'm sure most of us will love AV no matter how rocky the new stuff is :)
Dear Lady Bright:
The song you heard, the so called "criminal girl" (?) is an unfinished version of a song which is in progress. You heard an IDEA, which means that is not the finished product.

@ all:
Its a fine line between making an album for general release (looking at the trends at the time) and pleasing a 'hardcore' fan gang.

There will be enough synth on the new album... so be patient and let the guys go on with their work and dont rip it to pieces before its even finished.

Alphaanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2005, 10:23   #173
Trond
Forever Young !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaanni
@ all:
Its a fine line between making an album for general release (looking at the trends at the time) and pleasing a 'hardcore' fan gang.

That is a point...!

\Still Falls The rain\
Trond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2005, 10:29   #174
Lady Bright
Dreamer

Of course, I know I heard the demo version which might be totally different when released, so I'm not making any 'like-dontlike' conclusions! :) The only thing I'm sure of is that Marian's voice sounds extremely good, as always..... and he obviously leads the healthy lifestyle now, which definitely shows since he looks fit and full of energy :)
Lady Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2005, 15:37   #175
Jonatan
Arranged in White

Quote:
Originally Posted by wii
Well, we have discussed this before, many of us donīt blindly just love AV because itīs AV, it has to be a sound that pleases us, and Salvation had just that. As we have talked about in the past, Bernhards leaving was very sad, the AV sound may not come back at all. Iīm sure it will sound different, but different isnīt always better. In any case, Iīm curious to hear the new album.
I really agree with you Willy! There is definitely something missing in the sound since Bernhard left, even though I'm sure I will at least like/love parts of the new album.

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2005, 18:36   #176
Adiville
big in japan

All i can say is that i LOVE the new songs that AV played during the live concerts 2004-2005...
Still waiting for the complete album but i have a very good feeling.....
Someone mentioned Hurricane - i really didnt like this song when CS was released, could hardly listen to it... but today its one of my faves from CS
I can only speak for myself when i say that AV "help" me to discover new sides of music and new things that i can love.

"Ok Adi, this song is for you..." Freiberg 13.8.2005
Last edited by Adiville; 30 Nov 2005 at 18:43.
Adiville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2005, 21:07   #177
Trond
Forever Young !

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha-x
I can only speak for myself when i say that AV "help" me to discover new sides of music and new things that i can love.
That is a good comment.. When I was in Lübben I was surprised that Hurricane was the Elevator-replacer. I hadnīt really noticed on CS. It was not of mine favourites.
But now, yes I like it. Especially live.

\Still Falls The rain\
Trond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2005, 23:53   #178
Mags
Moonshine

I still don't like Hurricane so much, even after hearing it live. But I loved Around the Universe ..... :)

Looking forward to the new album, either way.

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2005, 13:16   #179
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

I think I have grown up in music, where CS was a "strange" AV album it has become now one of my feavourite albums.

Took time to appreciate it.

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2005, 19:09   #180
toffe
Dreamer

soo, have they canceld the plans?, will there be a single realese, mayby even music video?
toffe is offline   Reply With Quote