Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Dream Polls > Dream Polls

Poll: Will you join the concerts at the Whisky-A-Go-Go in LA in 2018?
Poll Options
Will you join the concerts at the Whisky-A-Go-Go in LA in 2018?

Old 09 Oct 2017, 16:22   #1
andrewbw
Dreamer

Will you join the concerts at the Whisky-A-Go-Go in LA in 2018?

http://www.alphavilleusa.com/

Ultimate Band Experience With Alphaville!

Hello USA Alphaville Fans!
We have a newly reduced pricing options for the Ultimate Band Experience with Alphaville in May! Happy Thanksgiving to you and here is our Black Friday gift to you!

We are now able to provide a live streaming option for all those who cannot come to Los Angeles. This has allowed us to offer a better package price for those who still want to attend.

Updated Package price:

- The new VIP package price is $899!
- The hotel add on is only $420 (dbl occ) & $770 (sgl occ)

2 Live Streaming Options for those who cannot attend (Both of these are excellent gifts for the season!)

- The live streaming + full box set – Blu-ray/DVD/Audio CD/Book will cost $199 if purchased by January 1st 2018.
- The Live streaming only option cost is $39.99 if ordered by January 1st 2018.

All of the details are at http://www.alphavilleusa.com/packages.html

This will allow many more fans to participate both in coming to L.A. and watch it live from around the world. No one will be left out…

Regards, LA Concert Group

---------------------------------------

I'm sort of surprised there's not more discussion about this already here (maybe that's just because this is a show in the US and our European friends are like, "psssht" :D )

Sounds like an incredible experience (four days, two concerts, numerous meet-and-greets with the band, etc.) and I'm glad Marian is going to achieve his life-long dream of performing at the Whisky, but:

$2400 (or $1600) per person is a lot of money. I think any of us here would qualify as "super fans" of the band, but is anyone here thinking of going?

Let me be super clear: I am in no way criticizing Marian or the band's ability to make money. They should reap whatever rewards they can however they can. I hope this event sells out, and quickly. I suspect this will be an expensive production to put on, between the marquee venue, taking over a hotel, etc. I am merely rolling around in my head if the level that has been set here is realistic.

What does everyone else think? About the event, the idea of a band (any band, not just Alphaville) putting together an exclusive, weekend-long experience like this, etc? If you're not interested, what would it take for you to become interested?
Last edited by wii; 28 Nov 2017 at 20:17.
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2017, 17:25   #2
nicole
Dreamer

I think Marian living his dream is great! He deserves it and after all those years of hard work, he owes it to himself. If I had the money I’d love to go. It bothers me because I live in Illinois and California is just a 4 hour plane ride, which is nothing. It’s just so expensive; the VIP package and of course the plane tickets. I don’t have that kind of money and it is disappointing that I am unable to go. However, I was fortunate enough to be able to meet Marian at the Chicago show several months ago and thought I’d never had that opportunity. I hope those who go have an amazing time!

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2017, 18:46   #3
andrewbw
Dreamer

Yeah, what was at the center of my thinking as I wrote my post was, "Could I afford this? Yes. But am I interested enough to spend that amount of money seeing Alphaville? I'm not so sure." And for a similar reason as you, Nicole: I'm grateful I got the chance to finally see AV live this summer. With that, my desire to spend this sort of money to see them again is diminished, regardless of how lavish and unique the experience will be.
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2017, 19:14   #4
Clare
Alphanut

I'm seriously considering it. The fact that's putting me off is how inaccessible it will be for many of my friends.

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2017, 00:35   #5
Foolship1077
Travelling Companion

Is it any wonder why it's only 500 tickets?

I may not be able to head down there, but hopefully, it's part of another US tour. Maybe to some new locations...

(Please come to Seattle...)

Hello, my friend...
Foolship1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2017, 03:19   #6
MalilaM
Random Motion

Well, just for the sake of the band, I hope it's sold out and Marian has a great time, but I've seen many AV hardcore fans being put off by the steep prices and this all-or-nothing package.

@Foolship: It's a small venue, and only that amount of people can fit.
For what it's been said, it's not a new tour, but Marian's fulfilled dream to play at the Whisky a Go Go, where many important artists have played or even started their careers.

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2017, 10:36   #7
wii
Dream Master

Andrew, you are right, we should be talking about this. I added a poll to the thread, let's see how that goes. I voted no, just too expensive. If an option comes up with concerts only for a fraction of the cost, I would consider it, but I doubt that will happen.

Very few fans I know about will join this because of the costs, but we'll see
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2017, 12:38   #8
4everyoung
Dreamer

I'll go if someone pays the airfare hotel bill and tickets thank you
best wishes John btw I'm in the UK.
Last edited by wii; 10 Oct 2017 at 13:47.
4everyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2017, 14:36   #9
AmberVonAvalon
Dreamer

I'm excited about it. I spent that much to go to Cancun to see Alphaville last year and this offers more goodies.

My friend Kian will be coming with me (she also joined me in Cancun last year and two shows in August this year in California)

Now the party's over, I'm so tired ~ Then I see you coming out of nowhere
Much communication in a motion ~ Without conversation or a notion
Avalon
AmberVonAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2017, 14:51   #10
Halfnelson
Waiter

It's a no for me for obvious reasons. Great news for Marian.

As a fan obsessed in having all songs in all their published versions, the exclusive audio/videos goodies sounds like a double penalty for us. Hopefully they will be available in the coming years.

Anyway, Marian will fullfill one of his dearest dream & I'm sincerily very happy for him. Have a great times all of U, happy tax-payers! Don't be strangers for reports & memories!

Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote