Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Other Artists > Other Artists

Old 06 Jan 2004, 19:44   #41
Mags
Moonshine

I am still waiting for my copy of Imperfection...I ordered it in the middle of November from ADD and still nothing . I really wonder sometimes.....

I heard something disturbing, but don't know how true it is...when I was in Salt Lake City at Modified Music over Christmas (best alternative music store in the state) the owner (friend of mine) said that Real Life may only be doing one more concert, EVER, due to George's illness...and that they were talking about doing that one final show in Salt Lake City this February! (Since they were so warmly welcomed and such...). I really really really really want to hear them live again, they are so good live.....I really hope that they do a concert anywhere in Europe before stopping. I will go, wherever it is.....a trip to SLC is not feasible this February :(.

*shadows dance across my walls, it's no dream...my dreams become so real to me!!!*

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2004, 09:35   #42
babble
"Moonboy"

@Mags: I do hope you get your copy soon. It's great! They will soon re-release it through ADD with new remixes and some new songs on it though.

According to their official website (www.reallifemusic.net) they said on November 17, 2003 that they would do their best for a US summer tour in 2004, but they said nothing about Europe. Let's hope George will be up for it!

"The moment I see you with your trousers dropped will be as rewarding as just having shopped"
Call Me Old-Fashioned - PSB
babble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2004, 22:18   #43
Mags
Moonshine

Real Life is touring, but only in Australia and the US . Anyone who can, GO SEE THEM! Real Life's concert at a synth festival in Salt Lake in 2000 was one of the best concerts I have ever been to. They rock live! Here is the email update I received from them:

Hi All,

Imperfect World Tour 2004:

We are writing to announce upcoming Real Life performances :)

Firstly to those of you in Australia there are two shows scheduled. At present no other gigs have been confirmed prior our departure for the US in August.

MELBOURNE July 22: Corner Hotel Richmond (special guests -Brisbane electro band Tycho Brahe)
http://www.cornerhotel.com/

PERTH Aug 7: Civic Hotel 981 Beaufort St, Inglewood (no support details)

We are travelling to the US in August, confirmed dates (headline & multibill) can be found on Pollstar
http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searcha...2BLife&Exact=Y

We're hoping for more confirmations in the US. Your assistance in sourcing small venue gigs is always appreciated; our LA booking agency is working as best they can to secure more dates but can only do so much, especially outside the immediate Western states.

I hope we can see as many of you as possible, it's been four years since our last visit and we're anxious to get back to the US for some hot shows!

cheers from David, Scott and myself

George

www.reallifemusic.net

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2004, 00:45   #44
The Rose Phantom
Dreamer

I can't find any real life cd's anywhere!!

<The Rose Phantom>
The Rose Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2004, 11:16   #45
The Blackrice
Dreamer

aH._._._.REal liFe._._._.i EnjoY ThEiR SyNtH SoUnD** SoMe oF mY FAvOrItEs ArE,,,iS:

"FaCe tO FaCe" "ONe bLiNd LoVe" "lEt'S FaLL iN LoVe" "SeNd mE aN AnGEl '89" - DaNcE MiX

ThE LiSt GoEs oN._._._.*-------*

**The Blackrice** :(
The Blackrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2004, 10:31   #46
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

After I received 'Heartland' I also ordered 'Imperfection' that I received with their autographs!

[img]Data/20041128113058_imperfection.jpg[/img]

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 19:17   #47
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

I had bought some cd's of them

- Oblivion
- Best of Real Life - Send Me An Angel
- Imperfection (US import - double disc)

What saw I on the cd 'Oblivion'?

Oblivion [Syrian Mix]

Does the name Syrian doesn't ring a bell??

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2019, 06:19   #48
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Real Life

Real Life are coming to Europe - or, at least David Sterry with Band.
I was doubtful after finding him doing some IMHO poor cover versions of 80s classic hits for some Oz CD Release, but he has also been to Germany recently. There were a few recordings of that gig incl. live performances of Babies, Flame, Face to Face and God Tonight on YouTube - except for Catch me I’m Falling all seem to be removed again by now, unfortunately. These performances appeared quite good to me, so I bought a Ticket (42€) for one of their upcoming shows in Germany. On Feb 9, 2020, given earth still exists at that date, they will play in Hamburg. If anyone else from the forum is there I‘d happily like to meet you there.

https://youtu.be/ptUD0Svr_sM
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2019, 16:00   #49
emo72
Dreamer

This thread spans 18 years. I love that.
emo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2019, 10:39   #50
wii
Dream Master

Yeah, I would love to see David Sterry live, I'm in

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeseven View Post
Real Life are coming to Europe - or, at least David Sterry with Band.
I was doubtful after finding him doing some IMHO poor cover versions of 80s classic hits for some Oz CD Release, but he has also been to Germany recently. There were a few recordings of that gig incl. live performances of Babies, Flame, Face to Face and God Tonight on YouTube - except for Catch me I’m Falling all seem to be removed again by now, unfortunately. These performances appeared quite good to me, so I bought a Ticket (42€) for one of their upcoming shows in Germany. On Feb 9, 2020, given earth still exists at that date, they will play in Hamburg. If anyone else from the forum is there I‘d happily like to meet you there.

https://youtu.be/ptUD0Svr_sM
wii is offline   Reply With Quote