Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 09 Sep 2003, 17:56   #1
Kaz
Her...

Before I die, let me do this...

Was reading online today that in a British survey of what people really want to achieve before they shuffle off this mortal coil, the top activity is swimming with dolphins.

Made me think of an idea for here. What would we all like to do before we die? Doesn't have to be only one thing - maybe a top three of what we really want to achieve?

Mine, for instance, would go something like this:

1. Fly in a hot air balloon
2. Sing with Marian (officially of course)
3. Travel the world.

Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2003, 18:13   #2
wii
Dream Master

Travel around the world.
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2003, 18:18   #3
Joker
Dreamer

That is a very hard question, because if I really think deeply about it I can only say that I want to live my life the best way I can and try to keep the things I already gained.

Other things are not that important to me, but if I would have to chose I would like to ...

1. Go to an Alphaville concert together with my mother
2. Make a tour (not tourist stuff) through the Carpates (is it the right word) and Great Britain.
3. Learn to ride a horse and combine it with #2
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2003, 19:40   #4
russharvey
Dream Keeper

wow - this is a good topic and tough to narrow down to just three things......... I agree with Joker, its very important to live my life the best I can and leave my children a decent legacy or name to live up to.... Its not so important to me to be rich and famous, although I want to have enough money to live comfortably and do all the things that I want to do....... I guess these are the three most important things I want to accomplish before I die, although I have to admit that swimming with dolphins does sound pretty cool.... you know in Florida there is a place that will let you do that? Ok, back to the list.

1. Travel the world with my wife (stopping in Germany of course to see an AV concert there!)
2. See my children grow up, get married and have the time to get to know my grandchildren
3. To hold an officially released cd in my hands that has songs on it that I wrote (at least the lyrics anyway)

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2003, 19:46   #5
Kaz
Her...

Cool things! I have to say that I'd do all the normal human things too (seeing grandkids etc), but here I just wanted to mean the things that I selfishly (I suppose) want to achieve - and this list will probably change as my priorities (and/or realisations) do.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2003, 20:41   #6
Adiville
big in japan

Actually, long story but about 3 weeks ago i really thought i was going to die.....
The details are not important but the one thing that crossed my mind that moment was : "i wanna say goodbye to Marian.....".
Yes, thats what i was thinking......
Of course i'd like to say goodbye to all of you and my family and some more people but thats what i wanted to do when i thought that a few more minutes and thats it......
but its over now
As for really big things that i'd like to do before ill end up my mission on this planet :
1. Give birth (after i found a lovely guy...)
2. A very very long vacation in Germany (with no worries about time or money or anything !!!)
3. Ahhhhhh......ill save this one for when im older

"Ok Adi, this song is for you..." Freiberg 13.8.2005
Adiville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2003, 20:54   #7
wii
Dream Master

Adi, get out of that terrible place
Old 09 Sep 2003, 20:55   #8
wii
Dream Master

Yeah, and Iīve been there, but didnīt do it

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by russharvey
you know in Florida there is a place that will let you do that?
Old 09 Sep 2003, 20:58   #9
Agnes
Dreamer

Very good topic indeed!!! Well, as lately I had the chance to think over all that I would like to do before leaving this present maternal body, then hmmmmm... Let me name the 3 most important things.

1., Getting initiated to Krishna-consciousness by a real guru, together with my kids.

2., Being the life-mate of a certain guy... (no, you don't know him )

3., And last but not least I want to get my diploma here at the college!

*** Say GOURANGA, and be happy! ***
Agnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2003, 21:03   #10
russharvey
Dream Keeper

true Kaz I understand - there are little things for me like learning sign language or seeing the Mayan ruins or getting my work published or taking a horse trek in Montana or taking a cruise to the Bahamas or hiking into the Grand Canyon or spending the night in an old European castle that are on my longer list of things I would like to do someday, but selfishly, I really do have my family in the top three.

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote