Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Merchandise

Old 02 Feb 2004, 15:10   #21
Mags
Moonshine

Okay, I want one . People have such cool stuff...

Thanks Peter! Question, I can't remember seeing that promo pic with Marian, Ricky and Bernd...is that against the Berlin Wall? It is kind of little to see...

(Two of my greatest loves in one picture...that would be awesome!)

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2004, 13:13   #22
paulg
My Little Hideaway

Have been home sorting out a few things and came across a very interesting letter I recieved from Alphaville that pre-dates the Moonpapers!

I wrote to them in 1989 asking if they had a fan club and recived a reply (on nice Breathtaking Blue artwork paper) from someone called Marion? 27. They said they answered all Alphavilles post as they were too busy and they didn't have a fanclub (I was too early for the Moonpapers [irked]).

The letter also contained a signed postcard band shot/breathtaking blue card,hand typed Biography and Discography (only up to May 87?), a merchandising card and most interestingly 2 sheets of contact information (about 180 names) for other Alphaville fans around the world.

There was even a local fan club in my home city (Oldbrook, Milton Keynes!) called 20th Century. I remember writing and did not get a reply.

I had a scan through the names and don't recognise many but it does make interesting reading. There are a few from the UK, Karen Cambell (Glasgow), Kay Hatfield (Carlisle), Yvette Dean (London) and Simon Horton (Walsall).

Did anyone get anything similiar, know who Marion is or recognise any of the UK names?
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2004, 05:53   #23
lassie
Dreamer

Hi Paul,

I remembered some of things about Marion from what I had read on AV related websites.

"Marion is the woman who has answered the Alphaville fan mail since 1988. Since 1992 she has been in charge of the international fanclub."

Scroll to the bottem of this Source Article

I also seem to remember Bernhard LLoyd saying somewhere that Marion now works with the management of Ramstein
lassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2004, 10:47   #24
Kaz
Her...

I think Kay Hatfield is the Kay who went to Lommel with us last year. Haven't heard from her since then though.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2004, 10:50   #25
jetset
Dreamer

Quote:
quote:[i]Did anyone get anything similiar, know who Marion is or recognise any of the UK names?
I did. A previous letter included a full list of AV fan-clubs worldwide.

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote