Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > Fan Discographies, Music and Artwork

Old 22 Dec 2013, 10:21   #1
rolandk
Exclusive Fanclub Member

6 Best albums 2013

Soon the year is over and it is the time, to look back at the music that has been released 2013.

What has been your favourite album 2013??

For me two albums have influenced this year a lot.

No. 1: OMD - English Electric

Besides AV OMD is my favourite band and I was curious to hear their new album. If you haven´t already, I can only give you the advice: go, buy it and ENJOY! It is a perfect piece of music, one of the best albums they have ever released.
For a first glimpse listen to Dresden or Helen of Troy or Our System or Kissing the Machine or ... or ... or ....

When I take a look on which songs I have listened to the most on my iPod, this album occupies the positions 1-12. I guess, this says everything about how much I like this album. [smile2]

No. 2: Snömodd - Crossroad

Andreas, many of you will know him from this forum and/or personally, has released the first studio album of his project "Snömodd".
We know each other now for 15 years and I followed his musical development with a great interest over all the years and I knew, that one of his deepest wishes was, to finally release a "real" album.

This year this dream came true and I can only recommend his album to everyone of you, who loves good synth-orientated music.
If you want to get a glimpse of it, just search on iTunes for Snömodd and you can listen to excerpts of the songs.

For a first try I can recommend the songs "Look at the Rain" and the title song "Crossroad". My favourite is the bit more darker sounding "Ultrarapid", which is for me a mixture out of the best of Alphaville and Kraftwerk.

Do yourself a favour and listen to it! And if you like it, order a physical copy of it directly from Andreas here at the forum or download it on iTunes.
The CD has the advantage, that you can also enjoy the fantastic artwork, which was done by Krapplund.

So, enough about me... what has been your favourite album 2013???
Last edited by rolandk; 25 Dec 2013 at 22:18.
rolandk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2014, 11:40   #2
Andreas
Snömodd

Thanks Roland for the very nice words.

So what new music have I liked the most during 2013???

To start with: The album I have listened the very most to is naturally my own. I honestly love all the 12 songs, but they are my babies so why wouldn't I. This also means that this album is out of the competition, since it would be a conflict of interest

The new album I have listened the second most to is WHTC2, but here I also have participated so this album also goes out of the competition

During 2013 quite many of my heroes from my childhood and youth have released albums, but even if I in many cases expected it, they have been disappointments including just 0-3 good new songs per album.

So my winner is:
Lisa Miskovsky and the album "Umeå". This album includes two great songs ("Wild winds" and "Why start a fire") and eight good songs, all of them with nice arrangements and Lisa's fantastic voice.

2014 should though be a great music year. I am looking forward the very most to the releases from Morten Harket and Alphaville (here I hope for the best = that they do release an album). Hopefully there will also be a second Snömodd release during the year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL of you!
Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2014, 12:28   #3
wii
Dream Master

Easy choice:

ZYNIC - Blindsided
http://www.conzoomrecords.com/index....duct/view/1/26

Fantastic album and production, my favorite album of 2013, no doubt
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2014, 10:37   #4
hajak