Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 24 Jun 2004, 22:49   #21
Kaz
Her...

We wuz robbed!!! We definitely were! There was absolutely nothing wrong with that goal at the end of the 90 minutes. We should have won that match 2-1.

*wonders what the Swiss ref got as a pay off*

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2004, 23:04   #22
Jonatan
Arranged in White

@Kaz

I think the referee made the right decision. I thought like you first, but changed my mind when I saw the situation a couple of times more. You lost because you have a bad goalkeeper.

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2004, 23:09   #23
Kaz
Her...

We also lost because the penalty spot was bad when Beckham took his shot. It was only after that that everyone else realised.

Old 24 Jun 2004, 23:12   #24
Pronnmo
Dreamer

I'd rather say england lost because Portugal got a bit better goalie.
Great game!

:|^|:..and if rain brings winds of change, let it rain on us forever..:|^|:
Pronnmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2004, 23:16   #25
Jonatan
Arranged in White

@Kaz Maybe Beckham should have checked the spot before shooting?

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2004, 23:18   #26
Kaz
Her...

Maybe didn't look as bad to him as it turned out to be. Unusual for him to miss a penalty.

Old 25 Jun 2004, 00:27   #27
Pronnmo
Dreamer

About yesterdays game. I'm VERY impressed by the Czech team! To beat germany with 9! substituters on the pitch, with a few ordinary players coming in at the end is fantastic.
I believe they will win this.
Only way to beat them is not to score any goal until the 89:th minute, since they seem to beat any team that take the lead on them.
Crappy spelling, I know.

:|^|:..and if rain brings winds of change, let it rain on us forever..:|^|:
Pronnmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2004, 21:05   #28
Mags
Moonshine

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kaz
*puts curse on Portugal*
Have been doing this ever since late last night.....I don't care, I think that Portugal played a very mean game. That was absolutely low to hurt Rooney, and they kept trying to hurt people.......it was all too aggressive. I think it was very gray, whether that goal should have been allowed...but whether that was legit. or not, I find Portugal's behavior to be highly inappropriate and I pray they get their butts kicked in their next game.

(it is not often that Mags is mad enough to say the F word to complete strangers....)

Uggghhhhh I was so mad. So, so so mad......

I'm sad Germany lost , but the Czech. Rep. deserved to win, I think.

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2004, 21:33   #29
Kaz
Her...

@ Mags

Poor Rooney went over on his ankle and buggered up his meta tarsals. He's out for weeks now. I want to see the Czechs win now.

Old 26 Jun 2004, 08:06   #30
poul e
Dream Keeper

The "big" football nations are going out one by one....gone are now Italy, Spain, England, Germany & France....agruably those with the best leagues in Europe! Already through to the semifinals are Greece & Portugal and among the 4 remaining quarterfinalist is it only The Netherlands who have a league with European top teams (esp. PSV & Ajax). Tonight Sweden will play Holland and I expect another tight game which could go to extratime and penalties. Sweden will once again be underdogs and that suits them well....I wonder though if tonight will be the night that their luck runs out....they were very lucky against both Italy & Denmark! There's no doubt that Holland have the best players but if they have the best team is a whole different matter. It's a lot harder to make a set of world class players play like a team than a mix of world class and good players like the National teams from Greece, Denmark, Sweden & Czech Republic have!

My take on some much discussed things about the tournament so far:

Sweden vs Denmark 2-2: The Italians calls for a conspiracy....there is no such thing!! But I have no doubt that if it had been a match in the Italian Serie A it would have been a conspiracy. The Italians see conspiracies everywhere because they are used to them from home! Facts are that the Italians have played a very poor tournament and deserve to be out of it!

Czech Republic vs Holland 3-2: The best match so far in the tournament! Everybody thought (not least Holland) that the game was over when Holland took a 2-0 lead. But a fantastic comeback saw the Czechs win 3-2!!

Germany: Had a very poor tournament! For me they have 2 world class players in Kahn & Ballack. The defence and midfield are okay, but they have no attack. They thoroughly deserve to be out...especially as they could even get a result against the Czech reserves!!

England: They were very unlucky against France in the opening match after playing 90 very good minutes they threw it all away in injury time. They did what they had to do against Switzerland and played very well against Croatia! The quarterfinal against Portugal was a very even match with an early goal from England dictating how England played for the rest of the match. Some poor defending by John Terry (he was watching something else than the ball) gave the Portuguese an equalizer. The referee had some weird decisions I think....how could he give a freekick to Portugal when Rooney had his shoe kicked off (and hurt his foot in the process)??? It was also hard to see why he dissallowed Campbell's goal in the dying minutes of normal time, but it must have been because John Terry touched the goalkeeper.

Tomorrow's quarterfinal between Czech Republic and Denmark will be a real match for football lovers. 2 attacking shortpassing teams against eachother can only be a good match. May the best team win....and hopefully also win the tournament!
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote