Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 05 Mar 2020, 18:32   #61
Script
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wii View Post
Please take a picture and upload it here, we would like to see it
OK, they took the artwork of AiU but it's the Sounds Like A Melody yellow vinyl.
Script is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2020, 18:34   #62
Script
Dreamer

So that's obviously the one I was referring to earlier. Great idea, I sure will get this one on RSD.
Script is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2020, 18:47   #63
emo72
Dreamer

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/12397
emo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2020, 18:48   #64
emo72
Dreamer

ah thread already up i see.
emo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2020, 18:56   #65
Alphaxl
Dreamer

A very nice cover

Special unreleased new mix for Record Store Day 2020 created by original band members Marian Gold and Bernhardt Lloyd together with Blank & Jones. For the first time since he left Alphaville in 2003, Bernhard worked with Marian in the studio and they used only original parts from the 1984 multi track tapes, no additional instruments. Blank & Jones work closely with the band since 2013 on various projects like "so8os (so eighties) Reconstructions pres. Alphaville“ and the "Forever Young - Super Deluxe Edition".

The name "Grant & Kelly Remix“results from a line in the second verse of the song: "….Like the Cary Grants and Kellys once before…“. This limited edition also features a special long version on the B-side.

Side A – “Sounds Like A Melody (Grant & Kelly Remix)”
Side B – “Sounds Like A Melody (Grant & Kelly Reimix-Extended Version)”

Te raconter enfin qu'il faut aimer la vie et l'aimer même si je suis fatigué du mensonge et de la vérité que je croyais si belle, que je voulais aimer et qui est si cruelle que je m'y suis brulé ... .
Last edited by Alphaxl; 05 Mar 2020 at 19:02.
Alphaxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2020, 09:01   #66
jetset
Dreamer

Note that it's a limited edition of 3,500 copies, better be fast :)

Auto-translated from german website Warnermusic:

Alphaville original keyboardist Bernhard Lloyd says: “We are very lucky that we still have the analog original multitrack tapes from our first album, and they are in excellent condition. Back in 1984 we didn't have enough time for a reasonable club remix, too many things happened at the same time, as you can imagine. So our 12-inch version was more or less just a long version of the single, which focused on the wonderful string arrangement towards the end. There was never a 'real' 12 ”remix of the original tapes. The new mix fills this gap in a very special way: it is both, authentic 1984 in the sound of 2020. We had a lot of fun with Blank & Jones playing around with the original tapes - thanks, guys!

Alphaville singer Marian Gold adds: “'Sounds Like A Melody' has always been the inconspicuous little sister of Big In Japan and Forever Young for me. This was because we were asked by our record label about the overwhelming success of Big In Japan, whether we could not write another 'hit' - which we did. For a long time, Sounds Like A Melody was something like the epitome of artificially constructed pop songs. How much I was wrong was revealed when Martin Lister, our musical director in the '90s, persuaded us to play the song at our concerts. Sounds Like A Melody became a real pearl in our setlist, and I realized that at the time we wrote it, we couldn't go wrong - brilliant little guys we were back then. They should live high! "

Blank & Jones: comment: “'Sounds Like A Melody' is one of our favorite songs from the 1980s. Not only being able to work on a new mix with the original multi-tracks, but also exchanging ideas with Marian and Bernhard and creating a version together is an absolute highlight for us as producers. ”

Last edited by jetset; 06 Mar 2020 at 09:18.
jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2020, 15:28   #67
Mart
Dreamer

There is a list of record shops that will be selling the Vinyl up on RSD
Here is the list of shops that are selling the record. Just type in your city

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/stores/

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Last edited by Mart; 06 Mar 2020 at 15:35.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2020, 16:25   #68
Halfnelson
Waiter

So there is one store near home. Won't have it and already too late to order! Then there is 4 more shops (> 200 km) I can go with train, none of them will have it. I begin to be slighty tired of those releases reserved for the happy few members of a secret society. Not impressed. Thanks to members of this forum for infos though. Looked nice but I won't spend a disproportionate price on ebay or else for 2 new versions. Maye I just should stop in wantin' to own each & every songs/version.

Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2020, 16:34   #69
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Here you find all the shops around the world where you can buy the vinyl when it´s released 18´04´2020: https://recordstoreday.com/Stores?country=select

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2020, 16:35   #70
Mart
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfnelson View Post
So there is one store near home. Won't have it and already too late to order! Then there is 4 more shops (> 200 km) I can go with train, none of them will have it. I begin to be slighty tired of those releases reserved for the happy few members of a secret society. Not impressed. Thanks to members of this forum for infos though. Looked nice but I won't spend a disproportionate price on ebay or else for 2 new versions. Maye I just should stop in wantin' to own each & every songs/version.

If the price is right, I can purchase two copies and send one onto you Halfy

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote