Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Merchandise

Old 27 Sep 2003, 06:44   #21
poul e
Dream Keeper

I want all songs & remixes made by Alphaville, but some of them are very hard to find because they only exist on promos.

Examples: Feathers & tar, Wishful thinking, Romoes, Mysteries of love, And I wonder, Fools & DWM 2001. All these promos contain some versions not found elsewhere.....maybe we now know what's on the upcoming "Rarities" album????

Those sort of promos would be cool to get. But as it's only possible to buy them at places like e-bay I very rarely get my hands on them because I can't afford to buy such expensive records. That's why I said that it would be great if it was possible to buy some promos from Moonbase!!! It doesn't matter to me just how rare these promos are....I just want all Alphaville songs & remixes!!!
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2003, 14:31   #22
Kaz
Her...

@ Poul_e
Maybe you've just hit the nail on the head! This could be what's on the 'Rarities' album...

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2003, 17:56   #23
russharvey
Dream Keeper

speaking of Rarities.....sure wish they would tell us what really is on this album...... the suspense is really killing me!!!

As for ebay.... I think we can all agree that its a great place to find the stuff you are looking for. The only problem I have with ebay is the prices get out of hand - does anyone else remember when the Feathers and Tar Promo CD was auctioned off at over 300 dollars? yikes!

As for what Dingerz said.... yes, the chase and the capture of something rare is truly indeed most of the thrill!

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2003, 16:08   #24
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Hmm...Iīm a collecter I think. I know the begining of my collection....I had some albums and so from Alphaville and was listening at the internet broadcasting channel "Ivory Tower" and heard a song from Marian Goldīs solo-album "So Long Celeste"...I just hade to get a copy after that....I took a look at eBay and found a ex...It was my after some days and 25 USD later....And from that day I just want to have all the stuff that Alphaville have made and make...I just love to take a look at the diffrent covers, listen to new songs (remixes and so on)...take a day and listen thru all my vinyls....and having a beer... I donīt want to pay to mutch fo the rarites, but somethimes I just have to pay...I love my Alphaville collection...

@Jonatan: Just say a date and we will have the Alphaville-PARTY!!! A weekend just with Alphaville music....and beer. I know some more that wantīs to come that weekend...

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2003, 23:40   #25
Kaz
Her...

I own all the albums but no singles. It's just that I never see the point in having them all. Maybe I'm not that enthusiastic.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2003, 00:00   #26
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

I'm not a collector... at all.

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2003, 02:26   #27
Valdemar
Dreamer

What's the most rare Alphaville article?

Remember, what's rare for one, perhaps isn't rare for another...

But, what's the most hard to find article, or the most wanted for old and new fans?

V

... Is everybody in?
The ceremony is about to begin.
Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2003, 02:49   #28
russharvey
Dream Keeper

Well, the most rare item that I know of is Bernhard's Atlantic Popes Promo CD Single for World called Twelve Inch World - he made them himself and I think only 50 were made so that makes it pretty rare.....

As for Alphaville as a whole, I don't have any numbers but here is a list of some very rare items:

Feathers and Tar Promo CD Single (was never released as single)
Today Promo CD Single (was never released as single)
History Cassette (only given to fanclub members in 1993)
WEA Flame Promo CD Single (never released as a single)
Dance With Me Paul van dyk Promo CD Single (I think it was only 500 - 1000 made)
Forever Young 2001 Promo CD Single (flopped - so the DWM promo was used instead - only think 500 exist)
Elegy Bonus CD Single (only 700 made)

I am sure that what makes an item rare might be that demand exceeds what is actually out there, but I would pick these to be rare simply because not a lot of them existed in the first place.....

Not sure about the vinyl, but I believe the rarest of those would be the Sensations 12" vinyl Single but I am sure there are more, like the white label dj promo of BIJ 92......

Oh yeah, legend has it that there exists a Salvation promo cassette..... but until I know somebody who has it, its still just a rumor!! ;)

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:47   #29
poul e
Dream Keeper

@Russ: There's also these:

Dance wit me 2001 (only VERY few were made with the misprint - and I have one of them )
Jerusalem 12" (very hard to find in Scandinavia!)
Romeos 12" (with Tribal Mixes - very hard to find in Scandinavia!)

I didn't know that only 50 copies of the "World CD single" were made! How does the cover really look like? I have a CDR with white cover made from ordinary paper with just "World - Atlantic Popes" written on it.

And I think more or less all promos are rare....I'd really like to find Wishful thinking 12" with the remixes not included elsewhere!!
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2003, 08:16   #30
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

@Russ: take a look at my collection....www.krapplund.com/collection...maybe you find some rumos

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote