Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 03 May 2017, 17:51   #1311
Gravitation
Dreamer

I'm small and my parents are 1993

https://youtu.be/jdCgzgvoIWE

I listened to Alphaville when I was not yet one year old

Who is now a true fan?
Last edited by Gravitation; 03 May 2017 at 17:55.
Gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2017, 20:16   #1312
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

You are And i understand why.... ITīS VICTORY OF LOVE!!!

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2017, 00:07   #1313
humanracer
Dreamer

Everyone hates it but I LOVE Sexyland. It's like the new wave sound of The Killers. It gets me a feel good mood whenever I hear it.
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2017, 10:42   #1314
Clare
Alphanut

I love it too. I know the subject is strange but I love the joy in it.

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2017, 11:09   #1315
emilzone
Guardian of the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanracer View Post
Everyone hates it but I LOVE Sexyland. It's like the new wave sound of The Killers. It gets me a feel good mood whenever I hear it.
The only track in SA I've been listening to for the last 4 weeks. I don't really care about other songs in the album

All we wanna be is free like the b.e.a.s.t. of the sea..
emilzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2017, 16:53   #1316
wii
Dream Master

Well, David and I spent some with the album.

We decided to create a top 13 of the best songs, 1 is the best, 13 is the worst.

W is Willy, D is David

Here's the list:

Giants: W7/D6
Marionettes with Halos: W12/D12
House of Ghosts: W2/D7
Around the Universe: W3/D5
Enigma: W4/D8
Mafia Island: W6/D4
A Handful of Darkness: W1/D1
Sexyland: W10/D11
Rendezvoyeur: W11/D13
Nevermore: W9/D9
Fever: W13/D10
Heartbreak City: W8/D3
Beyond the laughing Sky: W5/D2
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2017, 21:42   #1317
Slava
Dreamer

Hi folk!
As every educated person who can read and write I've made my choice and it was "to read" as for this forum, but I feel that the time to write has come ))) New album is just great, here's my score list/
10/10 - Beyond the Laughing Sky, Marionettes with Halos, Rendezvoyeur, Nevermore are the greatest new tunes I like without exceptions: all - the rhythm, the beat, the irony, the passion, the arrangements, the melody, David's and Andreas' guitars -all! I adore the "new" old structure of the song with the brake in the middle after the second chorus, these interruptions are just so pointful there.
9/10 - Enigma, Mafia Island, Heartbreak City - breathtaking ones, fresh and powerful. Like the vocal there.
8/10 - Giants, Sexyland, Fever!, House of Ghosts have been spinning in my head, can't say that I like them at 100% but do love!
7/10 - Around the Universe, A Handful of Darkness - good songs but too old and out of time a bit especially in comparison with other in terms of sound and production. It's like to try to do cooking something fresh when using the chicken frozen 12 years ago. Safe but not much tasty.
Total score remains extremely high anyway, great job guys and thank you so much!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2017, 07:20   #1318
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Hi folk!
As every educated person who can read and write I've made my choice and it was "to read" as for this forum, but I feel that the time to write has come ))) New album is just great, here's my score list/
10/10 - Beyond the Laughing Sky, Marionettes with Halos, Rendezvoyeur, Nevermore are the greatest new tunes I like without exceptions: all - the rhythm, the beat, the irony, the passion, the arrangements, the melody, David's and Andreas' guitars -all! I adore the "new" old structure of the song with the brake in the middle after the second chorus, these interruptions are just so pointful there.
9/10 - Enigma, Mafia Island, Heartbreak City - breathtaking ones, fresh and powerful. Like the vocal there.
8/10 - Giants, Sexyland, Fever!, House of Ghosts have been spinning in my head, can't say that I like them at 100% but do love!
7/10 - Around the Universe, A Handful of Darkness - good songs but too old and out of time a bit especially in comparison with other in terms of sound and production. It's like to try to do cooking something fresh when using the chicken frozen 12 years ago. Safe but not much tasty.
Total score remains extremely high anyway, great job guys and thank you so much!
Well,I totally disagree with you here.
Around the universe and A handful of darkness is for me the highlights of this album especially
A handful of darkness and yes they are old and actually made for CROG but now I am actually glad that they werent released on CROG because without these songs SA should be the weakest AV album by far.
This new rock-funk style or what we shall call it that is on SA is not Alphaville Music for me,
sounds more like some glam rockband from the 80s.
No Strange attractor is a big step in the wrong direction for Alphaville hopefully we will get the
pop and synths back on the next album,for me Alphaville is still the synths and Marians fantastic voice
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2017, 08:33   #1319
Arjan
Dreamer

I think I agree with Hajak on this. Without Around and Handful, Strange Attractor would be a rather thin album for me with only Enigma and House remaining as interesting tracks. After all these weeks SA is still frequently in my player because of Around and Handful.
Arjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2017, 10:23   #1320
Mumu
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Why does anyone want to say what AV must be ? They are what they want, and they have always done their best to try new things.

For me, Salvation and Prostitute were not what I enjoy the most. But I undersand and admit than the band can have new ideas, and try them.

So saying : this song or this CD is not my cup of tea, OK. We are all different, we don't enjoy the same things. But saying : this CD is not fine ? It's not fine for some people, but it's great for others. It is not good or bad for everyone.
Let's admit that we are all different, and that the band may do what they want. If they were due to make always the same kind of songs, let's bet that they would have given up doing new songs.

Whatever you do, never explain yourself : your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you.
Mumu is offline   Reply With Quote