Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Other Artists > Other Artists

Old 13 Jan 2003, 22:29   #11
wii
Dream Master

Great track - love the synths, a little dark, but not too much for my taste - the voice is interesting.
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2003, 23:44   #12
Avil
The dream

Jonatan, have you heard their first album?

I like their new material, their new album Awakening will be released next month, so excited!!
But I wouldn´t say they are dark at all, just ordinary synth.

As you might now, one of the members left Iris, and was replaced with another guy, and I don´t hear the difference!! It´s great.
However, Iris really got a great vocalist!
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2003, 16:03   #13
Jonatan
Arranged in White

Yeah I heard their first album. The songs were far too sweet for me, except for "Annie would I lie to You".

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2003, 21:02   #14
Avil
The dream

Sweet wouldn´t be the exact world to desribe them.
Their first album Disconnect is one of few full-lenghts I really like, all songs! It´s a perfect album.
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2004, 21:36   #15
Mags
Moonshine

I had a total blast last night!!!! [bouncy]

I love Iris! A friend played Disconnect for me just before I moved to Berlin and I have been searching for it ever since...so last night when I went to the De/Vision show I was very surprised and happy to see that Iris was opening. It was their first time ever in Europe (they're from Texas, US), they did a great job!

So, after the concert I was so mad at myself when I saw that Iris was selling their CDs, and I didn't have enough money to buy them . Just the same I went to talk to Iris (Reagan & Andrew, both really cute by the way...) who were signing the CD inlets...they were psyched there was someone at the show who knew their music, and from the US...so we talked and talked, they gave me their two albums [smile2], and invited me to hang out with them and De/Vision backstage. Way way cool...I had so much fun!!!

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2004, 21:40   #16
Mags
Moonshine

I really love both the albums - Awakening is deeper sounding, more emotive than Disconnect. I need to think about it to decide which are my favourites. Iris's website is www.irismusic.com . I think they have some music samples there...

btw - Reagan (the singer) thinks Forever Young is one of the greatest, most timeless songs ever written. He was quite surprised to meet someone who knew all of Alphaville's and a-ha's albums .

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Old 26 Jan 2004, 22:07   #17
Jonatan
Arranged in White

That is great Mags!!!
I love Awakening! It's much better than Disconnect IMHO.
Iris is the hope for the American synth scene (which isn't that good to be honest....).

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:11   #18
Mags
Moonshine

@Jonatan....so true. The synth scene is so much better in Europe...it is rather sad in the US.

Old 14 Jul 2004, 22:09   #19
Mags
Moonshine

Iris is playing a festival in Sweden this Friday....have no idea if it is close to any of you but I would highly recommend going to hear them if you can. They played a great concert in January and were very nice to talk to people afterwards . The festival's website is www.arvikafestivalen.se .

They are also doing a small tour in the US in August.

www.irismusic.com

Old 18 Jul 2004, 20:15   #20
Dingerz
Dreamer

I have yet to see them live. Hopefully they will be playing in Vegas this spring with mesh!! I am so excited over that.

Tara :)

Have concert? Will travel!
Dingerz is offline   Reply With Quote