Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 20 Feb 2020, 14:59   #51
cercle
Dreamer

Facebook post Official Page : Alphaville Writing Crew 2020 working on "Channing Way" for the upcoming album "Thunderbaby": Jakob Kiersch, Carsten Brocker, Blacky Schwarz-Ruszczynski and Marian Gold

Good to hear of some progress on the album
cercle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2020, 08:53   #52
cercle
Dreamer

Extra news on the offical website :

Here’s the news: Last week we wrote 6 great new songs:
1.) No title so far for this one
2.) Channing Way
3.) Mad Tornado
4.) Truth
5.) Days like These
6.) Archangel
Seems the album’s direction will be kind of spiritual. On “Archangel” Jakob played a heavenly drumsolo. I think it’s about time for drumsolos.
Peace to all our friends and fuck them Nazis.
Marian, Carsten, Jakob & Bläcky

Hopefully this means we can hear new Alphaville music in the near? future !
cercle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2020, 20:14   #53
jetset
Dreamer

Fun fact, Thunder Bay is a canadian city in Ontario.

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2020, 20:56   #54
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Dear Friends,

here’s the latest news from Alphaville: This weekend THUNDERBABY came to an unexpected halt because the studio’s preamp called it a day. We are hoping to get it repaired until next mid-week.

And the songs? Well, there are two kinds of songs. The ones we’ve written in the past but are still waiting for their final touches and the brand new ones, the „production babes“ as it were. Which explains part of the album’s working title. We will soon present a demo version of a song from the first category in our „Corona songs“-series. And what about the „babes“ of the second category? Listening through them recently they derive from a darker and rather melancholic departement. We need happy songs too! Any ideas for more refreshingly subjects besides falling in love with someone?

Overall we are on a roll concerning THUNDERBABY and I hope by giving you continuous updates it tricks us into more discipline regarding dead-lines and agreements of the production. So, from today’s point of view it may well be that we’re completing the album by the end of the year. The unfortunate principal reason for this un-Alphavillish fast progress is the Corona crisis which gives us a lot of additional time due to this years’ many cancelled shows. Nevertheless we hope we can start touring again in the near future.This is by far the longest break in Alphaville’s touring history since 1995 and we really begin to miss you.

And what about next week’s ditty? It is a song you all know pretty well but it comes as a never released remix version. And we have a new fellow on board of our „Corona-Songs“ project: Rick Kay, since decades responsible for Alphaville’s stage lighting, who provided monday’s upcoming video with the background imagery. We hope you will enjoy the song and thanks for travelling together with us.

Marian, David, Jakob, Carsten, Alex, Tobi, Rick & Claudia
(April 25th, 2020)

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2020, 13:37   #55
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

This is very exciting,the album will be completed in the end of the year if so we probably can expect a release
early 2021,but usually it will be AV time but we will see.

If I read this info right Marian want ideas of fast paced uptempo songs so here is my suggestions

1-Question of Happiness :Great song maybe a little long for an album but if the middle part(the talking part)
would be shortened or skipped. it will fit perfect on any album and should be a great single

2-Criminal Girl : Amazing track,great Chorus

3-Gallery : Please make a studio recording and release this wonderful song,All fans will love that

4-Over the hills and far away : This song seems a Little forgotten but its good and will be wonderful on an album

5-My very blood : Great Live track which has no studioversion,will be a perfect album track

6-Eternally yours : Never heard this song but rumours said its an uptempo synthsong and thats good for me
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2020, 11:12   #56
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

I say like this

2!!!!
4!!

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2020, 23:51   #57
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Well, "my very blood" does have sort of a studio version: Beyond the Laughing Sky. That's what it has evolved into, as you can see in the lyrics. However, musically there is nothing left of the original "source material". Therefore, however, I would not expect it to manifest itself again, ever (which is a pity, cause as much as I like BTLS, I also really liked the original MVB).

I would 100000% embrace the slightest opportunity of having Gallery on tape. It's one of the best Alphaville songs ever, and I haven't given up my hopes (although faint) that the band will pick up on this again. It's one of those songs that Martin really put his stamp on, thus it would make a sweet reminiscence.

Over the hills... have I missed something? How comes some of you know the song? I cannot remember it ever being played live or streamed online...

And Questions of Happiness: you absolutely, positively cannot cut out or shorten the middle part without somewhat neutering this brilliant song!

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2020, 17:43   #58
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetside Romeo View Post

And Questions of Happiness: you absolutely, positively cannot cut out or shorten the middle part without somewhat neutering this brilliant song!
You are right Q.O.H is a great song and I agree thats why I put is as no.1 but I Think it would be
even better without that middle part,so that I hope for.
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2020, 17:56   #59
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajak View Post
You are right Q.O.H is a great song and I agree thats why I put is as no.1 but I Think it would be
even better without that middle part,so that I hope for.

Ah, this is a bit like the general reception / qualms people have with that Für Dich song. Lots of people are very mixed on Kai's singing style in that song and, from my observations, most people like the "Marian solo" mix the most.

QOH could easily be releasable in its current state, but some people would be mixed about the mid-section. The rest of the track is incredibly solid though.
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2020, 12:15   #60
Halfnelson
Waiter

Mid-section is essential to the song imo. First part is effective, but nothing we didn't already heard. Then comes the break with all those SF sounds, c'mon this is my favorite room in the AV tower since ever. And when the last part start, this is pure ecstasy thanks to the middle section.

Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote