Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 20 Mar 2015, 19:03   #1
happysheep
Dreamer

Romeos versions mystery - please help

I may be an idiot, but I am having an impossible time finding the version of Romeos I'm looking for. I know there's one where near the end Marion repeatedly sings "La La La La La La" over the line "Angels in different shapes" (love that part!). But I just purchased TWO different versions from iTunes... and neither of them have that part!!

First I bought the "album version" from TBB (5:29). There's La La's... but no "angels" over it.

So then I bought the single version from First Harvest (5:31)... and its the same thing.

Is iTunes messed up? It's so frustrating, because I can HEAR the right version when I go to Grooveshark. Strangely they have it listed under both TBB and FH (4:50 on both), but it's definitely that great version I'm after.

Can someone help me make sense of this??? My CDs are packed away in storage so sadly I can't get to my actual discs to compare to those...

Missing my angels and la la's,
Jason
Last edited by happysheep; 21 Mar 2015 at 19:14.
happysheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2015, 20:09   #2
jetset
Dreamer

You lost me Bouncingsheep ! (don't ask, I baptise all newcomers)
Anyhow here are the known versions : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romeos
Try a legal and free platform such as Deezer to check, and get back to us ;)

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2015, 22:57   #3
happysheep
Dreamer

I know I sound crazy, but after checking into this further I now believe that the MP3 version of Romeos available for purchase through iTunes and Spotify (for the album TBB) is NOT the real album version. Its missing half of Marion's backing vocals at the end.

If you don't believe me go listen on Spotify for free at 3:45. He's singing the "La La La" part loud and clear, but there is no "Angels in different shapes" line to go with it. It's supposed to be there, right??? Somebody listen and tell me I'm not insane...
Last edited by happysheep; 21 Mar 2015 at 19:15.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 23:12   #4
nicole
Dreamer

Now I'm really curious about this. I can't go on spotify because the app isn't downloading on my ipad for some odd reason. When I went on iTunes, there were 3 versions that came up. The original, the long version, and a 1998 version. I'm wondering maybe it was one of those versions?

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2015, 01:13   #5
happysheep
Dreamer

No, it's not the extended version, or the dreamscapes demo, or 98 remix. It's 5:30 long, exactly like the album version, and its SOUNDS exactly like the album version... until 3:45. That's when, for some inexplicable reason, all Marion's vocals about "angels in different shapes" are CUT until the very end of the song.

Can someone do me a favor? I've now just purchased this dumb mp3 TWICE (from TBB and from FH) and all I'm after is a nice clean HQ version of the original as it was meant to be! Can anyone out there with a copy send it to me? I'll be happy to send you back a copy of this "angel-less" rarity if you want it!

Thanks,
Sheep
Old 21 Mar 2015, 08:36   #6
Kaz
Her...

I'm confused too. What exactly is it you are looking for? I've never heard an 'angel-less' version. Maybe I've not heard them all and there is something new under the Alphaville sun.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Last edited by Kaz; 21 Mar 2015 at 08:38.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2015, 09:31   #7
jetset
Dreamer

It turns out you are right Perkysheep. I first checked the First Harvest version (5:31) proposed as mp3, and it has the "lalala+angels" part. And then I listened to the TBB version (5:29) as mp3, strangely renamed "Romeos (long version)", in which the "angels" were removed.
You can verify here :
http://www.musicme.com/#/Alphaville/...924485527.html

Old 21 Mar 2015, 19:14   #8
happysheep
Dreamer

Glad I'm not crazy. All I've been trying to find online is that good old standard album version (with all the normal backing vocals)! If anyone can be kind enough to send me a HQ copy, let me know!!
Last edited by happysheep; 21 Mar 2015 at 19:16.
Old 21 Mar 2015, 19:39   #9
jetset
Dreamer

First Harvest version is ok, I don't get it... well, you can PM me.

Old 23 Mar 2015, 01:07   #10
humanracer
Dreamer

I would be interested in this also. I have a FLAC rip of the TBB and it does NOT have the "angels" line. I have never heard that line before.

Maybe different pressings of the CD had a different version?
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote