Old 09 May 2003, 10:17   #1
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

A new chapter of Alphaville!!

Some news from Moonbase:

may 08, 2003
HISTORY UPDATE

the history section has been updated. please take a look right [here] if you want to know what happend so far in 2003. (only in german, updated english version available very soon)

Like we now know Bernhard not a part of Alphaville and I notis before that Martin Lister could be a part of Alphaville and we know that Rainer Bloss have been a part of Alphaville since several years....

So how will Alphaville be in some years....[question]

- Marian Gold
- Rainer Bloss
- Martin Lister

Some more that will take part of the show [question]

For me it looks good what Alphaville are now/will be.....but I will always MISS BERNHARD!!!

Just take a look at my profile signature

Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2003, 10:56   #2
Adiville
big in japan

I think that the official Alphaville will be only Marian but he will continue to work with several talented people such as : Rainer, Martin, Klaus......

"Ok Adi, this song is for you..." Freiberg 13.8.2005
Adiville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2003, 11:53   #3
Mags
Moonshine

When I think about the "evolution" of Alphaville, I try to think to myself that Alphaville is a feeling, a vision, a way of seeing the world, somehow conveyed through the music...because to me that is what it is, much more than music .

I surprised myself with how much of the German I could understand on the Moonbase [graduate], and I'm sure we have much to look forward to! Still I agree with Peter - I will always miss Bernhard and the dream that accompanied him.

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2003, 11:58   #4
Kaz
Her...

I surprised myself with how much German I understood too at Moonbase! This home-study course must be working...

I know that Marian said in the fan club leaders' chat that he now sees Alphaville's creative centre as Martin, Rainer and himself. To be honest, I'm happy with the way Alphaville is, no matter who is a part of it or contributes to the music. I think it's exciting that a lot of new ideas and projects are coming out of this.

The one thing Alphaville cannot lose in my opinion is Marian. Without his voice and his wonderful poetry, there is no Alphaville. You can reproduce sounds but no-one can reproduce that fabulous voice. I understand where everyone is coming from about Bernhard and I truly wish him every success. I love what he is doing also.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2003, 12:21   #5
Adiville
big in japan

I've also learned some German since i've become involved with AV
Before them i didnt care about this language or this beautiful country !
This is really cool !
and sure ill miss Bernd, like all of you.......
but than again, what can we do ?
It was there decision and i believe they know what they are doing

"Ok Adi, this song is for you..." Freiberg 13.8.2005
Adiville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2003, 17:30   #6
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Yes, I miss Bernd also, but live goes on.

Alphaville without him isn't the same as with him, although I keep on loving AV, maybe on a different way.

I accept their decision, but deep in my heart I hope that one day we will have back our good old AV. As there is one thing in live that I have learbed is 'never say never'...

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2003, 17:33   #7
wii
Dream Master

Yeah, I will always listen to Alphaville, but itīs definately not the same without Bernd...[indifferent]
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2003, 21:11   #8
Agnes
Dreamer

Somehow I still couldn't get used to the fact that Bernd isn't the member of AV anymore... [cry] With the quit of Bernd AV lost that very special kind of... how should I call it? Fire? Passion? Spirit?... (What a pity my English is not so good at such situations... [ashamed] ) No matter what others say, no matter what the band known as Alphaville will do in the future - for me Alphaville is the band that gave us albums like "Forever Young" or "Afternoons in Utopia"... I must confess that for me it seems that Alphaville "died" at the quitting of Rick... Somehow "Salvation" doesn't include that kind of special spirit or passion - call whatever you'd like - that you can find at the previous albums... Don't misunderstand me: I LOVE "Salvation" and I LOVE Alphaville; THAT Alphaville where I can find the voice of Marian, the massive background work of Bernd, the musical dreams of Frank and the passionate melodies of Rick... With the leaving of Bernd we lost the last founding member of Alphaville... [cry] Thanks for letting me tell you my opinion. It is subjective and sentimental, but I didn't want to hurt anyone with it.

*** Say GOURANGA, and be happy! ***
Agnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2003, 22:53   #9
russharvey
Dream Keeper

I don't think of it as better or worse....... just different, and that's ok!

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2003, 00:19   #10
Clare
Alphanut

Don't we have a topic on this already???????

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote