Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Other Artists > Other Artists

Old 26 Jun 2019, 19:38   #51
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wii View Post
Yeah, I would love to see David Sterry live, I'm in

Coolio! I just learned the are releasing a new album in july. Hopefully not another best of
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2019, 09:52   #52
wii
Dream Master

My favorite track from Real Life has always been this one, specially the extended version. I had this on vinyl back then in the 80's

wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2019, 17:26   #53
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Quote:
My favorite track from Real Life has always been this one, specially the extended version. I had this on vinyl back then in the 80's

My fav is „Openhearted“.
Still own all these vinyls :-)
Old 20 Oct 2019, 20:37   #54
wii
Dream Master

Tobi, I'm in for Hamburg

https://www.facebook.com/events/717013438731441
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2019, 22:19   #55
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Quote:

Oh cool! I‘ll be with my sis at the show. Happy to see you there :-)
Old 29 Dec 2019, 16:31   #56
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

See http://www.reallifemusic.net - they have released a compendium of snippets from their new album with the nice name „sirens“ which is announced to be on iTunes etc next week.
Personally I find the new tracks very disappointing as they clearly reflect Sterrys limited songwriting skills. I hoped he took advantage of the cool band that supports him on tour to create something more original, maybe even more contemporary. Whatever - this is just my opinion, and I am sure other than me many on the forum will love the new music.
Old 09 Feb 2020, 20:17   #57
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Back from the REAL LIFE concert in Hamburg. What can I report? David Sterry was sympathetic. More than I expected. Really. The show itself has been relocated to the smallest venue available, probably due to the minimum sales. I felt sorry for the band as well as for the people buying VIP tix guaranteeing them a meet & greet plus 4 items to be signed and a VIP area in front of stage (which wasn’t available due to the tiny new location). I think prices for that were like 120€ whereas regulare tix were about 50€ - which I felt was quite optimistic.
Sterry and band played a nice set of Songs, but unfortunately most of them felt very mechanic, they lacked drive. I felt like listening to some kind of cover band that came together for the very first time (thinking twice, probably that observation isn‘t too wrong). I might sound harsh and I really feel sorry for that, but that was how I experienced this shorty of a one-hour show without encore, even though the audience really made clear they wanted more.
A short hello from the band after the show - no.
How does it leave you seeing a band you once loved after a quarter of a decade? I stroll home, looking forward to the next show of alphaVille, Iron Maiden or Ghost.