Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Merchandise

Old 26 Sep 2003, 17:33   #11
Kaz
Her...

As far as the promo having served its purpose, I disagree completely. We haven't even started to get it here in the UK yet and won't for a few months more...

I think you missed my point of my first post entirely. I never said there was anything wrong in owning the promo, I just said (in reply to someone else's opinion) that we won't get it offered to us from Moonbase because it's not meant for us. By all means, if it is for sale on ebay (or whatever), then buy one. I never said either that owning one would deny Alphaville any promotional opportunities. If you feel the need to have one, then have one. That was not my point anyway.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2003, 17:33   #12
russharvey
Dream Keeper

yeah that Mars Attax Mix of Wishful Thinking rocks doesn't it?

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2003, 17:37   #13
wii
Dream Master

Oh no, itīs the Extended Version on the 5" CD promo, 6.13 of pure pleasure, compared to the single version, which is 3.58 ! Both mixes by Turbobeat - very rare...

Itīs only available on this promo: WEA PRO6280/PRCD618
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2003, 17:52   #14
russharvey
Dream Keeper

KAZ - I responded as I did not because I MISSED your point - you said you didn't see the point of collecting so I simply tried to enlighten you.... guess I failed! hehe

You have to look at the promos on an individual basis not on a country by country viewpoint. Besides that.... how do you know that no radio stations in the UK have received it? Maybe it was never meant to be sent there in the first place? As for the excerpts promo I think it was meant to be a promo for record labels, not radio stations so I don't think any stations received it at all - but I could be wrong.

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
Old 26 Sep 2003, 17:56   #15
russharvey
Dream Keeper

Oh yes, Willy - I have that one, but I still prefer the version from the 12" vinyl better!!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by wii

Oh no, itīs the Extended Version on the 5" CD promo, 6.13 of pure pleasure, compared to the single version, which is 3.58 ! Both mixes by Turbobeat - very rare...

Itīs only available on this promo: WEA PRO6280/PRCD618

Old 26 Sep 2003, 18:03   #16
Kaz
Her...

@ Russ

No, that was in response to my second post - I've already stated what I meant with my original one, which is when you then went on about collecting No matter...horses for courses...

As far as knowing whether radio stations in the UK have the promo disc or not, I just know.

Old 26 Sep 2003, 18:12   #17
russharvey
Dream Keeper

no need to get rude now just because you don't collect! If you didn't mean what you meant in the second post then you shouldn't have posted! every post is fair game for a response so you should expect it.

as for the secret that you have - glad to know that you know it!!

Old 26 Sep 2003, 20:39   #18
Dingerz
Dreamer

I am a huuge collector and I love getting my hands on promos. No, they aren't made for the fans per say - they are made to promote. However, as Willy said - they often are wanted because they have different artwork/edits/mixes on them that you can't get elsewhere.

Now as for what russ said. It would be cool in some ways if we could just by the promos from the artists, but on the other hand that would make promos not so easily treasured. Face it, I think half the fun of collecting is the chase.. If it takes you a while to get your hands on it, or to score a deal (instead of paying an arm and a leg for it) then when you finally DO have it, it's like mission accomplished. Being able to buy promos from the artists would therefore not make them promos. So I think it should be hard to get them. That is the point behind collecting (well hard core collecting as opposed to normal collecting as in get all the releases of your fav band) Same thing with t-shirts, posters, etc. It is the rarity of such items that makes collecting fun and worthile. (not to mention worth the wait to get items.)

Anyways, that's my take.

Tara :)

Have concert? Will travel!
Dingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2003, 20:56   #19
Kaz
Her...

@ Russ

Excuse me??? Me being rude? Exactly where at? And as for meaning what I post, I mean every word. Just read what I write and understand it is all I ask.

Secret? There are no secrets.

Old 26 Sep 2003, 20:57   #20
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lassie

I thought this was funny too.

We havent seen this one before, so I smell bootleg.

They like to do that kind of stuff here. I see russian letters on cover. They just take songs from First Harvest, make new cover and get new CD. [smile2]

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote