Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 07 Aug 2017, 05:19   #41
andrewbw
Dreamer

Tell us more of what the meet-and-greet was like! How much time did you get to spend with the band, how structured was it, etc? Awesome photo!
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2017, 05:40   #42
nicole
Dreamer

Thank you so much! Marian is so sweet! We all went in a small room behind the stage and waited for a while. I was so excited and nervous! Anyways, Marian just comes walking in along with the other band members. We all waited in a line and unfortunately didn't have too much time but I got great pictures along with a few autographs! Marian saw my phone case (my case is a picture of Limahl, my other favorite singer) and said "oh he played in Berlin a few weeks ago! Very nice guy!" Haha I started laughing! He was very nice and talkative! I really didn't know what to say because I was so nervous but he made me feel so comfortable! It was an amazing experience I hope to have again!

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2017, 08:52   #43
Clare
Alphanut

I'm so glad that it worked out Nicole! That's a great photo!

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2017, 09:04   #44
Kaz
Her...

Lovely photo, Nicole! Thanks for sharing. So glad you got to meet Marian.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2017, 14:21   #45
nicole
Dreamer

Thank you both so much! It was a lovely experience! Marian is wonderful! I really hope to see him again!

Old 07 Aug 2017, 18:38   #46
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

The concert was an absolute treat to go to. It blows my mind that he was hitting the high notes so effortlessly! I especially smiled as hard as I could when they played Around The Universe <3 Gosh... though I didn't get to meet him (I really wanted to), I at least got to see him in person and my gosh it was magical to see the man who is responsible for such a huge wealth of wonderful music. I also liked it when he was talking about Nevermore before they played it. It gave some insight on the production of that song (I always love to hear about the evolution of his songs).

I'm glad you had fun, Nicole. I know I did!
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2017, 18:53   #47
andrewbw
Dreamer

From all the videos of the US shows so far on YouTube, it looks like the band is really enjoying themselves which is great! I hope it's all gone smoothly despite the somewhat crazy schedule: Houston to New York to Chicago in three days. Glad they get a few days off now. Exited to see it for myself in San Jose at the end of the week.

Kinda hard to believe Forever Young was one of the first LP's I ever bought, and I'm just now seeing them live, only... 33 years later? :D
Last edited by andrewbw; 07 Aug 2017 at 18:55.
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2017, 19:07   #48
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

I started listening to him in 2012, and it was by pure accident in a way. A person was listening to Jay Z's Forever Young remix / cover and I liked it so I looked it up and found the original. I listened to it and liked it somewhat at least, and, for whatever reason, I told myself to look up their other stuff. I started with Fallen Angel, and then went to Sounds Like a Melody, and then to Big in Japan and then to their latest album (which was CROG, and I remember seeing Strange Attractor-related stuff that far back on their Facebook page... A promo image, to be exact). I was hooked pretty much immediately. His deep, poetic lyrics and the catchy-as-hell music to accompany the lyrics is just pure bliss. For many years I've watched concerts of theirs and I was just blown away at how good he is and I just knew I had to see him for myself. We got the tickets to the Chicago show, and yesterday I got up at 5 AM and managed to stay up from that time up until 5 AM today, so I stayed up 24 damn hours, but you know what? I finally got to see him, and that's justifiable enough to me. :)
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2017, 20:34   #49
nicole
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianGoldfan123 View Post
The concert was an absolute treat to go to. It blows my mind that he was hitting the high notes so effortlessly! I especially smiled as hard as I could when they played Around The Universe <3 Gosh... though I didn't get to meet him (I really wanted to), I at least got to see him in person and my gosh it was magical to see the man who is responsible for such a huge wealth of wonderful music. I also liked it when he was talking about Nevermore before they played it. It gave some insight on the production of that song (I always love to hear about the evolution of his songs).

I'm glad you had fun, Nicole. I know I did!
Thank you so much! I'm glad you had a wonderful time as well!! This concert was amazing! I can't stop thinking about it! It was a great experience I hope to relive again!

Old 08 Aug 2017, 16:21   #50
Dingerz
Dreamer

I wanted to post my front row pictures from the NY show here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/297548...57687230328296

The show was fantastic and I had so much fun seeing my felllow AV fans again. I'll write more later as I am pressed for time but they need to play more often here. ; )

Have concert? Will travel!
Dingerz is offline   Reply With Quote