Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 13 Mar 2017, 18:19   #1111
Gravitation
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetside Romeo View Post
I find it quite ridiculous to judge, review or discuss a yet-unpublished album based on low-quality 30-second snippets on third-party-vendor sites...

Why don't we all rejoice that the long-awaited new Alphaville album is only three-and-a-half weeks away at last, and allow a band we supposedly all love to develop and present their own, unique artistic vision?

Celebrate, be open, DIG IT...and if it won't grow on you over time - well, that's okay, too, because we are talking about art, not about a built-to-order consumer product, right?
Of course!
Gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2017, 19:12   #1112
humanracer
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare View Post
I loved TBB instantly and still do today but AIU was a disappointment to me.(I'm still not convinced.) We each look for different things in Alphaville. Being disappointed isn't offputting and quite often if I hear the songs live or in demo versions (as in the AIU era songs on Dreamscapes) I get them. Overproduction is what kills a song for me.
True. I love 80s production. Dance with me is an all time favourite. I also like acoustic versions. I appreciate not everyone likes that bombastic sound.
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2017, 19:20   #1113
humanracer
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeseven View Post
I wonder how it would be if it was mid-eighties today and we were awaiting the release of TBB, discussing first snippets (with not enough synths but contrabass, sax, piano, jazz-style,... and, of course, again, not enough synths).
I'm fairly odd in that I like ALL the albums.
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2017, 11:19   #1114
jetset
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman View Post
We will probably have to wait at least a month in North America before the album is available.
Grooves.Land (http://www.grooves-inc.com), based in Berlin, ships worldwide with only a 2 EUR charge for orders less than 20 EUR (when JPC charges 12.99 EUR for USA).

Both the CD and the LP are referenced.
http://www.grooves-inc.com/product_info.php/products_id/2097834088

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2017, 11:55   #1115
Arjan
Dreamer

Does anyone have some details on the bonus tracks on the LP version? Around and Handfull in different versions? Live, demos, unplugged?? Will there be a special edition CD with these bonustracks as well?
Arjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2017, 14:52   #1116
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Strange Attractor - New Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjan View Post
Does anyone have some details on the bonus tracks on the LP version? Around and Handfull in different versions? Live, demos, unplugged?? Will there be a special edition CD with these bonustracks as well?

Feel free to visit alphavillenow.com for the complete track listing. The bonus tracks will exclusively be available on the vinyl edition, filling the fourth side of this double album. The songs are demo versions, "actually forming kind of a mini-album of their own" as Marian stated. These tracks sound differently from the final album versions, of course.
It might be that they'll make it to an upcoming dreamscapes release.
Last edited by shapeseven; 19 Mar 2017 at 15:21.
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2017, 20:12   #1117
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

It feels kind of odd that its only a limited edition LP,so we without a turntable cant get the extra songs.

Of course there should have been a limited edition CD too.
hajak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2017, 20:31   #1118
mdeconno
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajak View Post
It feels kind of odd that its only a limited edition LP,so we without a turntable cant get the extra songs.

Of course there should have been a limited edition CD too.

I'm heading back to Berlin, Poland and Czech Republic in April for vacation, if there is a CD available at that time - I'll pick it up then. If not, then I'll pass on Strange Attractor.

I'm not going to do digital downloads or LPs, I only deal in physical CDs now, sorry.
mdeconno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2017, 21:20   #1119
emo72
Dreamer

where is the best place to order the vinyl album from? im in ireland.
emo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2017, 22:59   #1120
emo72
Dreamer

tried ordering it on mediamarkt but had issues due to the fact im in ireland and it wouldnt allow me to enter my address. if anyone finds a better way of ordering the vinyl let me know. thanks
emo72 is offline   Reply With Quote