Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 28 Oct 2008, 02:07   #281
MalilaM
Random Motion

It's official. I can't handle Macs.

I have been asked to help someone that was having trouble with Windows XP and with Microsoft Office software, but after I crossed half the city to be at that office, they told me it was a Mac. I couldn't even find the files I needed in there.
Since there was an urgent document to make, I had to borrow a PC from a neighbour company and finish it.

I'm seriously considering to take an official training course to use them. [nonono]

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2008, 02:28   #282
Leningrad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalilaM View Post
It's official. I can't handle Macs.

I have been asked to help someone that was having trouble with Windows XP and with Microsoft Office software, but after I crossed half the city to be at that office, they told me it was a Mac. I couldn't even find the files I needed in there.
Since there was an urgent document to make, I had to borrow a PC from a neighbour company and finish it.

I'm seriously considering to take an official training course to use them. [nonono]
I hate macs too Malialm, once used a mac pro and i didnt like anything about it. When i tryed to open up the optical drive i looked at the CPU and looked for a button to pen it up and there was none. 10 minutes later i found the swith to be on the keyboard. crappy computer. the ipod is the only good thing that ever came from apple.
Leningrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2008, 10:09   #283
Mateusz
Banned

I think, that all then there is a training question. We wish standard PC, because we use their from beginning. Itself certainly on MAC that did not reform...
Mateusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2008, 15:30   #284
MalilaM
Random Motion

I don't hate anything, Leningrad. Mateusz is right. I just don't know their system, and for someone who has always worked with PCs their usage doesn't seem intuitive, even less when there is an urgent job to be done.

Oh well. If I start working steadily with this company I will definitely need a formal training to use them.

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2008, 19:45   #285
Leningrad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalilaM View Post
I don't hate anything, Leningrad. Mateusz is right. I just don't know their system, and for someone who has always worked with PCs their usage doesn't seem intuitive, even less when there is an urgent job to be done.

Oh well. If I start working steadily with this company I will definitely need a formal training to use them.
I wish everyone ran the same thing, had the same computer, spoke the same language. there are so many things that we just wish for, yet they never happen.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 23:30   #286
Lisa
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leningrad View Post
I wish everyone ran the same thing, had the same computer, spoke the same language. there are so many things that we just wish for, yet they never happen.
What?? I hope you're kidding. What a terribly boring world that should be.

And if everyone did everything in the same way - I wouldn't be able to feel sorry for all of you people that hasn't offered a couple of days just to learn, and get to know, the wonderful, beautiful, excellent and great Mac OS X

I guess I will never, ever buy a PC again, even though I've got a looot of experience and quite advanced knowledge about its operating system.
As I alwas say, and I'm actually quite sure about it - a person that hasn't even touched a computer before should learn how to work in OS X much faster than in Windows.

'It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice'- Sir John Marks Templeton
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2008, 01:07   #287
Jonatan
Arranged in White

I still say DOS is the best.

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2008, 01:46   #288
Leningrad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonatan View Post
I still say DOS is the best.
Yeah, i agree!! (sarcasm) [smile2]
Old 28 Nov 2008, 17:18   #289
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Maybe here someone can help.

On my old pc I used Outlook Express because I was able to download my e-mails from Hotmal and my POP3 accounts.
On this new pc with Vista there is no more Outlook Express, but I have Windows Mail. This one doesn't support anymore the download of e-mails from Hotmail accounts.

It seems to be impossible to install Outlook Express under Windows Vista.
Anyone knows a good replacement? The application should be able to download e-mails from Hotmail.

Thanks!

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2008, 19:02   #290
wii
Dream Master

Oh yes, Mozilla Thunderbird is the best:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/all.html